Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

dazzday wrote: »
    Am i correct in saying the below:

S6 lite £222 (€260) - Cashback €75 = €185
    Buds Live £76 (€89) - Cashback €45 = €44

= €229 total - €55 bonus cashback = €174 total for tablet and earbuds

Seems a great deal if so!

Yes sir, your math is very good :D

Sorry for the chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 NiceSwan

Canonfan wrote: »
    Yes sir, your math is very good

Sorry for the chat.
    dazzday wrote: »
    Am i correct in saying the below:

S6 lite £222 (€260) - Cashback €75 = €185
    Buds Live £76 (€89) - Cashback €45 = €44

= €229 total - €55 bonus cashback = €174 total for tablet and earbuds

Seems a great deal if so!

There is a chance we might get caught for import duty. normally irish price is 3% more expensive that the uk lightning deal but we are cheaper in this one for the tablet s6 and it seams the import duty is the difference.

Also the black mystic buds popped up for a few mins as being sold by amazon. I nabbed a pair at £80 (was advertised at £93 though), but it quick changed back to third party seller soon after. so keep an eye out

For those interested here is the tab s6 lite
    https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B086K8GQ29/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

and here are the buds

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Galaxy-Wireless-Earphones-Version/dp/B08C5HYHYB/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&qid=1624374305&rnid=560800&s=electronics&sr=1-1

Must be sold by amazon not third party to claim the cash back FYI.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Is there a way to buy Microsoft (Office) 365 in Ireland from Amazon?
    Tried it a few different ways to no avail. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

Is there a way to buy Microsoft (Office) 365 in Ireland from Amazon?
    Tried it a few different ways to no avail. :/

change your location to the UK. It's just a code you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Yes sir, your math is very good :D

Sorry for the chat.

259 gbp now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Cameraman

dubmick wrote: »
    change your location to the UK. It's just a code you get.

It's your actual location - not delivery location - otherwise it wouldn't work for me.
    The other way is to order "activation code in box" - which is actually a code printed on a plastic card in a box ????? I've done this in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

NiceSwan wrote: »
    There is a chance we might get caught for import duty. normally irish price is 3% more expensive that the uk lightning deal but we are cheaper in this one for the tablet s6 and it seams the import duty is the difference.

Part of the price when I ordered the tablet for £220-ish specified £40-ish for import duties. They can take a hike looking for more money after what the hours wasted on customer service.

Thanks for the heads up Canon. It's a great deal on the earbuds and tablet assuming it works out.

259 gbp now

Buy the blue one not black. Still £220 i just checked.

Sorry for the chat mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,576 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Buy the blue one not black. Still £220 i just checked.

Sorry for the chat mod.

The blue one shows as 258.99 for me, just 1 pound cheaper than the black.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

The blue one shows as 258.99 for me, just 1 pound cheaper than the black.

Go to check-out and the price drops to £222.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

muffler wrote: »
    What is it?
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07PDJ9JFF/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

A few post back, but this isn't the only item, all go back to full price at check out, Amazon aware of the problem.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 989 ✭✭✭ineedeuro

Was thnking about the Ring alarm system, doesn;t seem to ship here which is annoying, any alternative, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

ineedeuro wrote: »
    Was thnking about the Ring alarm system, doesn;t seem to ship here which is annoying, any alternative, thanks

Eufy do a video doorbell. Their stuff is decent. I don’t know how it is price wise though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭ablelocks

for me the pricing isn't corrected on Eufy products - (I sent an email to Anker to tell them I'd love to buy some more stuff, but Amazon have the wrong pricing)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 989 ✭✭✭ineedeuro

Eufy do a video doorbell. Their stuff is decent. I don’t know how it is price wise though.

Thanks, I want the full alarm, I already have some Eufy stuff already and yes good quality but they don't do alarm, or not that I have seen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

Should the import fees be applied before or after the promotional discount? It has been applied before the discount on the pre-vat price on this item and my head is fried with all the carry-on with them yesterday!

Item(before vat) £310.32
    With ROI VAT £381.69
    30% discount £ 93.10
    £10 discount £ 10.00
    Import Fees £ 71.37
    Total £278.59

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭leck

I ordered this last night - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B088CX996D. Was charged £135.96. I knew the tax was being applied incorrectly at the time, but had to submit the order in order to have an order number to reference. Got onto chat and they were clueless. Told me that IF I was overcharged, a refund would be issued in 180 days.

Today they have fixed the tax issue and it's coming up at £105.96.

Wondering whether to cancel original order and create a new order. What have the rest of you done about yesterday's orders that you were overcharged on?

leck wrote: »
    Wondering whether to cancel original order and create a new order. What have the rest of you done about yesterday's orders that you were overcharged on?

I tried to cancel a Fire tablet that I bought yesterday and was overcharged on. I wasn't let cancel, apparently because the Fire had been dispatched already.

But there was boiler plate text that reminded me that I can refuse the item when it's delivered and would then get my money back. This is what I plan to do as I ended up getting a Samsung tablet instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

leck wrote: »
    I ordered this last night - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B088CX996D. Was charged £135.96. I knew the tax was being applied incorrectly at the time, but had to submit the order in order to have an order number to reference. Got onto chat and they were clueless. Told me that IF I was overcharged, a refund would be issued in 180 days.

Today they have fixed the tax issue and it's coming up at £105.96.

Cancel if you can. Why should you risk problems with getting the refund? A couple of clicks and you are sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Will Amazon issue refunds on the tax issue automatically or do we have to contact them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭leck

Cancel if you can. Why should you risk problems with getting the refund? A couple of clicks and you are sorted.
    Agh! I cancelled and placed a new order.

Then got this message:
    Unfortunately we weren't able to cancel the following item(s) from your order:

Blink Outdoor | Wireless, weather-resistant HD security camera with two-year battery life, motion detection | 2-Camera System

When you receive your order, you're welcome to refuse the package and it will be returned to us. If you are unable to refuse delivery, please visit our Online Returns Support Centre to create your personalised returns label so you can send this item back to us for a full refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

jones wrote: »
    Will Amazon issue refunds on the tax issue automatically or do we have to contact them?

They say automatically but im still waiting on a refund for an item that was bought in January that ended up being despatched from Germany to Ireland via France. That was a 13GBP charge and i havnt seen a penny of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Off topic but has anyone ever seen a radio alarm clock that has zero glow/light. Want to leave the phone away from the bed but need total darkness to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Didn't really have the money, decided to wait. Glad I did. Dont feel too bad about no Apple Watches left.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Few stupid Qs before I treat myself.

Is Amazon Sarl ok for the cashback offers?
    Are posters going for the 64gb or 128gb tablet?
    Which Galaxy Buds better, Buds Live Wireless or Buds+?

Three cashbacks would be fab.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Ah, irrelevant, seem to have missed the deal on blue tab.

Ah, irrelevant, seem to have missed the deal on blue tab.

Still 2 hours 18 mins left, blue Tab S6 lite still in stock €265.45 or 220GBP at the check out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

jarvis wrote: »
    Off topic but has anyone ever seen a radio alarm clock that has zero glow/light. Want to leave the phone away from the bed but need total darkness to sleep.

A Google home / hub / nest or whatever they call it now should see ya right

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭Pique

jarvis wrote: »

I got a cheapo one from aldi a couple of years back with a QI charger on top that you can turn the display off completely.

Only thing is that when you actually use it to charge your phone there's a blue led that would burn your retinas. Bit of insulation tape solved that though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Terry..

So I can see I can place my order on hold when I don't have funds

How long will they allow that then if the payment is first declined

Advertisement