Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are 'anti racist' NGO's so racist to the Irish? *Threadbanned user list in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,014 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Invidious wrote: »
    You're claiming with a straight face that 20 to 40 percent of Boards posters are the far right. That has to be the craziest thing I've read on here in a long time.

Now if he'd have said 20 to 40% of this forum, he'd have had a point.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

You're claiming with a straight face that 20 to 40 percent of Boards posters are the far right. That has to be the craziest thing I've read on here in a long time.

Remind me, what percentage of votes did Peter Casey get in the Boards presidental poll?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

So your entirely logical conclusion is that burning of the hotels is unlikely to be connected to those who were opposing the DP centres?

No my conclusion is that the claim that it was the far right has nothing to back it up. Could've been anti-fa as some other poster suggested, could've been disgruntled locals, could've been part of a local dispute removed from anything to do with asylum seekers. The point is, we don't know. So it cannot be claimed that it was the far right as there is no evidence that it was.

Remind me, what percentage of votes did Peter Casey get in the Boards presidental poll?

Peter Casey isn't 'far-right'. No wonder you think the far right are everywhere when you think Peter bleeding Casey is far-right.

Now if he'd have said 20 to 40% of this forum, he'd have had a point.

No he wouldn't. More baseless claims.

• Advertisement

No my conclusion is that the claim that it was the far right has nothing to back it up. Could've been anti-fa as some other poster suggested, could've been disgruntled locals, could've been part of a local dispute removed from anything to do with asylum seekers. The point is, we don't know. So it cannot be claimed that it was the far right as there is no evidence that it was.

Sure, yeah, it could have been spontaneous combustion resulting from a magnifying glass left in the wrong place too. Let's work really hard to come up with strange, unrealistic theories to distract attention from the most obvious probability.

Peter Casey isn't 'far-right'. No wonder you think the far right are everywhere when you think Peter bleeding Casey is far-right.

Take it up with the Irish Times
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/election-2020-far-right-candidates-put-in-dismal-showing-1.4169078?mode=amp

Sure, yeah, it could have been spontaneous combustion resulting from a magnifying glass left in the wrong place too. Let's work really hard to come up with strange, unrealistic theories to distract attention from the most obvious probability n

No evidence. None. Deep down though, you'd love it to have been the far-right. And hey, maybe it was. You are a bit like those racist posters who, in your opinion (and shock without evidence), infest this forum, who are secretly delighted when a Muslim carries out a terrorist attack.

As I've said to you, you are one and the same.

Why would I take it up with them? Do you think he's far right or not?

Why would I take it up with them? Do you think he's far right or not?

Why do you think the Irish Times included him in an article titled ; "Election 2020: Far-right candidates put in dismal showing"?

• Advertisement

No evidence. None. Deep down though, you'd love it to have been the far-right. And hey, maybe it was. You are a bit like those racist posters who, in your opinion (and shock without evidence), infest this forum, who are secretly delighted when a Muslim carries out a terrorist attack.

As I've said to you, you are one and the same.

Is there a bit of projection going on here? I'm not secretly delighted about Muslim attacks or attacks on DP centres.

Why do you think the Irish Times included him in an article titled ; "Election 2020: Far-right candidates put in dismal showing"?

The IT is hardly an infallible God. It’s the in house paper of the Irish bourgeoisie with all those biases.

Lazy journalism. He's called mass immigration a 'ticking time bomb' so oh he must be far right. That's the kind of political analysis I'd expect of a boards poster, not a political correspondent. There is also only 4 lines about him in the whole article, an article that funnily enough positions just how utterly pathetic the 'far-right' are in Ireland.

Regardless, why do you think he's far right, or is it a case of the Irish Times said it so it must be true?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

What is the far right?

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RandRuns

Well they're wrong on two fronts then - not only is he not right wing, but he put in an excellent showing, coming second (despite the efforts of the IT), and secured almost a quarter of the votes cast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Invidious

Oh, the irony. Don't you see that posting headlines such as "Far-right candidates put in dismal showing" contradicts your claims that the far right has established some powerful foothold in Ireland? The very first sentence of that article refers to "the total failure of far-right or anti-immigration candidates to capture any respectable portion of the vote."

If so many people are on the far right as you believe, then we should have a host of TDs, councillors, etc., elected by the same far right. Instead, we have ... none whatsoever?

A National Party running on a mish-mash platform of nationalism, Euroskepticism, and traditionalist Catholicism captured just 0.2% of the vote. That means 99.8 percent of people didn't vote for them. And yet you see the far right around every corner.

The "Irish far right" is nothing more than a myth promoted as a scare tactic by those on the left. It's a exact parallel to the irrational fear of "reds under the bed" that gained widespread currency during the Cold War.

Oh, the irony. Don't you see that posting headlines such as "Far-right candidates put in dismal showing" contradicts your claims that the far right has established some powerful foothold in Ireland? .

Where exactly did I claim that the far right has established some powerful foothold in Ireland?

Though it is interesting to see the concerted "nothing to see here" responses...

Yes they are. One is an opinion piece and the other is something about4chan. Now can you tell us why you think he is far-right?

RandRuns wrote: »
    Well they're wrong on two fronts then - not only is he not right wing, but he put in an excellent showing, coming second (despite the efforts of the IT), and secured almost a quarter of the votes cast.

He's not right wing? You're hilarious.

The article was about the general election, where he bombed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Mr Meanor

Yes they are. One is an opinion piece and the other is something about4chan. Now can you tell us why you think he is far-right?
    Like the Cork mammy at the Army parade who decided that everyone was out of step except her Johnny.

Like the Cork mammy at the Army parade who decided that everyone was out of step except her Johnny.

What?

I'm guessing you can't tell us why you think he's far right. Have you even done any research on him? Is this another case of you liking/disliking someone based on how others react to them a la Ebun Joseph?

Yes. Because calling some one far right is a judgement, not a fact. Is being anti abortion far right? Was Ireland far right a few decades ago? If controlling the borders is far right then all European countries are now far right - in the covid era.

Mr Meanor wrote: »
    Those three would be the last resource i would look to for an honest political analysis.

What remains? Where would you go for honest political analysis?

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RandRuns

He's not right wing? You're hilarious.

The article was about the general election, where he bombed.

Just to try and get your claims straight, as they are all over the place, it appears your position, based on your posts is:

There is almost no far right in Ireland, because Peter Casey did badly in the General Election. But Peter Casey did well in the Presidential Election because 20-40% of Boards posters are far-right.

So could you just explain why all those far-right boards posters who rigged the Presidential Election results couldn't do the same in the General Election?

What?

I'm guessing you can't tell us why you think he's far right. Have you even done any research on him? Is this another case of you liking/disliking someone based on how others react to them a la Ebun Joseph?

When you're fumbling to explain how everyone else is wrong except you, it's a good time to step back and rethink for a minute. I'm not dragging this thread about NGOs any further off topic.

RandRuns wrote: »
    Just to try and get your claims straight, as they are all over the place, it appears your position, based on your posts is:

There is almost no far right in Ireland, because Peter Casey did badly in the General Election. But Peter Casey did well in the Presidential Election because 20-40% of Boards posters are far-right.

So could you just explain why all those far-right boards posters who rigged the Presidential Election results couldn't do the same in the General Election?

Why don't you go back and read my actual words. I'm not going to invest time in correcting your little fantasies.

Yes. Because calling some one far right is a judgement, not a fact. Is being anti abortion far right? Was Ireland far right a few decades ago? If controlling the borders is far right then all European countries are now far right - in the covid era.

So they all made their own judgements about Casey. Who are you to judge other people's judgement?

• Advertisement

When you're fumbling to explain how everyone else is wrong except you, it's a good time to step back and rethink for a minute. I'm not dragging this thread about NGOs any further off topic.

haha ok. More deflection. Par the course. And clearly I'm not the only one who rejects that he's far right. He came 2nd in a presidential election in a country that has consistently rejected far-right candidates. Yet you'd want us to believe that we would near vote for a far-righter to be our president. Maybe that makes sense to you but I'd suggest it's you who needs to have a rethink.

Advertisement