Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are 'anti racist' NGO's so racist to the Irish? *Threadbanned user list in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

TomTomTim wrote: »
    Complains about racism, yet is moaning about the demographic posting about the topic. SELF AWARENESS LEVEL -100

Ah sure I should know better than to question the Status Quo around here.

As soon as one does, this is what you get back, applauded and cheered as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

When, historically, in Ireland, were black people discriminated against, or disadvantaged??

Paul McGrath and Phil Lynott - the two most hated black people in irish history :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

bfa1509 wrote: »
    Paul McGrath and Phil Lynott - the two most hated black people in irish history :p
    I spent half my life battling to be Irish' - soccer star Paul McGrath

https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/tv-news/i-spent-half-my-life-battling-to-be-irish-soccer-star-paul-mcgrath-39565041.html

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I've mentioned it before. According to his friend Jim Fitzpatrick, Phil was only racially abused twice ever, both times by drunks.
    https://www.irishpost.com/news/friend-of-phil-lynott-recalls-time-the-musician-sorted-a-racist-with-a-clout-after-abuse-in-dublin-186454

• Registered Users Posts: 10,330 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

biko wrote: »
    I've mentioned it before. According to his friend Jim Fitzpatrick, Phil was only racially abused twice ever, both times by drunks.
    https://www.irishpost.com/news/friend-of-phil-lynott-recalls-time-the-musician-sorted-a-racist-with-a-clout-after-abuse-in-dublin-186454

I'm sure nothing was said to him in school in Crumlin. And that's not a dig, I'm from Crumlin.

• Advertisement

biko wrote: »

That article doesn't say Phil Lynott was "only racially abused twice" .
    It says Jim Fitzpatrick only witnessed Phil be racially abused twice.
    In fact the article hints that it was quite common.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Mr Meanor

That article doesn't say Phil Lynott was "only racially abused twice" .
    It says Jim Fitzpatrick only witnessed Phil be racially abused twice.
    In fact the article hints that it was quite common.

Probably still less compared to what the average 'Ginger' lad and lass had to put up with.

Mr Meanor wrote: »
    Probably still less compared to what the average 'Ginger' lad and lass had to put up with.

What is your point that because some people might have abused people with red hair so racism is OK, or doesn't exist or what?

What is your point that because some people might have abused people with red hair so racism is OK, or doesn't exist or what?

His point is if the person being abused is white it's called "havin the craic" but if the person is black then it's racism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Mr Meanor wrote: »

With the obvious money that's in it, wonder could we start a NGO for gingers? What's another NGO with the almost 20,000 that already exist in this tiny country .....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,080 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

His point is if the person being abused is white it's called "havin the craic" but if the person is black then it's racism.

Yes because the black person is deliberately targeted because of their skin colour. That is racism.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Yes because the black person is deliberately targeted because of their skin colour. That is racism.

So any time a black person is the target of anything - a robbery, having to wait in line for a social house, getting into a fight outside a nightclub: it's because he's black and it's driven by racism? Please..

I didn't call it having the craic.
    So where does that leave racism?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,115 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Kivaro wrote: »
    With the obvious money that's in it, wonder could we start a NGO for gingers? What's another NGO with the almost 20,000 that already exist in this tiny country .....

Sure, give it a lash. Apparently, they'll just be throwing money at you to do nothing - so give it a lash and report back on how easy you find things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

Are you going to provide any evidence for your claim that the far-right firebombed a hotel?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Are you going to provide any evidence for your claim that the far-right firebombed a hotel?

He made claims about posters inciting violence against children a few months back on a immigration thread. There was zero proof of this, and he never once backed up his claims. I asked him to several times, as I thought it was pretty disgusting that a mod could freely slander posters, but I was eventually told to leave it by other mods.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

You're not still playing the "Gemma O" false flag attack card, are you? Some bang of desperation off that...

You're not still playing the "Gemma O" false flag attack card, are you? Some bang of desperation off that...

When did I ever play that card in the first place? Point it out to me please.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

Kivaro wrote: »

Go for it.

I posted in another thread that I am going to get in on this grift as well.

I'm going to go get a PhD. My thesis will be on the study of the Ham and Cheese Toasted Sandwich in Society. The hypothesis is that because they are primarily made on white bread, it perpetuates White Supremacy. And the fact that they are toasted brown signifies white people are extremely comfortable with cultural appropriation. Or have deep-rooted, unconscious biases.

• Advertisement

When did I ever play that card in the first place? Point it out to me please.

Sure; remember your "Could've been anti-fa" claim?

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RandRuns

Go for it.

I posted in another thread that I am going to get in on this grift as well.

I'm going to go get a PhD. My thesis will be on the study of the Ham and Cheese Toasted Sandwich in Society. The hypothesis is that because they are primarily made on white bread, it perpetuates White Supremacy. And the fact that they are toasted brown signifies white people are extremely comfortable with cultural appropriation. Or have deep-rooted, unconscious biases.

You also have to explore the whole link between cheese and milk, as the alt-right uses milk to promote white supremacy and of course you need to make sure none of the ingredients are organic, because racists like organic food......

haha oh dear. Nice try, must do better. As always, the point being made goes right over your head. The point being made there, since you need it spelled out for you, is that there is no evidence that it was any 'group' in particular. As such one cannot boldly claim that it was the far right as mere fact, as there is no evidence it was, only conjecture.

Here, in the interest of honesty, is the quote in full.
    No my conclusion is that the claim that it was the far right has nothing to back it up. Could've been anti-fa as some other poster suggested, could've been disgruntled locals, could've been part of a local dispute removed from anything to do with asylum seekers. The point is, we don't know. So it cannot be claimed that it was the far right as there is no evidence that it was.

Bolded is mine. I even explicitly stated the point being made here, and you still didn't get it!!

So, can you, or can't you, prove that it was the far-right, since you seem to think it was? I know backing up your claims isn't your forte, but there is always time for change, and it makes for a better discussion.

haha oh dear. Nice try, must do better. As always, the point being made goes right over your head. The point being made there, since you need it spelled out for you, is that there is no evidence that it was any 'group' in particular. As such one cannot boldly claim that it was the far right as mere fact, as there is no evidence it was, only conjecture.

Here, in the interest of honesty, is the quote in full.

Bolded is mine. I even explicitly stated the point being made here, and you still didn't get it!!

So, can you, or can't you, prove that it was the far-right, since you seem to think it was? I know backing up your claims isn't your forte, but there is always time for change, and it makes for a better discussion.

So it's a combo of the Gemma 'false flag' card AND the Trump 'both sides' card - you travel in fine company.

So it's a combo of the Gemma 'false flag' card AND the Trump 'both sides' card - you travel in fine company.

No, I'm on team 'back up your claims' and 'don't express your opinion as fact'. We should all note aswell, how yet another question has gone unanswered:
    So, can you, or can't you, prove that it was the far-right, since you seem to think it was?

I never said it was anti-fa, and I've no idea why you are talking of Trump. Let it go, Trump is no longer the POTUS.

Can you answer the above question? Can you even answer this one?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Can you go one thread without drawing comparisons to donald trump for any given topic you disagree with.

No, I'm on team 'back up your claims' and 'don't express your opinion as fact'. We should all note aswell, how yet another question has gone unanswered:

I never said it was anti-fa, and I've no idea why you are talking of Trump. Let it go, Trump is no longer the POTUS.

Why am I talking of Trump? Because you're using his tactic of, whenever the far-right are caught attacking, or as happened in Charlottesville, kills someone, he immediately tried to distract attention from what happened with his 'all sides' rhetoric, trying to persuade the easily led that 'all sides' are up to this same stuff, when that didn't actually happen at all.

Did you stridently call for evidence when the other poster suggested that anti-fa (sic) were responsible for burning out the hotels, or is it just suggestions that you don't actually like that need evidence?
    Can you go one thread without drawing comparisons to donald trump for any given topic you disagree with.

Funnily enough, you've mentioned Trump about 7 times more often here than I have - so on both an absolute basis and as a percentage of all your posts, you seem to be a little more obsessed than me. When it comes to your own particular bete noir of Sinn Fein, you've mentioned them on topics you disagree with 3 times for often that I've mentioned Trump.

So you might want to take thine stone out of thine own eye and get thine own act together before you telling others what to post?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Why am I talking of Trump? Because you're using his tactic of, whenever the far-right are caught attacking, or as happened in Charlottesville, kills someone, he immediately tried to distract attention from what happened with his 'all sides' rhetoric, trying to persuade the easily led that 'all sides' are up to this same stuff, when that didn't actually happen at all.

Did you stridently call for evidence when the other poster suggested that anti-fa (sic) were responsible for burning out the hotels, or is it just suggestions that you don't actually like that need evidence?

Funnily enough, you've mentioned Trump about 7 times more often here than I have - so on both an absolute basis and as a percentage of all your posts, you seem to be a little more obsessed than me. When it comes to your own particular bete noir of Sinn Fein, you've mentioned them on topics you disagree with 3 times for often that I've mentioned Trump.

So you might want to take thine stone out of thine own eye and get thine own act together before you telling others what to post?

With the exception of giving out about the nauseating repetition of flimsy trump comparisons, how many times exactly have I brought him up in this thread.

With the exception of giving out about the nauseating repetition of flimsy trump comparisons, how many times exactly have I brought him up in this thread.

I thought your concern was about him being mentioned on different threads when you said; "Can you go one thread without drawing comparisons to donald trump for any given topic you disagree with." [My bolding for emphasis]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RandRuns

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.”

– Bill Murray

Advertisement