Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dermot Gallagher

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Skid X wrote: »
    I don't know if anything is true after hearing Dermot Gallagher's real accent.

Has to be heard to be believed

This is allegedly the same man on Ref Watch

https://punditarena.com/football/daniel-hussey/dermot-gallagher-ireland/

It's nuts, saw the video yesterday and couldn't get over it. Knew he had Irish roots but didn't know he was a Dub. I'd often see him on the ref watch bit he does on SSN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Ha, was absolutely certain he was English. That's unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,475 ✭✭✭secman

He's ftom Ringsend isn't he ? Can't get anymore Irish than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Seen him at many at Irish match.

Sound out. Nice fella to chat to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

That seems mad. There's no Irish accent when he is on SSN

I've heard him on Second Captains with an English accent

Makes zero sense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

He was in the crowd behind the goal where Robbie Brady scored the header against Italy. All the Irish fans were getting selfies before the game with him. I never realised or at least never thought about it before that day. The accent change is mad though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Some people do it, I know a lad speaks with an Irish accent, he came over from England when he was 12 I'd say. But when he talks to his family in particular his father he speaks with an English accent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭dobman88

Some people do it, I know a lad speaks with an Irish accent, he came over from England when he was 12 I'd say. But when he talks to his family in particular his father he speaks with an English accent.

Dermot isnt doing it by choice though. He explains in the interview above that he was asked to do it by Sky because apparently people found it hard to understand him so he was asked/coached to speak differently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

secman wrote: »
    He's ftom Ringsend isn't he ? Can't get anymore Irish than that.

Yeah, apparently so

https://twitter.com/irish_pics/status/1359946936888020993

Also

https://twitter.com/YouBoysInGreen/status/1359929307997630465

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭fyfe79

dobman88 wrote: »
    Dermot isnt doing it by choice though. He explains in the interview above that he was asked to do it by Sky because apparently people found it hard to understand him so he was asked/coached to speak differently

Can you imagine the ruckas if he was from, say, Jamaica and asked by Sky to 'English up' his accent?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,968 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Solid Redsman too. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

6 days late to the party.
    2021 has peaked!!!

Advertisement