Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommended brand of thermal gloves available online

• 11-02-2021 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hello all, I am looking for a recommendation on thermal gloves that are both warm and weather proof for days like these that I could buy online please

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Lolamontez wrote: »
    Hello all, I am looking for a recommendation on thermal gloves that are both warm and weather proof for days like these that I could buy online please

Lidl do have selection of nice ones if that's any use.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Lolamontez

Jb1989 wrote: »
    Lidl do have selection of nice ones if that's any use.

Thanks JB, for that recommendation of Lidl. I'm looking for XL or 2XL tho for my Dad who has very big hands from the farm work all his life. The thermals in Dunnes with the velcro across the wrist fit but they soak up. I was going to try a Marine Website like CH Marine but said I'd ask here first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Thanks JB, for that recommendation of Lidl. I'm looking for XL or 2XL tho for my Dad who has very big hands from the farm work all his life. The thermals in Dunnes with the velcro across the wrist fit but they soak up. I was going to try a Marine Website like CH Marine but said I'd ask here first.

Safety Direct have a big selection of gloves. Reasonably quick delivery from Ireland aswell

Bullocks wrote: »
    Safety Direct have a big selection of gloves. Reasonably quick delivery from Ireland aswell

Nice one, thanks a mill, il check them out

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭pms7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,126 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Some of the thermal and water proof gloves can be very bulky. You can get cotton liners for gloves this improves thermal properties of gloves. However cotton liners go out of shape and get wet very easy if you have to take off the gloves.

What I do is get those really light tight work gloves and put them on inside any larger glove you use. This really helps in really cold weather or if you are using bulky gloves that have poor heat retention

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭C0N0R

https://clickandcollect.farmlands.co.nz/nz/en/products/apparel_and_grocery/protective_equipment/lynn-river-showa-glove-495-freezer-cold-resistant.html#1024289-Blue-SM

These are incredible, they have a cotton liner and then the main glove, used to use them in the depths of winter in New Zealand and through snow rain etc never had cold hands, and I'm quite soft when it comes to hands!can grab electric fences with them too which is always a plus!

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭1373

Easy to get warm gloves but seems impossible to get warm gloves that don’t have the lining come out with your fingers after a few ware’s which are then impossible to refit

1373 wrote: »
    Easy to get warm gloves but seems impossible to get warm gloves that don’t have the lining come out with your fingers after a few ware’s which are then impossible to refit

That is very true really frustrating and uncomfortable when they don't fit snug, my Dad has really poor circulation in his hands so I have been looking for ages to get a good glove and said nothing better than word of mouth.

C0N0R wrote: »
    https://clickandcollect.farmlands.co.nz/nz/en/products/apparel_and_grocery/protective_equipment/lynn-river-showa-glove-495-freezer-cold-resistant.html#1024289-Blue-SM

These are incredible, they have a cotton liner and then the main glove, used to use them in the depths of winter in New Zealand and through snow rain etc never had cold hands, and I'm quite soft when it comes to hands!can grab electric fences with them too which is always a plus!

Thanks very much Conor, I gave a look at that website but they don't seem to ship internationally, I could be wrong so il have a quick check again of that.

• Advertisement

Some of the thermal and water proof gloves can be very bulky. You can get cotton liners for gloves this improves thermal properties of gloves. However cotton liners go out of shape and get wet very easy if you have to take off the gloves.

What I do is get those really light tight work gloves and put them on inside any larger glove you use. This really helps in really cold weather or if you are using bulky gloves that have poor heat retention

Thanks very much for that tip, liners can be great when new but as you say they can get out of shape.

pms7 wrote: »

They are the job thanks a mill for that link, I have never seen that company before online. Fair play (thumbs up)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,380 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Thanks very much Conor, I gave a look at that website but they don't seem to ship internationally, I could be wrong so il have a quick check again of that.
    I have a pair of Guy Cotton thermal marine gloves that I got from my son who is a marine biologist. They are similar to these -
    https://www.chmarine.com/guy-cotten-thermal-bn30-blue-gloves/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Base price wrote: »
    I have a pair of Guy Cotton thermal marine gloves that I got from my son who is a marine biologist. They are similar to these -
    https://www.chmarine.com/guy-cotten-thermal-bn30-blue-gloves/

They do look similar, have they removable inners? Great price too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,380 ✭✭✭✭Base price

C0N0R wrote: »
    They do look similar, have they removable inners? Great price too
    No, the liner is part of the glove.

Advertisement