Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭SourSessions

muffler wrote:
    Thats a direct quote from the sellers email and they also sent me a screenshot of the order status on their system. So amazon are also telling lies to the seller.

Amazon told me the issue is it not bring in my nearest distribution centre (so send it there?!?)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

muffler wrote: »
    A few days ago I contacted Amazon through live chat about the sanitizer and basically I was lied to several times. Was told (like others here) that it was out of stock, asked to cancel and re-order from a third part seller and when they supplied a link it was to the same seller, told that they didnt know when they would have stock again etc etc. All this while the sanitizer was still up for sale on their website.

Anyhow I wasnt giving up on it especially after the way they tried to worm their way out of it. So I contacted the seller and they confirmed that they have stock and were surprised to learn that Amazon were selling their product here in Ireland.

The big thing that emerged in the email correspondence was my order being put on hold by the seller because they have "been told by Amazon that they have not received payment authorisation from you which explains the 'payment pending' status of your order"

Thats a direct quote from the sellers email and they also sent me a screenshot of the order status on their system. So amazon are also telling lies to the seller.
    Amazon told me the issue is it not bring in my nearest distribution centre (so send it there?!?)

I ordered a tyre puncture repair aerosol and a can of shaving foam back in May and they were never delivered. I eventually got onto chat and they said the orders were "stuck". They gave me UK10 credit and cancelled the orders. I ordered some WD-40 recently based on a Bargain alert and that order is now "delivery date pending"
    I suspect that there may be an issue in shipping any kind of aerosol from UK to ROI and that unless they bulk ship some of the item to the Irish distribution center the order will never ship?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭jones

I ordered a tyre puncture repair aerosol and a can of shaving foam back in May and they were never delivered. I eventually got onto chat and they said the orders were "stuck". They gave me UK10 credit and cancelled the orders. I ordered some WD-40 recently based on a Bargain alert and that order is now "delivery date pending"
    I suspect that there may be an issue in shipping any kind of aerosol from UK to ROI and that unless they bulk ship some of the item to the Irish distribution center the order will never ship?

I was the exact same i ordered car windscreen washer and it was stuck on delivery date pending for a month i contacted them and they said they couldn't ship to Ireland and canceled it and gave me £5 good will voucher

• Registered Users Posts: 11,955 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Aerosols have been restricted for sometime:

From An Post website:
    "For security and legal reasons, An Post prohibits the following items from international mail services:

Aerosols of any kind including saline solution and cosmetics"

Granted I know cosmetics are sold without issue in general but id say its the aerosol ban causing these hold ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

and large batteries too??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

fryup wrote: »
    and large batteries too??

postal services have issues with lithium batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

postal services have issues with lithium batteries.

That was the silliest mistake the postal services made in years.

Dangerous shipment of goods included lithium ion batteries - but was if i remember designed to focus on large shipments of 100's of them.

The risk of an individual battery is something that an post misunderstood and instigated. Load of nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭sok2005

Anyone having the same experience as me here, I have packages pending since May and they have not been dispatched yet.
    I've been onto CS twice but they keep informing me they'll escalate the matter.
    Has anyone had a resolution from a similar situation or should I cancel at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,028 ✭✭✭✭muffler

sok2005 wrote: »
    Anyone having the same experience as me here, I have packages pending since May and they have not been dispatched yet.
    I've been onto CS twice but they keep informing me they'll escalate the matter.
    Has anyone had a resolution from a similar situation or should I cancel at this stage?
    Read the last few posts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

Soarer wrote: »
    Still showing at the original price for me.

I get this when I try to checkout (at £67)
    Sorry, this item can't be delivered to your selected address. Learn more. You may either change the delivery address or delete the item from your order.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Caranica wrote: »
    They were £5 a few weeks ago

Damn it, I was robbed!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

A few days ago I contacted Amazon through live chat about the sanitizer and basically I was lied to several times. Was told (like others here) that it was out of stock, asked to cancel and re-order from a third part seller and when they supplied a link it was to the same seller, told that they didnt know when they would have stock again etc etc. All this while the sanitizer was still up for sale on their website.

Anyhow I wasnt giving up on it especially after the way they tried to worm their way out of it. So I contacted the seller and they confirmed that they have stock and were surprised to learn that Amazon were selling their product here in Ireland.

The big thing that emerged in the email correspondence was my order being put on hold by the seller because they have "been told by Amazon that they have not received payment authorisation from you which explains the 'payment pending' status of your order"

So with no payment to the seller by amazon I assume that means we'll never see the sanitizer?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭jacool

delly wrote: »
    Bargain of the year I reckon.

556689.jpg

I love the date it is getting delivered, either exactly 6 months early, or late!

So with no payment to the seller by amazon I assume that means we'll never see the sanitizer?
    Correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

Just an FYI on this order, got a delivery estimate date for the Samsung Buds, Saturday, 14 August 2021 by 8:00pm.

Will hold out a while but I'll probably cancel if they won't make the cashback date (which would be a pain as is actually costing €45 + €55 = €100 extra).

What's the cut-off date?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

jacool wrote: »
    I love the date it is getting delivered, either exactly 6 months early, or late!

As the people in the Christmas forum will tell you, the 25th of each month is Rudolph Day. Not sure why they need it every month, but they really, really love Christmas in that forum. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,104 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Zaph wrote: »
    As the people in the Christmas forum will tell you, the 25th of each month is Rudolph Day. Not sure why they need it every month, but they really, really love Christmas in that forum. :D

Nothing wrong with that. The happiest forum on boards :)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Caranica wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with that. The happiest forum on boards :)

It really is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Similar story, told me to wait another few days grr

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Imblue

vicwatson wrote: »
    Similar story, told me to wait another few days grr

I was on the phone to them earlier today and they told me that it was a fulfillment center issue and that they were expecting the product to be available for the ROI on August 2nd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Imblue wrote: »
    I was on the phone to them earlier today and they told me that it was a fulfillment center issue and that they were expecting the product to be available for the ROI on August 2nd

Also getting fulfillment center line from chat now myself, not impressed seeing as they say available June 27th on the site tonight.

They will tell you anything at the moment.

They are intent on not supplying the sanitizer here I dont know whether its to do with the alcohol content or most likely its the cost of shipping.

Just to add when I was in email contact with the seller they offered to give me a quote (needed my address) for the supply and delivery of the 96 bottles but did concede that delivery costs would be high. I told them not to bother as it was never going to come anywhere near Amazons price.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Imblue

Just received this from amazon customer care about the hand sanitizers

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Morby

What was the deal on 96 hand sanitizers? How much were they?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Morby wrote: »

It doesn't matter. None of them were shipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭dingding

8 something. Less than 9. I was on as well shipping 2nd August.

€9.86

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I went for the 12 dettol hand sanitisers for a little over a tenner and have a similar story. No sign of them shipping even though they're in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I told them if there is extra vat or duty they are paying it and they accepted that (put a note on the order) if you believe that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Just a guess but would the alcohol issue raised here by the hand santiser production early covid affect their ability to ship?

Advertisement