Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Seve OB wrote: »
    the small business didn't give him the tenner

But they did, presumably, process the order, allocate the stock and possibly miss out on selling the sanitiser to a genuine customer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

brophs wrote: »
    But they did, presumably, process the order, allocate the stock and possibly miss out on selling the sanitiser to a genuine customer?

Well no - none of them. They haven't been processing any of the orders they received in recent week and even after 14 days there was still no action on my order.
    If you search this thread for the last month you'll see the story with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Well no - none of them. They haven't been processing any of the orders they received in recent week and even after 14 days there was still no action on my order.

Yeah. I have an order from may 25th outstanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Masala

Soarer wrote: »
    81IDPhAi%2BzS._AC_SX679_.jpg

LEGO 42108 Technic Mobile Crane - £51.24 delivered for us.

Currently €110 in Argos and €80 in Smyth's.

Christmas won't be long in coming 'round! ;)

ooohhhhhh... would that suit Ages 50++ ???.

I can’t help thinking there are better ways to give two fingers to Amazon than messing around a small business just trying to make a living.

Small business didn't give the voucher and the small bushiness in question are not fulfilling orders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Masala wrote: »
    ooohhhhhh... would that suit Ages 50++ ???.

Showing as 58/59£ for me ;-/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

So how does any of that equate to them giving away a tenner?

Lot of assumptions there. Let’s assume they have loads of stock so haven’t refused any other customer. They haven’t processed or shipped the order yet. So no affect to the small business at all.

I can only assume that brophs didn’t know about the clusterfeck around the hand sanitiser.
    If it was a genuine small company fulfilling the order them his comment about depriving them of an order would have been fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,104 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I got on to customer service about 4 orders with no delivery date including the sanitiser. First I was told it was temporarily out of stock, I pointed out that it didn't say that when I ordered, then all of a sudden it was in stock just not dispatched yet. I mentioned that another item said delivery Friday until I completed the purchase and then it went to delivery date to be confirmed. Next thing I knew they said they'd refund this month's prime payment.

Will be getting back on to them next week if the stuff isn't sent out. Mind you one of the items is HG fridge cleaner that's €6.99 in the shops here and £2.85 on Amazon!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭checkcheek

Caranica wrote: »
    I got on to customer service about 4 orders with no delivery date including the sanitiser. First I was told it was temporarily out of stock, I pointed out that it didn't say that when I ordered, then all of a sudden it was in stock just not dispatched yet. I mentioned that another item said delivery Friday until I completed the purchase and then it went to delivery date to be confirmed. Next thing I knew they said they'd refund this month's prime payment.

Will be getting back on to them next week if the stuff isn't sent out. Mind you one of the items is HG fridge cleaner that's €6.99 in the shops here and £2.85 on Amazon!

I had this with them on other items. Even ordering it fresh and said guaranteed delivery by Friday such a date. But they just kept saying I will be informed when it’s dispatched. And they just wouldn’t listen that I was saying now when adding to the basket. It says delivery by X date. But the one I bought two weeks has nothing. So I cancelled it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

I got €10 for purchasing the hand sanitiser from a small business. Spent it on prime day, goods delivered already.
    Must go and cancel that hand sanitiser order now - don't really need it.

I'll put it down a little payment for putting up with their crap on prime day.
    I can’t help thinking there are better ways to give two fingers to Amazon than messing around a small business just trying to make a living.
    the small business didn't give him the tenner
    Small business didn't give the voucher and the small bushiness in question are not fulfilling orders.
    So how does any of that equate to them giving away a tenner?

Lot of assumptions there. Let’s assume they have loads of stock so haven’t refused any other customer. They haven’t processed or shipped the order yet. So no affect to the small business at all.
    I can only assume that brophs didn’t know about the clusterfeck around the hand sanitiser.
    If it was a genuine small company fulfilling the order them his comment about depriving them of an order would have been fair.
    I have no idea what went on earlier in this thread, nor, obviously, am I going to search back through it to see what happened. But look at ShatterProof's original post. He says he's cancelling as he didn't need it. He didn't mention anything about cancelling the order because this seller appears not to be fulfilling orders (which in the circumstances he later described would be perfectly fair). What would you have me do? Search back through everyone's history in case they've posted something different or contradictory?

Likewise, read both of my posts. Nowhere have I suggested that I thought the small business paid the credit. That wouldn't even make sense given what I posted originally.

Anyway, back to the football...

• Registered Users Posts: 46,028 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Is this the pack of 96 bottles? If so I have had problems with that order and a bit of news on that front.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭POBox19

muffler wrote: »
    Is this the pack of 96 bottles? If so I have had problems with that order and a bit of news on that front.

Yep.
    I think this is it 96 x 60ml now £15.99. https://www.amazon.co.uk/60ml-Hand-Sanitiser-Gel-PeppyPure/dp/B08MV32BG1/ref=sr_1_17?crid=3K2UUNS07Q7HU&dchild=1&keywords=hand+sanitiser+gel&qid=1624479313&sprefix=sanitiser%2Caps%2C173&sr=8-17
    Quoting in stock August 2, 2021. Probably around when nobody wants it.

POBox19 wrote: »

Yet I can order it as subscribe and save and have it in July? See above for my mixed messages from customer services about it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

VAT still not fixed? Item sold by Amazon for 18.99 coming in at 19.39, with prime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭SourSessions

muffler wrote: »

I keep getting fobbed off to the 'internal team' who promise to contact me but never do :rolleyes:
    Caranica wrote: »
    Yet I can order it as subscribe and save and have it in July? See above for my mixed messages from customer services about it today.

If you try to subscribe and save it, you still get the 'Order now and we'll notify you via e-mail when we have an estimated delivery date for this item.' message

VAT still not fixed? Item sold by Amazon for 18.99 coming in at 19.39, with prime.

Sold by a 3rd party seller not registered for VAT?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,028 ✭✭✭✭muffler

A few days ago I contacted Amazon through live chat about the sanitizer and basically I was lied to several times. Was told (like others here) that it was out of stock, asked to cancel and re-order from a third part seller and when they supplied a link it was to the same seller, told that they didnt know when they would have stock again etc etc. All this while the sanitizer was still up for sale on their website.

Anyhow I wasnt giving up on it especially after the way they tried to worm their way out of it. So I contacted the seller and they confirmed that they have stock and were surprised to learn that Amazon were selling their product here in Ireland.

The big thing that emerged in the email correspondence was my order being put on hold by the seller because they have "been told by Amazon that they have not received payment authorisation from you which explains the 'payment pending' status of your order"

Thats a direct quote from the sellers email and they also sent me a screenshot of the order status on their system. So amazon are also telling lies to the seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,879 ✭✭✭Soarer

vicwatson wrote: »
    Showing as 58/59£ for me ;-/

Still showing at the original price for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,751 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Sounds correct. That's removing UK VAT and adding Irish VAT (20% UK, 23% here)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Sup08

dulpit wrote: »
    Sounds correct. That's removing UK VAT and adding Irish VAT (20% UK, 23% here)

No VAT would be correct for 18.99 unless 3rd party seller. But OP suggested sold and fulfilled by Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭cfingers

Sup08 wrote: »
    No VAT would be correct for 18.99 unless 3rd party seller. But OP suggested sold and fulfilled by Amazon

I wonder are they adding it, incase it isn't delivered until after 1st July and will refund if it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

You're a star, have ordered now. Was tempted by a pink pair for my daughter but no point if no cash back.

Feels like the more I read the more I spend SAVE :D .
    Thanks.

Just an FYI on this order, got a delivery estimate date for the Samsung Buds, Saturday, 14 August 2021 by 8:00pm.

Will hold out a while but I'll probably cancel if they won't make the cashback date (which would be a pain as is actually costing €45 + €55 = €100 extra).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,751 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

cfingers wrote: »
    I wonder are they adding it, incase it isn't delivered until after 1st July and will refund if it is.

£18.99 = €22.23 according to google right now, so I assume it's just over the €22 threshold based on Amazon's calculations...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Bargain of the year I reckon.

556689.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭dodzy

No link?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

dodzy wrote: »
    No link?

No link as it was the only one, just highlighting the oddest of prime day purchases.

delly wrote: »
    No link as it was the only one, just highlighting the oddest of prime day purchases.

They were £5 a few weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

I just got a random £4.89 refund from Amazon. No idea what it is for. I haven't sent anything back or made a complaint.

Any idea why they did This?

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

I don't want to email them and ask in case they take it back. That's pint money now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Imblue

I just got a random £4.89 refund from Amazon. No idea what it is for. I haven't sent anything back or made a complaint.

Any idea why they did This?

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

I don't want to email them and ask in case they take it back. That's pint money now.
    Most likely it's a refund of VAT which was charged on an item and now has been refunded. There is a lot of that going on at the moment.

Advertisement