Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Build: Water not heating after radiator bleeding

• 11-02-2021 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭

We are in a new build and decided to bleed the radiators for the first time as there was uneven heating. We bled them then re-pressurise the system and they were working great! We noticed the pressure was fluctuating a bit so bled and re-pressurised again.

However, now we can't seem to heat water. When I turn on the water heater via the climote, the boiler activates and I can see the temperature rise on it but we aren't getting any hot water. The two events could be completely unrelated but given the timing, seems unlikely.

The boiler we have is a Glow Worm energy 25s and its pressure is at 1.5bar. I've attached a picture of what mode it is currently on.

We have an appointment for its annual service but they can't get here any sooner than Monday and would rather not have cold showers over the weekend. Any help/pointers would be most useful.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Post a picture of your coper cylinder, the coil in it probably needs bleeding too. Strange to have so much air in a system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭John.G

Is the boiler activating in hot water mode?
    Assuming the cylinder has a motorized valve, check that it is opening and that the cylinder stat is set 50C/60C, you may also find a (balancing) gate valve with a red handwheel on the cylinder coil return, shut this, then reopen it fully ~ 4 full turns, re close it fully then re open it one full turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭fungie

I've attached pics of the cylinder

John.G wrote: »
    Assuming the cylinder has a motorized valve, check that it is opening and that the cylinder stat is set 50C/60C, you may also find a (balancing) gate valve with a red handwheel on the cylinder coil return, shut this, then reopen it fully ~ 4 full turns, re close it fully then re open it one full turn.

Yes I believe the boiler is activating in hot water mode as the tap symbol is shown in the pic attached to my first post.

Where would the motorised valve be located on the cylinder? The cylinder stat is set to 60/65C. There is a balancing I believe, should I try that after checking motorised valve?

John.G wrote: »

Your suggestion worked, back in business. Thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement