Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New laptop or new battery?

Options
  • 11-02-2021 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

Hi

Dad's Lenovo laptop battery is about to give up. He was thinking of getting a new battery online. Is it worth it or would he be better off with a new laptop entirely.

He uses it for Word/Excel processing and general surfing the web.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭niallb

If he likes the laptop just get a battery.
    Well under €100 and no messing around setting up a new machine the way he's used to.

If there are other problems besides the battery it might be a good opportunity for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Warbeastrior

Its a Lenovo G50-70

Would Amazon be ok for a new battery? Ive never bought a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Its a Lenovo G50-70

Would Amazon be ok for a new battery? Ive never bought a new one.

If he doesn't need the laptop to be mobile, he can just use it plugged into it's power brick The laptop I use on my coffee table has a dead battery, but it never moves and leaving it plugged into the power brick is no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭niallb

Amazon is just access to lots of sellers - most of them good, but the chance of a bad one so take care.
    I've bought three batteries over the last couple of years online and been happy with the price and delivery.
    THat's my only connection to the place, but I can't just post a link on the thread here from past experience!
    I'll message you the link if you want me to.

I just took a look at the site I used - they don't have any batteries for the laptop model you need.
    Amazon is fine - just make sure they'll ship to Ireland and that they have plenty of good feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

niallb wrote: »
    If he likes the laptop just get a battery.
    Well under €100 and no messing around setting up a new machine the way he's used to.

If there are other problems besides the battery it might be a good opportunity for a change.

I'd second this approach, we need to know more also.

What type of hardware is it running, mainly around RAM/HD/SSD?

Is he happy with or are there other complaints?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Hi

Dad's Lenovo laptop battery is about to give up. He was thinking of getting a new battery online. Is it worth it or would he be better off with a new laptop entirely.

He uses it for Word/Excel processing and general surfing the web.

Thanks

Found www.laptopbatteries.ie to be very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Warbeastrior

Thanks for replies folks.
    He's happy with the performance and just wants a battery that allows him to move it off charge.

Advertisement