Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Imblue

Morby wrote: »
    What was the deal on 96 hand sanitizers? How much were they?

Yes it was the deal for the 96 hand sanitizers, were about 9 quid. Not holding out much hope of actually getting them but for less than a tenner I'll wait for another few weeks before I think of cancelling. One never knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Onto the customer care team about 3 orders that had been outstanding for ages:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07W4MK32J/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06?ie=UTF8&psc=1 - Order on the 1st of April, heard nothing

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07G9FDR1T/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 - Ordered this on the 9th of April, heard absolutely nothing from anyone

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08MV32BG1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 - Ordered 24th of May and heard nothing

Got onto the customer care team and all the items were 'stuck' and there was nothing they could do but cancel them.

It bothers me that they were on order for months in some cases and nothing was flagged.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 NiceSwan

ando wrote: »
    3 Pack A4 Pukka Pads. Legitimately the lowest its been according to CamelCamel. £4.11 on checkout.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000J6EXLM/ref=pe_27063361_485629781_TE_item

Got 4 packs for €18.20 . you get 5% off.

nephew starting secondary school in sept will be well stocked. lol.
    FYI : they are €6 for 1 Pukka pad in tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,879 ✭✭✭Soarer

Soarer wrote: »
    Is this open to Amazon Germany bargains?

A bit niche, but still.
    I'd always wear Puma King Top Di firm ground boots, but it's a balls trying to get them at a reduced rate.
    Was checking .co.uk, and saw that the non-Di versions in my size 8.5 were reduced to £87 delivered.
    For that money I thought I'd give them a go.

Then decided to check Amazon.de.
    Had to sign up for a free Prime trial (no biggie), but the same boots in the same size (42.5 EU) came in at €58.45 delivered!
    The boots themselves were only €50!
    Same boots direct from Puma are €140!

Like I said, a bit niche. But I'm assuming other sizes would be available at around the same money.

Live is life!

Ordered these Monday afternoon.
    Just delivered now.

3 and a bit days from ordering to delivery from Germany. Not too shabby.

Are we safe from the import duty for the under €22 items, if orders arrive to an post depot on wed 30th June yet wont get delivered to the gaff till 1st July?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

We had a good run, but I'm sad this VAT perk is coming to an end :(

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

NiceSwan wrote: »
    Are we safe from the import duty for the under €22 items, if orders arrive to an post depot on wed 30th June yet wont get delivered to the gaff till 1st July?

If it gets into the country on 30 June you'll be fine.

5 emails with refunds of varying amounts "Due to a technical issue" from Amazon. All stuff bought on Prime Day. Smallest amount £1.83 and biggest £18.77. happy days.

5 emails with refunds of varying amounts "Due to a technical issue" from Amazon. All stuff bought on Prime Day. Smallest amount £1.83 and biggest £18.77. happy days.

Yeah I got the same on the lightning deal dash cam and SD card I bought

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

ando wrote: »
    We had a good run, but I'm sad this VAT perk is coming to an end :(

Desperately need to order some useless crap over the next few days.
    We'll never have another opportunity...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 hazemat

Yeah just got my refund notice for an item that was £155 base price. I've got £36.67 back! Result!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Polar101

Same here, got about £15 back in total. I did think the prices looked wrong when I bought the items, but figured they'll correct it later.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭OU812

Same here.

Getting €5.67 back. Thing is they already gave me £10 credit to my account last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Highland spring is not available

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

From no chat thread...
    zell12 wrote: »
    Highland Spring Still Spring Water 12x500ml £2.08 for IE

The delivery dates are gone mad. Don't think I'd ever be bothered getting bottled water delivered from UK but can you imagine ordering it now and it arriving in early September? Wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,028 ✭✭✭✭muffler

From no chat thread...

The delivery dates are gone mad. Don't think I'd ever be bothered getting bottled water delivered from UK but can you imagine ordering it now and it arriving in early September? Wtf?
    Its been changed it seems ...
    Currently unavailable.
    We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

I did get a refund from Amazon last night of €21.78 for that Prime mess, hoorah

• Registered Users Posts: 24,793 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Pretty popular, hence the shortage of still and sparkling. Came up on thread two months ago as well
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116896751&postcount=495

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭plhealy2000

I got a refund on a kindle during the week. Got a second refund on it this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,681 ✭✭✭SteM

Anyone want to start up an Amazon Refunds thread?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭mrtom

Some last minute essentials before this no tax thing finishes!

Corsodyl Toothpaste for Gum Care, 75 ml, Ultra Clean
    Usually 4-5 euro in the shops here £1.59 for us each (using s & s and make sure its delivered before July)
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06WLLFK89/

What is using "s & s" and make sure its delivered before July?

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭ibrahimovic

mrtom wrote: »
    Some last minute essentials before this no tax thing finishes!

Corsodyl Toothpaste for Gum Care, 75 ml, Ultra Clean
    Usually 4-5 euro in the shops here £1.59 for us each (using s & s and make sure its delivered before July)
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06WLLFK89/

What is using "s & s" and make sure its delivered before July?

When I posted that it was in stock, so the subscribe and save option was available. Because there is no stock atm , its not available. You could have selected buy now with subscribe and save then clicked deliver it sooner, to get the same discount but delivered in the next few days.

Tablet and buds just got dispatched . Due here on Monday.

With the Samsung cashback should work out about €175 for both.

Nice one Canonfan for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Good for you, I ordered white ones on Tuesday night but telling me 14 August delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

Good for you, I ordered white ones on Tuesday night but telling me 14 August delivery.

It always arrive early than expected date. Also claims can be submitted within sixty (60) days from the date of purchase so you are safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

Tablet and buds just got dispatched . Due here on Monday.

With the Samsung cashback should work out about €175 for both.

Nice one Canonfan for the heads up.

You should also receive £26.00 promotional claim code for Adobe Creative Cloud Photography Plan 20GB and £1 off Norton 360 Deluxe 2021, Antivirus software for 3 Devices and 1-year subscription, no good to me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

I got a refund this week for something that was ordered in January for import fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭murphm45

lau1247 wrote: »
    Clementoni Micheangelo 1000 pieces puzzle with minimum order quantity of 2 off at £6.34 for both delivered (with prime).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Clementoni-39496-39496-Vatican-Puzzle-Michelangelo/dp/B07MY2Y116/ref=sr_1_17?dchild=1&keywords=clementoni+micheangelo&qid=1624719325&sr=8-17

Need to act fast, it is showing up as delivery on 28th Jun from the mobile app at the moment.

Thanks very much for this op, they were down to the last one so only needed to buy 1 :D

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

muffler wrote: »
    They will tell you anything at the moment.

They are intent on not supplying the sanitizer here I dont know whether its to do with the alcohol content or most likely its the cost of shipping.

Just to add when I was in email contact with the seller they offered to give me a quote (needed my address) for the supply and delivery of the 96 bottles but did concede that delivery costs would be high. I told them not to bother as it was never going to come anywhere near Amazons price.
    Ah.

I just went and cancelled my order. I have already used my £10 prime day voucher from that purchase, hopefully Amazon don't nab me for it! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭SourSessions

byte wrote: »
    Ah.

I just went and cancelled my order. I have already used my £10 prime day voucher from that purchase, hopefully Amazon don't nab me for it! :D

My latest chat escapade has them promising it will be shipped by the 30th. My agent disconnected, got shifty with me when I said 'hello' and forced her return and then asked if I had any other issue for her to deal with today, completely ignoring the fact that we hadn't resolved this issue yet. I just left as it was getting frustrating but I'll go back on June 30th when my order is inevitably not shipped as it's almost amusing seeing what they come back with. Amazon of old would have offered a £5 credit or something at this point.

Advertisement