Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Your post strongly misleads others who read it and who are looking to buy a Firestick. You did not know that a voucher was applied, nor did you imply that you would also be liable for customs. Your post is instead suggesting that if you ordered a Firestick through AddressPal that you only be charged an additional €6.50 AddressPal fee and nothing more. That is incorrect, by some way, and will result in posters getting a customs charge that they weren't expecting.

Someone asked for a workaround not how they can get it at the exact same price. I gave them one where they still save money on the retail price. Christ almighty, take a break.
    You can also get it delivered for €54.95 + €3.95 = €58.90 here.

https://www.freetv.ie/fire-tv-stick/

That's truly wonderful news. I responded to someone (not you) challenging on the price v Currys.

Oh, and the Amazon + AP method still saves ~15% on buying through freetv.ie ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭melatonin

€67.59 including VAT unfortunately

Someone asked for a workaround not how they can get it at the exact same price. I gave them one where they still save money on the retail price. Christ almighty, take a break.

That has nothing to do with what I said. You did not that a voucher was applied, you did not know that you would be liable for customs and you misled people with your post.
    That's truly wonderful news. I responded to someone (not you) challenging on the price v Currys.

Which is why that post is in reply to someone else and not you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

€54.95 & vat @ 23%

That has nothing to do with what I said. You did not that a voucher was applied, you did not know that you would be liable for customs and you misled people with your post.

Remove the £10 voucher and its still a ~15% saving even with customs. Do you understand that? Can we move on.

• Advertisement

Remove the £10 voucher and its still a ~15% saving even with customs. Do you understand that? Can we move on.

Let it go lad.

Remove the £10 voucher and its still a ~15% saving even with customs. Are you ok?

Again, nothing to do with my point. When you order a Firestick through AddressPal, with our without your discount, is the only surcharge €6.50?

No, therefore this post is not only incorrect, but misleading to others looking to buy one.

Again, nothing to do with my point. When you order a Firestick through AddressPal, with our without your discount, is the only surcharge €6.50?

No, therefore this post is not only incorrect, but misleading to others looking to buy one.

Let it go man. Move on with your afternoon. ;)

Let it go man. Move on with your afternoon. ;)

Ah the old "I've realised I'm wrong so I'll just say "let it go" rather than admit I'm wrong on the internet".

I highly recommend editing that post as there are plenty of people on this thread who have been looking to buy a Firestick and your post falsely claims what they will end up paying.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭djo789

Returns to amazon :
    Are they all going to Scotland now last 2 returns (in the last week) have both been destined for Scotland & I get allowed €10.52 to pay for postage. tbh this is a PITA. Anyone know Is the free-post To An post sort centre in Portlaoise no longer being used?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

djo789 wrote: »
    Returns to amazon :
    Are they all going to Scotland now last 2 returns (in the last week) have both been destined for Scotland & I get allowed €10.52 to pay for postage. tbh this is a PITA. Anyone know Is the free-post To An post sort centre in Portlaoise no longer being used?

I had to ship to UK as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Morby

It's been a while since I bought on Amazon, just wondering if they're still taking off the UK VAT on purchases under approx €20 to Ireland?

Or is that finished?

I've tried checking a few items in my basket but I'm not sure if they're not reducing because they're Prime Day offers and no reductions further apply, and some other items it appears to be taking off more than the UK Vat, so kind confused, it's a bitch glitchy my end.

Can anyone confirm if Amazon are still removing the UK VAT for cheaper purchases?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,104 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Morby wrote: »
    It's been a while since I bought on Amazon, just wondering if they're still taking off the UK VAT on purchases under approx €20 to Ireland?

Or is that finished?

I've tried checking a few items in my basket but I'm not sure if they're not reducing because they're Prime Day offers and no reductions further apply, and some other items it appears to be taking off more than the UK Vat, so kind confused, it's a bitch glitchy my end.

Can anyone confirm if Amazon are still removing the UK VAT for cheaper purchases?

They are if the original price was below £19, if it's a prime day reduction and the start price was over that, it's mostly not being removed due to the error we're all talking about.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Morby wrote: »

Still doing it until June 30th

• Registered Users Posts: 12,487 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I'd assume An post won't be bothering for a week or two until all the last few days of June get through? I can imagine amazon CS being bombarded with anooyance if anyone has to pay VAT and a fee

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

ams wrote: »
    check for one that supports offline Spotify - otherwise he'll still need to carry his phone.

Thanks. Any opinions on the Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 Bluetooth??

Actually - wondering if Samsung will give the cashback offer on one bought from Amazon Warehouse??

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭POBox19

TheDriver wrote: »
    I'd assume An post won't be bothering for a week or two until all the last few days of June get through? I can imagine amazon CS being bombarded with anooyance if anyone has to pay VAT and a fee

It becomes EU customs rule on July 1st. They can't ignore it.

POBox19 wrote: »

I assume that in parallel, the speed of Amazon deliveries will massively slow down (again) as a result which again will place the value of Prime membership under scrutiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

Canonfan wrote: »
    Those of you who bought Samsung Buds Live during this cash back offer and looking for second qualified item for extra €55. The Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 lite is on offer at the moment for £259 (normally €400 ish in Argos or Currys)

Order the blue one you can get it for £265.47 (€315 ish), DON'T order the black one because you will pay £306.48 (system error).

Samsung cash back for S6 lite is €75, if this is your second item, there is another €55 for you. Nice tablet for €185.

Update on this: I cancelled yesterday's order and ordered again today, I saved further £43.17 on the same tablet (blue S6 lite). I don't know what's going on with Amazon pricing system, but it just means the tablet is even better of a deal.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

If I order something for a tenner before 1 July will I have to pay customs or tax to AnPost if delivered after 1 July first

• Advertisement

timple23 wrote: »
    If I order something for a tenner before 1 July will I have to pay customs or tax to AnPost if delivered after 1 July first

You are liable if it lands in Ireland from July 1st onwards (but it may still pass through customs anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

I posted on the other thread but for those who is looking for a second Samsung product to qualify for addition €55 cash back. Amazon has the Galaxy Tab S6 lite on sale. Get the BLUE NOT BLACK one. I don't know what's going on with their pricing system. Both are currently selling at £259, but blue is £222.3 for us, black one is £267.23.

By the way, cash back on this tablet is €75, there is an extra €55 cash back if you bought another qualified item.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

Only wrote: »
    Thanks. Any opinions on the Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 Bluetooth??

Actually - wondering if Samsung will give the cashback offer on one bought from Amazon Warehouse??

Device has to be new.

"Participants who purchase a new (i.e. not second hand, ex-display or refurbished) qualifying device as detailed in Table 2 below (the "Promotion Product") in-store or online from a Participating Retailer in the United Kingdom, Channel Islands, Isle of Man or Republic of Ireland within the Purchase Period will be eligible to claim a cash back reward (exclusively paid by way of bank transfer) via redemption (the "Reward"). For the avoidance of doubt, devices purchased through the Samsung Certified Pre-Owned scheme are not eligible to participate in this Promotion. The relevant Reward value per Promotion Product shall be as set out in Table 2 below."

https://2021.samsungpromotions.claims/summercashback/en-IE/terms

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

I posted on the other thread but for those who is looking for a second Samsung product to qualify for addition €55 cash back. Amazon has the Galaxy Tab S6 lite on sale. Get the BLUE NOT BLACK one. I don't know what's going on with their pricing system. Both are currently selling at £259, but blue is £222.3 for us, black one is £267.23.

By the way, cash back on this tablet is €75, there is an extra €55 cash back if you bought another qualified item.

On this, the devices need to arrive in order to process the cashback claim (need a seriel number), some aren't showing a shipping time on Amazon so hopefully won't be caught out by that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 NiceSwan

hots wrote: »
    On this, the devices need to arrive in order to process the cashback claim (need a seriel number), some aren't showing a shipping time on Amazon so hopefully won't be caught out by that.

you have till September to claim iirc.

also just noticed if you add the gray cover you just get 3% off and not 30% as the promo says, so be wide.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭ifeelstupid

Update on this: I cancelled yesterday's order and ordered again today, I saved further £43.17 on the same tablet (blue S6 lite). I don't know what's going on with Amazon pricing system, but it just means the tablet is even better of a deal.:D

I ordered it today also but the tracking says I wont get delivery until 9th July. The Samsung offer ends on the 7th:( Can't process the cashback without the serial number of the tablet - is there any workaround to this if I don't have it by the 7th? Black was available for delivery on 5th but at higher price as Canonfan said above.

Price paid today for the blue one was £212.30 (€248.06 incl revenue fees on Revo)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭TimHorton

I ordered it today also but the tracking says I wont get delivery until 9th July. The Samsung offer ends on the 7th:( Can't process the cashback without the serial number of the tablet - is there any workaround to this if I don't have it by the 7th? Black was available for delivery on 5th but at higher price as Canonfan said above.

Price paid today for the blue one was £212.30 (€248.06 incl revenue fees on Revo)

60 days to claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭MenloPete

Love the one penny sale!

Prime Exclusive Deal
    £258.99 (Save 21%)

Non-Deal Price £259.00
    FREE delivery: Tuesday, July 6 in the UK
    Dispatches from: Amazon
    Sold by: Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 12,487 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

POBox19 wrote: »

I wouldn't be worried tho, amazon will prob give a voucher if you kick up a fuss because they didn't charge the VAT and then shipped after 1st July.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭dazzday

Am i correct in saying the below:

S6 lite £222 (€260) - Cashback €75 = €185
    Buds Live £76 (€89) - Cashback €45 = €44

= €229 total - €55 bonus cashback = €174 total for tablet and earbuds

Seems a great deal if so!

Advertisement