Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alcatel Problem

Options
  • 11-02-2021 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭

I'm a novice when it comes to phones etc. My current mobile phone i bought in 2014, before that was even further back. I basically just use phones for making and receiving calls, don't care about anything else, features etc.

My current phone is the Alcatel OneTouch, this one here:

https://alcatelonetouchshopping.com/en/feature-phones/475-alcatel-one-touch-1013.html

Battery has started giving me problems, so was about to buy another when my 80 year old mother informed me that she got a phone for her birthday several years back and never used it as like myself was only interested in the basics. She did tell me her grandaughter inserted a new Tesco SIM into it, other than that its never been used.

This phone is an Alcatel 2008G.

I assumed it was just a matter of inserting my SIM card into that phone and away i go. I want to keep my cuurent number. When I turned the phone on it asked for my SIM password, which i inserted and was accepted, but then it asked for a password, my OneTouch never asks for a password. The password is 8 digits, so i entered my PUK code seeing as that is 8 digits but this was incorrect, after the 3 attempts fail, the phones starts but displays incorrect SIM.

Anyone knowledgeable know what im doing wrong?

Thanks.

Comments

Advertisement