Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video Doorbell

• 11-02-2021 6:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for some advice/opinions on a video doorbell

Is it possible to turn off motion detection on them and i also need one that doesnt have a subscription

I want someone to press the bell and me get a notification on the phone and be able to talk back.

I wont need playback or motion detection.

Thanks in advance for replies

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Bazzy wrote: »
    I want someone to press the bell and me get a notification on the phone and be able to talk back.

I wont need playback or motion detection.

Do you want just audio only?

Most video doorbells will work with what you want without a subscription. You can turn off motion alerts etc as you please.

Budget, and battery or wired are things to consider. Also if you have any existing smart home systems you want to integrate as some brands work better with others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭Daveq

Eufy Doorbell can do this. Well the one with the homebase anyway, not sure about others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Just to suggest, being able to play back footage has been really helpful to me a few times in the last year or two.

There was one occasion where a delivery company insisted that 3 items had come off their truck and been left at the door but I could prove only 2 had. This left the courier company holding the bag and eventually the items turned up. It was only when I produced the photo from the camera that they took any responsibility at all.

Another time I was trying to track a delivery and the camera helpfully reminded me that I had spoken to the delivery person (while juggling a few other things) and asked them to put it in the green bin. Luckily this all took place before the green bin was collected so I got away with the mistake.

Great feature, 10/10 would recommend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

If you don't want subscription you could get the likes of a CCTV cam that takes micro SD or look up likes of blink cameras... These send you a clip of the motion when you have them armed.
    No fees

Advertisement