Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,104 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Supervisor also insisting I'm not eligible for the prime day deal, have now asked to speak to their manager

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Prunty

Caranica wrote: »
    Supervisor also insisting I'm not eligible for the prime day deal, have now asked to speak to their manager

Best of luck, they usually say managers don't exist and supervisors are your last port of call before an email only escalation team that will get back to you. Godspeed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Not true. I have received the full import fees deposit back on several items over the past month or so without asking for it.

If Revenue do no collect it from Amazon, then Amazon automatically refund it to you.

Yup, can confirm this. Had a 20 pound refund on an 8TB HDD this last week for this exact reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭checkcheek

Caranica wrote: »

I’ve found their customer service to be absolutely pointless for the most part. Even when the say they help. They never actual gave an answer. Then there is no way to make a complaint. The customer service chat is the complaint one too they tell me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,020 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Maybe try German site.

UK only for amazon.co.uk.

Or setup address pal quick and get it shipped through that

Won't deliver from Germany, address pal are a nightmare to deal with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭ablelocks

this is the email address i was given by chat agent to send examples of pricing issues to :

resolution-uk@amazon.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

ablelocks wrote: »
    this is the email address i was given by chat agent to send examples of pricing issues to :

resolution-uk@amazon.co.uk

Thats also tha address I've been given to register a complaint.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,104 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

No luck for me. We can access prime day deals but only if we get the items shipped to the UK :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Prunty

Items under 20 quid still seem to be vat free. I think there's bargains to be had but only on cheaper items. They should do a promo for Irish prime customers when they've this mess sorted but that's probably very wishful thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Time to cancel prime. No point of it if they don't honour deals for us. Disgraceful given they'll happily take out prime membership fee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Cookiee

Crest whitening strips, are 20$ off now, I actually bought some on the 15th of June from America Amazon and they were delivered on the 17th to me in Dublin by ups (I know so fast!) But now of course they're 20$ after I buy them lol, but I recommend them, they work! And such a good deal now I wish I thought about prime day coming up.

Also to get the prime deal just sign up for a free trial on Amazon us

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AHAWWO0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_70BYHWTHMNV1X6HHJMG8?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

RossieMan wrote: »
    Time to cancel prime. No point of it if they don't honour deals for us. Disgraceful given they'll happily take out prime membership fee.

There’s a lot to dislike about Amazon’s business practices but this appears to be an IT ballsup so I’d cool the jets on the disgraceful stuff.

FYI, the 30% off warehouse items is still being applied correctly, at least in places. It does appear to be charging VAT on the non-discounted price, though. I’ve ordered two chargers and a PSU through it. Probably because it’s essentially a different campaign to the regular Prime Day deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭MovieFest

They've been running ads for Amazon Prime on radio/Spotify all week in Ireland, so they clearly were expecting Irish customers, it's odd they weren't prepared.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭vidapura

I was hoping to buy a fire hd 8 pro kids tablet...
    But they won't ship it from amazon.de

Not sure I understand what's happening from UK?
    Are they not honouring prime day for Irish customers??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

I emailed them about being over charged by 20€ on the echo dot..

They emailed back saying basically though **** and we threw 10 pound in your account there now take it or leave it..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭Hoboo

keano25 wrote: »
    I emailed them about being over charged by 20€ on the echo dot..

They emailed back saying basically though **** and we threw 10 pound in your account there now take it or leave it..

Leave it and get a full refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭vidapura

vidapura wrote: »
    I was hoping to buy a fire hd 8 pro kids tablet...
    But they won't ship it from amazon.de

Not sure I understand what's happening from UK?
    Are they not honouring prime day for Irish customers??

Actually now I notice it.. the UK site .. on the fire page says that it only ships to the 'united kingdom' FFS...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,328 ✭✭✭positron

Garmin Edge Explore

List price: £183.33
    Price: £183.32
    Lightning Deal: -£34.32
    With discount: £149.00

And when in checkout:

Items: £183.32
    Postage & Packing: £0.00
    Import Fees Deposit: £62.24
    Total: £245.56
    Promotion Applied: -£34.32
    Order Total: £211.24

Fecking Brexit and everything else. We are screwed!

Same item on Amazon.de

Order Summary
    Items: €175.71
    Postage & Packing: €8.64
    Order Total: €184.35

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

There are two issues. The first is that they are not deducting the UK VAT element of the selling price before adding on the Import Fees Deposit. Secondly they are not deducting the discount before applying Import Fees Deposit.

Effectively we are paying VAT twice and not getting the full discount!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Apologies if this has been mentioned but im going blind looking at all the VAT chat.

Just wondering how to use the £10 credit I got a couple of weeks ago for shopping with small business or something. I can't see it on my accounts but know I got it.

How is it applied? Do you have to buy something from small business again or what?

• Advertisement

Seve OB wrote: »
    How is it applied? Do you have to buy something from small business again or what?

You'll see it at checkout. No extra purchase required.

Seve OB wrote:

Buy anything and it'll automatically come off at checkout page.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Had something(A SUP Paddle) in cart since last night from the warehouse, last one, but said i'd take a chance as the full price was £90

So it seems it took off the 30% and then took off the £10, leaving £3.92. But then added £4.57 in IRE VAT.
    I pinged support on the chat and they said they would refund it.
    In this case, I'm happy with the price, but not going to refuse a refund of vat either.

Order Summary
    Item(s) Subtotal:GBP 19.89
    Postage & Packing:GBP 0.00
    Total Before VAT:GBP 3.92
    VAT:GBP 0.00
    Total:
    Promotion Applied:-GBP 15.97
    Import Fees DepositGBP 4.57
    Grand Total:GBP 8.49
    Payment Grand Total:EUR 10,09

Some offers don't allow multiple discounts so you'll probably only get one. Don't see the 5 off for books myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭adm

RossieMan wrote: »

I sent a complaint to resolution-uk@amazon.co.uk about the vat stuff today and said I was cancelling prime.

They refunded me 1 months membership and apologised.
    I think I will probably still cancel prime until they get an Irish warehouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Had something(A SUP Paddle) in cart since last night from the warehouse, last one, but said i'd take a chance as the full price was £90

So it seems it took off the 30% and then took off the £10, leaving £3.92. But then added £4.57 in IRE VAT.
    I pinged support on the chat and they said they would refund it.
    In this case, I'm happy with the price, but not going to refuse a refund of vat either.

Order Summary
    Item(s) Subtotal:GBP 19.89
    Postage & Packing:GBP 0.00
    Total Before VAT:GBP 3.92
    VAT:GBP 0.00
    Total:
    Promotion Applied:-GBP 15.97
    Import Fees DepositGBP 4.57
    Grand Total:GBP 8.49
    Payment Grand Total:EUR 10,09

LINK ME PLEASE MATE! would love to see that SUP

• Registered Users Posts: 17,013 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

grogi wrote: »
    The refunds you receive are because some exchange rate differences. Hence they are miniscule.

What we are talking here is complete f...kp in how the taxes are calculated for Irish consumers. You won't automatic refund for those.

I have received well over 1k so far this year in refunds. It actually has nothing to do with exchange rates. You will get the refunds if you pay in euro or directly in sterling.

Just to make things clear, Amazon has always charged a duty deposit & refunded any overcharge. Anyone buying from US Amazon in the last few years will testify to same. It's not new, Brexit or exchange rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I have received well over 1k so far this year in refunds. It actually has nothing to do with exchange rates. You will get the refunds if you pay in euro or directly in sterling.

Just to make things clear, Amazon has always charged a duty deposit & refunded any overcharge. Anyone buying from US Amazon in the last few years will testify to same. It's not new, Brexit or exchange rate.

That's great to hear. I only received refunds in the area of GBP 0.05, so assumed too much.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

MuddyDog wrote: »
    I ordered a 4k Firestick 2 weeks ago and it delivered to my Irish address just fine. Today though, as a prime member as well, the 26 pound 4k Firestick (45% off) won't deliver to my Irish address....very strange!

I ordered one just now, but had to use Adresspal. Price was £16.99 in the end (plus AP charges) which seems like a bit of a bargain.

Even more so, considering that Amazon had given me the £10 credit for Prime Day. So £6.99 for a 4k FireStick (plus Addresspal charges)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Prunty wrote: »
    Items under 20 quid still seem to be vat free. I think there's bargains to be had but only on cheaper items. They should do a promo for Irish prime customers when they've this mess sorted but that's probably very wishful thinking.

The VAT exemption for items under €20 ends next Wednesday anyway

Advertisement