Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog walks

Options
  • 11-02-2021 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi folks,

Can I ask if anyone may know of safe, enclosed areas to walk a very boisterous and hyper dog in North Kerry at all? My dog has very poor recall, so the area would need to be fenced in. Are there any dog parks or am I 'barking up the wrong tree altogether' (sorry, couldn't resist!!)

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Rubenski wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Can I ask if anyone may know of safe, enclosed areas to walk a very boisterous and hyper dog in North Kerry at all? My dog has very poor recall, so the area would need to be fenced in. Are there any dog parks or am I 'barking up the wrong tree altogether' (sorry, couldn't resist!!)

Thanks in advance :)

Can you give people an idea of where in Kerry you are based so they can advise somewhere near to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Rubenski

Hi, thanks for your reply. I'm just outside Tralee but am happy to travel (once the restrictions lift, of course)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

I dont know of any areas to let your dog off for a run but we have a rescue German Shepherd who is reactive to other dogs, big and boisterous and wouldn't be 100% with the recall so we bought a horse lead for him. Gives him enough room for a good gallop but we still have him on a lead. Ours is similar to this one. It might suit you? Could take the dog anywhere and not worry about him taking off and burn off that excess energy. We also have a harness so that lead isnt connected to a collar round his neck pulling on him.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rhinegold-Padded-Lead/dp/B07MCDPZCT/ref=mp_s_a_1_8?_encoding=UTF8&c=ts&dchild=1&keywords=Equestrian+Lead+Ropes&qid=1613769272&s=pet-supplies&sr=1-8&ts_id=4551378031

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Rubenski

Hi Dobman88, thank you so much for this idea. I will certainly order a similar lead. I'm sure my doggie will enjoy the freedom of having that extra space to run around and I know I'll enjoy him burning off all that crazy energy.

Advertisement