Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭checkcheek

My latest chat escapade has them promising it will be shipped by the 30th. My agent disconnected, got shifty with me when I said 'hello' and forced her return and then asked if I had any other issue for her to deal with today, completely ignoring the fact that we hadn't resolved this issue yet. I just left as it was getting frustrating but I'll go back on June 30th when my order is inevitably not shipped as it's almost amusing seeing what they come back with. Amazon of old would have offered a £5 credit or something at this point.

This always makes me laugh. When the ask is there anything else they can help with. When they haven’t even dealt with the first problem

• Registered Users Posts: 15,532 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Guys,
    Not sure this is the right place or not, but for those that have prime solely for the purpose of purchasing, especially items that come in under the €22 or whatever it is. What do you plan on doing when July 1st comes along? Would it be worth keeping the prime account? Or close it and get one in Germany or somewhere within the EU ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,104 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

vectra wrote: »
    Guys,
    Not sure this is the right place or not, but for those that have prime solely for the purpose of purchasing, especially items that come in under the €22 or whatever it is. What do you plan on doing when July 1st comes along? Would it be worth keeping the prime account? Or close it and get one in Germany or somewhere within the EU ?

With free delivery, as opposed to €7ish from Europe, it's still better value if you do random off the cuff purchases rather than planning your buys.

Guys,

If you had Prime last year, then the only difference is that some items over €150 will be eligible for customs duty. Besides that, nothing is different.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭muirsheen

Many items I have in my basket that would deliver to Ireland no longer sending here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

July can’t come soon enough
    Spending a fortune here!!!!,

• Registered Users Posts: 15,532 ✭✭✭✭vectra

If you had Prime last year, then the only difference is that some items over €150 will be eligible for customs duty. Besides that, nothing is different.

I thought there was something coming July 1st with items even under €22 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,350 ✭✭✭Tefral

That is VAT

Yes, but that only existed from January.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

We regularly watch prime video, so that and free delivery is like a 2 for 1. My membership will remain either way, but it won't stop me telling amazon support otherwise to try and get some free months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭boardz

I recommend the Sure Quantum deodorant roll on.....got some the last time they were on sale great value

• Registered Users Posts: 46,028 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Re: 96 bottles hand sanitizer. Amazon have been telling people it wouldn't be available until 2 August which is a lie as the seller, Peppy, has already told me by email that they have stock. Im just after checking the product on Amazon and I see the date has now been pushed out to 21 August.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

delly wrote: »
    We regularly watch prime video, so that and free delivery is like a 2 for 1. My membership will remain either way, but it won't stop me telling amazon support otherwise to try and get some free months.

Unlimited photo storage too.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭teachinggal123

I have Prime Video but very little seems to be available to me. Most of the stuff I want to watch “Not available in your region”.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

delly wrote: »

Also Prime Music. I'd imagine it's a much smaller library compared to Spotify, etc., but they advertise it as 2m tracks, so there should be plenty for most people there.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭J_A_F_A

I have the same when on PC or laptop. No issues whatsoever on an Amazon Fire.
    I have Prime Video but very little seems to be available to me. Most of the stuff I want to watch “Not available in your region”.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Nabber wrote: »
    Unlimited photo storage too.

The problem with that I suspect is that you will loose your pictures or at the very least have to download them all if you stop paying for Prime.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Zaph wrote: »
    Also Prime Music. I'd imagine it's a much smaller library compared to Spotify, etc., but they advertise it as 2m tracks, so there should be plenty for most people there.

Huh? Amazon music have 70 million tracks, same as Spotify.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

quarryman wrote: »
    Huh? Amazon music have 70 million tracks, same as Spotify.

2m comes free with Prime, for the 70m you have to pay extra, €7.99 a month I think .

So what's the story when buying from 1st of July can someone fill me in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭SourSessions

muirsheen wrote: »
    So what's the story when buying from 1st of July can someone fill me in

VAT will be charged on all orders.

VAT will be charged on all orders.

What about customs?

muirsheen wrote: »
    What about customs?

Only over €150 (this isn't changing, it's always been the case)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭branners69

Is it just me or is the VAT not being taken off anymore?

I was hoping for a few sneaky last minute orders!!

Is it a case of buying an item and getting the VAT back later?

branners69 wrote: »

Still being taken off for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,104 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

branners69 wrote: »

Third party sellers don't take it off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭branners69

Caranica wrote: »
    Third party sellers don't take it off

That must be it thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

Only over €150 (this isn't changing, it's always been the case)

Confused here, what are customs having a problem with? Surely if we are paying the 23% vat, what's the ****ing issue so to speak.

I think its actually great that people are starting question why it is we are paying tax after tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,487 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

TallGlass2 wrote: »
    Confused here, what are customs having a problem with? Surely if we are paying the 23% vat, what's the ****ing issue so to speak.

I think its actually great that people are starting question why it is we are paying tax after tax.

Anything outside the EU attracts duty etc along with VAT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

TallGlass2 wrote: »

Confused about what exactly? Customs is due on imports over a certain value from outside the EU. The UK has left the EU. If you don't want to pay customs buy from the EU sites.

Advertisement