Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning 5g phone to Eir

Options
  • 12-02-2021 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Hi,

I ordered a 5g phone from Eir last weekend and it arrived during the week. I want to return it as I'm living in Dublin City and yet can't get a reliable 5G signal. In fact, even the 4G signal isn't great as I've seen the phone switch to 3G/Edge on a couple of occasions. There seem to be holes in their 5G coverage all over the city despite all the advertising about their wonderful 5G network.

I'm still within my 14 day cooling-off period but I don't know if it still applies given that I opened the box and used the phone. On the other hand, I had to use the phone to see what the quality of the 5G service would be like.

Any advice appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

There should be no issue returning the phone as you are still within your 14 day cooling off period. Make sure everything is back in the box and contact Eir to arrange collection or go to the shop where you bought it from.

I have being hearing that 5g is still a bit hit and miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭magoo84

There should be no issue returning the phone as you are still within your 14 day cooling off period. Make sure everything is back in the box and contact Eir to arrange collection or go to the shop where you bought it from.

I have being hearing that 5g is still a bit hit and miss.

Yeah definitely, part of me thinks I should try and resolve it with Eir, but another part of me wonders if I need the hassle? They're sending out a jiffy bag to me to return the phone, but the horror stories about trying to return things to Eir and get your money back don't make for pleasant reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

magoo84 wrote: »
    Yeah definitely, part of me thinks I should try and resolve it with Eir, but another part of me wonders if I need the hassle? They're sending out a jiffy bag to me to return the phone, but the horror stories about trying to return things to Eir and get your money back don't make for pleasant reading.

Does the jiffy bag come with a tracked returns label?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭magoo84

Does the jiffy bag come with a tracked returns label?

I believe so. I'll be sending it registered otherwise.

Advertisement