Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limit order buy before market opens?

Options
  • 11-02-2021 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Hi all,

New to this game and have a question about limit orders.

So here is the scenario....I use 212 for trading and webull for the technical analysis especially for the pre market movers.

So previous day close stock X was at $5, good news about that stock happens during the night and on webull the pre market price for stock X has gone up to 7 and will continue to rise a lot more after opening.

Here is my question? Can I make a limit order before market opens for stock X at $5.05 and that order will go through and filled for 5.05 even though at opening the stock goes shooting up to 7 and beyond?

In others words can I buy the stock just a few cents above the previous close price even though it has risen a lot during opening?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

Unfortunately not! The premarket cost will be the opening cost. Even if there is no premarket, the price will jump up or down depending on the value of and amount of orders. But maybe someone more experienced could correct me on this.

Advertisement