If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Suggestion 43 Inch

Options
  • 11-02-2021 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭

Hi Kenny and team

Looking to update the in laws tv, which is a 10 year old 37 inch panasonic.

Want to keep a similar footprint which would probably equate to 43 inch in today's screen sizes.

Open to any brand and budget of €500. Not looking for high spec but a good performer.

I presume all are smart? Ideally Would need netflix and Amazon prime built in.

Thanks!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Techno,

Long time no chat ;)

40/43" sets are really quite scarce on the ground at the moment including one of the best, the Panasonic TX40HX800 which is just over the top of you budget at 599€ so let's eliminate it anyway ( although it is a cracker!)

Next up the Samsung UE43TU8500, this is a super TV, we are expecting them back into stock in the next couple of days and they just scrape into your budget at 499€
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204595-samsung-ue43tu8500-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-with-apple-tv-app-freesat-hd.aspx

However one of my favourite 43" is the LG 43TU73006 which is now just 399€, includes magic remote and a satellite tuner, and the pic is really excellent for a reasonably priced TV:
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204696-lg-43un73006lc-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-hd-freesat-hd.aspx

Hope that's helpful, but as ever keep us posted if we can ever assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Thanks John. I'm never too far away, always lurking!

The Panny is probably too pricey for the usage.the lg would be the better option given the viewing angles I think.

I will take it to the in laws and get back to you.

Thanks!

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Thanks John. I'm never too far away, always lurking!

The Panny is probably too pricey for the usage.the lg would be the better option given the viewing angles I think.

I will take it to the in laws and get back to you.

Thanks!
    No problem TechnoFreek,

Keep us posted!

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.