Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Android phone

• 11-02-2021 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

My android phone broke and it won’t turn on and I have pictures of my late mother on the phone I was told there was a way of getting the pictures off the phone ,would anyone be able to tell me how I could do it please I have a laptop

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Ladyinthedark

sugarman wrote: »
    Does it have an SD card?

Otherwise it will need to be able to power on.

Your photos might be backed up to your google account, worth checking first.

No sd card and not backed up but I was told it could be done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Does it power up at all when you turn it on? Try plugging the USB power cable from the phone in to your computer to see if it recognises the phone as a storage device.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 459 ✭✭Dublinandy3

Does it power up at all when you turn it on? Try plugging the USB power cable from the phone in to your computer to see if it recognises the phone as a storage device.

This is probably your best chance, unless the person who told you that it could be done could also tell you how.

The phone needs to turn on, once turned on you don’t need the creek or buttons if you can connect to another device such as computer or laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Ladyinthedark

I will try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 brunkonjaa

Unless usb debugging is turned on, no joy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement