Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are 'anti racist' NGO's so racist to the Irish? *Threadbanned user list in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

mike_ie wrote: »
    Mod: @AndrewJRenko - feel free to provide a source for that claim.

Also, I'm reading through a page of bickering from you and people engaging with you. Any further continuation of this from either side will result in a threadban.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057921213/1/#post108386856

Sure, the 54% result for Peter Casey, described in several mainstream news outlets as far-right, in the Boards presidential poll for the last general election would be a fairly strong indicator, particularly as it came out at double his real world election result.

And yes, it would be great to get back to discussing NGOs here.

Why mess with something thats not broken?? We give HRI and GRI x amount and in return we receive many multiples of that in tax returns. Seems like an excellent ROI.

An even more excellent ROI would be to not subside sports with questionable animal rights records and let them provide excellent tax returns anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,169 ✭✭✭✭flazio

How did we get from incompatible cultures in Irish society to animal sports?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

An even more excellent ROI would be to not subside sports with questionable animal rights records and let them provide excellent tax returns anyway.

You are being disingenuous. You were asked why not cut the subsidies to the HRI and GRI instead of cutting the FA we give. The answer is we get more than we put into the GRI and HRI. It's now up to you to show what we receive out of our foreign aid budget, bearing in mind this discussion resulted over a poster being refused required medical treatment, resulting in them having to go private, and the point being made that if that money was spent in Ireland he would not have to have done that.

So, what is it that we get in return for our foreign aid that ok's it in your head for Irish people to miss out on required surgeries?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,330 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

The Diary wrote: »
    It's interesting how they call us far right. I guess straight out calling us 'racist' would be too strong and would make them look ridiculous.

Strange post for someone who only registered and posted 5 times :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

flazio wrote: »
    How did we get from incompatible cultures in Irish society to animal sports?

Some of our left leaning brethren tried to deflect by comparing money NGO's got to subsidies that bring in millions of tax euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Birneybau wrote: »
    Strange post for someone who only registered and posted 5 times :confused:
    Shur most of us here are re-regs, everyone has to start somewhere

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

It's a hierarchy of victim hood.

The Nazis believed in a similar hierarchy except in reverse. At the top of their pseudo scientific classification pyramid were white blonde blue eyed Aryans with blacks and Jews at the bottom.

In this new classication of victimhood creation by intersectionality straight white men are at the top and at the bottom are blind black Palestinian transgender disabled dwarfs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭Acosta

What?

I'm guessing you can't tell us why you think he's far right. Have you even done any research on him? Is this another case of you liking/disliking someone based on how others react to them a la Ebun Joseph?

I wouldn't say he's far right. Then again I tended to switch off the radio or TV whenever he popped up. From what I remember his big support came from speaking out against travellers. Right or wrong, it's clear what he said resonated with many people whether they vote left or right.

When it comes to people like Ebun Joseph and Hazel Chu the tendency from people on the far right on places like twitter is not simply to state reasons why they don't like these people. Instead they will use the most disgusting racist language possible to try to get their point across. And they giggle with each other and pat themselves on the back for it.
    And these are the people that bang on about NGO's more than anyone. As I said earlier in the thread, the far right want NGO's to go away and not have any funding, but they more than anyone else are insuring they won't be going anywhere by how they behave.

The far right are tiny(although they appear to have a large enough presence on Boards, which seems to increase whenever a new incident happens that can be exploited to race bait). With all the multiple accounts they probably have across different platforms on social media are probably even smaller in numbers than they seem. They're also very fractured and seem to hate each other nearly as much as black people and foreigners, hence the many different groups. That still doesn't mean they should be ignored. Especially when they are abusing and harassing people. I'm not surprised Hazel Chu was concerned when weirdos started protesting outside where she and her family live when you consider the bile that is sent her way online.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Acosta wrote: »
    I wouldn't say he's far right. Then again I tended to switch off the radio or TV whenever he popped up. From what I remember his big support came from speaking out against travellers. Right or wrong, it's clear what he said resonated with many people whether they vote left or right.

When it comes to people like Ebun Joseph and Hazel Chu the tendency from people on the far right on places like twitter is not simply to state reasons why they don't like these people. Instead they will use the most disgusting racist language possible to try to get their point across. And they giggle with each other and pat themselves on the back for it.
    And these are the people that bang on about NGO's more than anyone. As I said earlier in the thread, the far right want NGO's to go away and not have any funding, but they more than anyone else are insuring they won't be going anywhere by how they behave.

Isnt that just pretty much all of Twitter minus the racist part?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭Acosta

Isnt that just pretty much all of Twitter minus the racist part?

There's certainly a lot of it out there and twitter are very resistant to deal with users being abusive to others. Whether they're being racist or abusive in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,014 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057921213/1/#post108386856

Sure, the 54% result for Peter Casey, described in several mainstream news outlets as far-right, in the Boards presidential poll for the last general election would be a fairly strong indicator, particularly as it came out at double his real world election result.

And yes, it would be great to get back to discussing NGOs here.

Nicely done.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Remind me, what percentage of votes did Peter Casey get in the Boards presidental poll?

why would voting for Peter Casey make someone " far right " ?

Why do you think the Irish Times included him in an article titled ; "Election 2020: Far-right candidates put in dismal showing"?

because journalists ( and activists like Conor Gallagher ) like to slime people with labels sometimes

What is the far right?

someone who sometimes asks hard questions about sacred cows of the WOKE - PC left

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭fantaiscool

Indeed, lots of right wing posters here work really hard to deny the existence of the far right.

What was Baudelaire's maxim that “the devil’s best trick is to persuade you that he does not exist.”

They aren't fooling anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Indeed, lots of right wing posters here work really hard to deny the existence of the far right.

What was Baudelaire's maxim that “the devil’s best trick is to persuade you that he does not exist.”
    They aren't fooling anyone.

So theres lots of far right supporters but they aren't voting for far right parties in this country because they don't want to give away that they exist ? Is that it ?
    Doesn't seem like a very effective strategy.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭fantaiscool

You don't need to interpret my words. In fact, you're not interpreting my words. You are twisting my words and calling on me to justify your twists. I'm not going to play your game.

Seems to be a common tactic. Misinterpret what someone says and then ask a question based on that misinterpretation. It's a good way to derail conversations. The person then has to correct the person misinterpreting, who will then misinterpret that and so on..

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Marcos

WrenBoy wrote: »
    So theres lots of far right supporters but they aren't voting for far right parties in this country because they don't want to give away that they exist ? Is that it ?

4D chess innit?

When most of us say "social justice" we mean equality under the law opposition to prejudice, discrimination and equal opportunities for all. When Social Justice Activists say "social justice" they mean an emphasis on group identity over the rights of the individual, a rejection of social liberalism, and the assumption that unequal outcomes are always evidence of structural inequalities.

Andrew Doyle, The New Puritans.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Quoting Baudelaire doesn't make you correct, though it's interesting you went the religious angle as political and cultural "truths" are held in very much the same was as religuous faiths and both need a satan to internally reinforce their credos.

Is there a far right in Ireland? Yes. Does it have any political power? No, it does not. To claim otherwise would be utterly delusional. The eejits in the national party would be about the most prominent and you could have held their Ard Fheis in a suburban semi(and if I recall a couple of people walked out halfway through) and not one of them has any access to political power in this country. Zero mandate from the Irish people. The succesive governments the Irish people have voted in over the last generation have passed liberal laws and upheld liberal policies. Ireland is one of the most liberal nations on the planet. Where else might we find this "far right"? National media? Hardly, quite the opposite in fact. Results of referenda? Nope again. Far more Right On more than Far Right.

So outside of cranks on Twitter and Facebook comments, crank environments to start with, there is in fact bugger all "Far Right" as a movement in the Republic of Ireland.

It's almost entirely a boogeyman, reds under the bed, nazis everywhere. A useful boogeyman for some it seems as it's a handy one to trot out if anyone questions the "Accepted Truth". Shout "Far Right!!!" in the hope of avoiding answering such questions, because in most cases with true believers they haven't asked the questions themselves, or they have and realise their accepted Truth is built on feck all.

Now this stuff might work in the US where there is an actual right wing presence(many US liberals would find Ireland too liberal in many ways) and the country is very divided along cultural and political lines, but it doesn't fly in this country. Sorry. Try again.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Peter Casey isn't 'far-right'. No wonder you think the far right are everywhere when you think Peter bleeding Casey is far-right.

Vox in Spain are supposedly far right. I read their top 10 policies yesterday. All are excellent and the majority are common sense. The definition of far right ain't what it used to be

Vox in Spain are supposedly far right. I read their top 10 policies yesterday. All are excellent and the majority are common sense. The definition of far right ain't what it used to be

Or else you are actually far right, one or the other.

Wibbs wrote: »
    Quoting Baudelaire doesn't make you correct, though it's interesting you went the religious angle as political and cultural "truths" are held in very much the same was as religuous faiths and both need a satan to internally reinforce their credos.

Is there a far right in Ireland? Yes. Does it have any political power? No, it does not. To claim otherwise would be utterly delusional. The eejits in the national party would be about the most prominent and you could have held their Ard Fheis in a suburban semi(and if I recall a couple of people walked out halfway through) and not one of them has any access to political power in this country. Zero mandate from the Irish people. The succesive governments the Irish people have voted in over the last generation have passed liberal laws and upheld liberal policies. Ireland is one of the most liberal nations on the planet. Where else might we find this "far right"? National media? Hardly, quite the opposite in fact. Results of referenda? Nope again. Far more Right On more than Far Right.

So outside of cranks on Twitter and Facebook comments, crank environments to start with, there is in fact bugger all "Far Right" as a movement in the Republic of Ireland.

It's almost entirely a boogeyman, reds under the bed, nazis everywhere. A useful boogeyman for some it seems as it's a handy one to trot out if anyone questions the "Accepted Truth". Shout "Far Right!!!" in the hope of avoiding answering such questions, because in most cases with true believers they haven't asked the questions themselves, or they have and realise their accepted Truth is built on feck all.

Now this stuff might work in the US where there is an actual right wing presence(many US liberals would find Ireland too liberal in many ways) and the country is very divided along cultural and political lines, but it doesn't fly in this country. Sorry. Try again.

You might want to try again yourself on what I actually said about the strength of the far right.

WrenBoy wrote: »

Or maybe they aren't voting for far right parties because they don't run candidates in every constituency, and the candidates they do run are, let me be charitable here, not the best.

Or else maybe it's just two lads on boards running multiple accounts?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,121 ✭✭✭✭elperello

When one finds oneself attracted to the policies of a political party it's only sensible to do some due diligence.

I like to know who the people are that are proposing these seductive policies.

What have they done and said in the past, who is in the background, that kind of thing.

Political definitions may change over time but leopards don't change their spots.

You might want to try again yourself on what I actually said about the strength of the far right.

You said Peter Casey is far-right and he received near 1 in 4 votes in the presidential election. That would make the far-right quite sizable.

So which is it, the far-right are quite sizeable or your assumption about PC being far-right is incorrect?

You said Peter Casey is far-right and he received near 1 in 4 votes in the presidential election. That would make the far-right quite sizable.

So which is it, the far-right are quite sizeable or your assumption about PC being far-right is incorrect?

Or else your assumption that everyone who votes for a far right candidate in a non general election is far right is incorrect?

Or else your assumption that everyone who votes for a far right candidate in a non general election is far right is incorrect?

Again answering a question with a question :rolleyes:

There were candidates with broad range of views. Sean Gallagher would've appealed to people who drift towards the right but who who wouldn't vote for a far-right candidate. Or is Mr. Gallagfher also far-right in your view? He came a distant third. Joan Freeman would also be considered on the right. Far-right aswell?

Where you assuming that everyone who voted for Peter Casey in the Boards poll was far right?

Again answering a question with a question :rolleyes:

There were candidates with broad range of views. Sean Gallagher would've appealed to people who drift towards the right but who who wouldn't vote for a far-right candidate. Or is Mr. Gallagfher also far-right in your view? He came a distant third. Joan Freeman would also be considered on the right. Far-right aswell?

Where you assuming that everyone who voted for Peter Casey in the Boards poll was far right?

Now you want to talk about Sean "brown envelope" Gallagher? I think we're far enough off topic here. Let me know if you want to get back to talking about NGOs.

• Advertisement

Now you want to talk about Sean "brown envelope" Gallagher? I think we're far enough off topic here. Let me know if you want to get back to talking about NGOs.

Listen, we both know you've been talking out of your arse all day, and are so desperate to get 'back on topic' because you are being shown up for posting absolute scutter. You are claiming on one hand that Peter Casey is far right (he isn't) because the Irish times says so (you refused repeatedly to explain to us why you think he is), are then claiming that you don't believe the far-right have a large presence in Ireland (even though you never shut up about them, and believe that a far-right candidate, the aforementioned Peter Casey, got near 1 in 4 votes to be our president i.e. the actual head of our country), then attempt to talk it away as not everyone who would've voted for a far right candidate is far-right, yet you used this exact reasoning to label up to 40% of boards.ie posters (not even just CA posters but the entire site) as far-right.

Is it any wonder you want to get back talking about NGO's!

Advertisement