Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric shower with low hot water pressure

Options
  • 11-02-2021 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

I have a Triton T90xr with low hot water pressure and normal cold water pressure. I performed that 6 sec test and only got 300ml of water from the shower and I read somewhere that sometimes the root cause can be the solenoid coil. Can the solenoid coil replacement be enough to solve the problem or there's something else causing the problem since the cold water pressure is normal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,107 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

It's definitely not the solenoid. Solenoid issues are:water keeps running after shower is powered off, water won't run when showers is powered on or water shuts off mid shower

The heating can has 2 elements. It sounds like only 1 element is working. It could be a dead element or a faulty micro switch. The shower is between 10 and 14 years old. Average life span is 10 years. It might be worth spending on a new micro switch but definitely not worth investing the guts of 100 euro on a new heating can

• Registered Users Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

The above sounds like it could be right. It's a heating issue almost certainly. I have a t90 about 5 years or more. I notice the pressure is always lower in the winter and logic tells me that the water temperature flowing through the heating element has to be raised a few more degrees in colder weather which results in lower output volume.

You could always try replacing the shower head. Limescale can build up in the jets and cause a big loss in pressure exacerbated by the heating problem. This works well for me.

Also where is the feed tank? Attic? What is the ambient temperature there? If the feed water is very cold, the water takes longer to heat and once again...low pressure. The heating element could be fine.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭John.G

Tomylo wrote: »
    Hi,

I have a Triton T90xr with low hot water pressure and normal cold water pressure. I performed that 6 sec test and only got 300ml of water from the shower and I read somewhere that sometimes the root cause can be the solenoid coil. Can the solenoid coil replacement be enough to solve the problem or there's something else causing the problem since the cold water pressure is normal?

Turn the temperature control to fully cold and measure the flowrate, should be ~ 800ml in 6 secs.

Advertisement