Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are 'anti racist' NGO's so racist to the Irish? *Threadbanned user list in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

For someone who likes to use incidents to back up your points it's a shame all the facts of them are wrong.

When the transgenger lady got hit at the Dail had nothing to do with the National Party in fact was that simpleton Dolores Webster on the mike who has NOTHING to do with National party. Nothing. Ergo National Party didn't attack her in fact they weren't even there!

Nazi party links? Such as Justin attending a private speech in Germany some 20 something years ago? Well in that case do you say Roderic O Gorman has paedophile links considering he was photographed with Peter Tatchell and that was only 3 years ago so long as we are talking shelf life and consistency here. So do you go around speaking or Roderic's paedophile links?

Also the transgender activist her/his head injury was superficial. The one Peter O Loughlin got was not. Far more serious.

One one hand you want people to be attacked as you may disagree with them and on the other hand you condemn others for attacking others you do agree with.

Talk about being a double standard confused hypocrite!;)

Oh I thought you’d no idea who Justin Barrett was and never heard of him before? Absolute spoofer.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Howard Beale

FTA69 wrote: »
    Oh I thought you’d no idea who Justin Barrett was and never heard of him before? Absolute spoofer.

I was being ironic. Jeez thought that would have been obvious.

Irony:

noun
    the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.

Now can you explain why all your 'facts' are all wrong and why you think it's OK to attack people you disagree with?
    Which is incredibly bigoted. A bigot labeling others bigots? Never!
    Pot kettle and black eh!

The np lads aren't the sharpest tools in the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Esho

What are these NGOs ? Do you have any names of them?
    I know of MASI alright.

Had to Google Justin Barrett, Jesus wept.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,075 ✭✭✭timmyntc

Deflect deflect deflect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Esho wrote: »
    I know of MASI alright.

Immigrant council of Ireland
    INAR and their 200 million offshoots for every parish in the country

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭thegetawaycar

I know of MASI alright.

A few listed here to start
    https://www.flac.ie/publications/links/independentnongovernmentalorganisationsireland/

I know of MASI alright.

Irish network against racism
    United against racism
    MASI
    European network against racism
    NASC
    lecheile

etc etc etc. 10 a penny they are.

Don't know where the full video is but at a rally for abortion few year ago this woman introduced as being from the 'Irish network against racism' spews nothing but bile and racism against the Irish. We are 'racist' we are a 'racist' country and if the pure hatred and racism against the Irish wasn't enough she throws in a good bit of misandry to boot hating on all men screaming at them to 'know their place' etc.

We must be the only country in the World to invite in the absolute racist dregs of the World only for them to come here and spew bile against us on the main street in our capital. What's worse is these racist cretins are part of ahem 'anti racist' organisations. Gas. Never let it be said these people don't have a sense of irony. :rolleyes:

Incredible.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/health/video-men-should-know-their-place-in-abortion-debate-rally-told-30526016.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

What is it with progressive posters and a lack of impulse control? Quality of arguments is one thing, how you approach arguments in another. I'd say at least half of the posters who argue for progressive values are highly emotional in their approach. Written word is one of the easiest ways to not appear emotional, yet they can't manage it. When reading their words I can honestly visualize them behind a phone, a laptop, full of rage and anger. It seriously can't be good for their mental well being.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

When Covid is over and we're counting the financial cost, the government simply have to look at the NGO sector for the purpose of costcutting.

There are some absolute clown shows out there costing the taxpayer millions, many of which are doing the same "job" as other NGOs also creaming money out of our pockets.

https://gript.ie/a-closer-look-at-ngos-who-is-spending-your-taxes-and-what-are-they-achieving/

Some of the figures here are eye-watering.

What about this chap. Part of the BLM mob and united against Racism ie hate the Irish.

Here he is saying that African folk should have land, power, politicians basically everything and not one mention of actually working for it. Notice that. Not one utterance of actually WORKING for any of it!
    Then he goes onto say Irish people (you and me) are 'very very complicit' in slavery. News to me and also racism as it's racist and slanderous to the Irish such lies and falsehoods.

His anti Irish bile as usual during a weekday (not working) and as usual cheered on. Disdain, hatred and racism against the Irish cheered on the streets of Ireland. Strange days.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

The American journalist P.J O'Rourke years ago described communist USSR in the 80's as a country proud to have the biggest and strongest drill in the world. The biggest and best drill in the world's function was to drive down deeper towards the Earth's core to extract more metal in order to make the next biggest and strongest drill ever made and to continue that process.

There's something circular in how a lot of NGOs function that remind me of PJO'R's anecdote. The organisations are there to address problematic societal situations that fall within their brief which is right and proper. But when do they turn "the drill" towards something more tangible and meaningful? Something to build upon rather than continually driving down into victimhood and needing someone or something to blame.

My personal opinion is that a lot of NGOs aren't geared towards reaching a point where they can re-tool and start operating in a positive direction.
    Their drill only goes one direction with one main function- to make their drill bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭fantaiscool

Some amount of Justin Barrett muppets on this forum these days.

Plenty of very odd posts indeed.

Whatever about Justin Barrett, et al. There is certainly an NGO gravy train sloshing around this country.

Whatever about Justin Barrett, et al. There is certainly an NGO gravy train sloshing around this country.

None of them can debate the topic at hand so deflect deflect deflect.

They think its normal that billions and billions go to NGO's to debase the Irish and call them racist based on erm Nothing!

Meanwhile an angry "anti racist" young mob scream white bastards at terrified people in a barricaded shop in Blanchardstown and not a peep from them. In fact thats championed!

Its very telling how these people think any height of abuse aimed at Irish people is fine. It shows their utter utter contempt for the average Irish Joe.

To these "anti racist" NGO's the Irish are so far down the pecking order such contempt that any level of Abuse or racism aimed at them is not only accepted but encouraged as seen by the bile filled speakers they often have.

francois wrote: »
    Oh god here we go....again

The good thing about this forum is you can just look at who thanks posts before even bothering to read them. Saves plenty of time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

There is a school of thought in this country that you should come from abroad and be granted priority housing allocation, and if you decide the working life is not for you, you should be remunerated comfortably regardless.

DubInMeath wrote: »
    The np lads aren't the sharpest tools in the box.

lol you have to give them credit for the effort they put in to all this.

lol you have to give them credit for the effort they put in to all this.

Nothing else in their lives

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭gw80

francois wrote: »
    Oh god here we go....again
    And what exactly does that tell you.

If there's one historically proven method in dealing with the far right, it's ignoring them and hoping they go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Shakey_jake

Cant wait till all these 20 something lefties have mortgages and bill to pay

They'll never work a day in their lives for an honest wage

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

On the NGO Salaries, theyll have a managable mortgage and a holiday home.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Do we have a right and far right wing in Ireland? Yep, of course we do. However unlike a few places in Europe it has a zero mandate from the Irish electorate. The national party? Don't make me laugh. Barrett and his boyos struggled to fill a conference room at their Ard Pheis. How many was it, 50 people? Nobody wants to go back to the dancing at the crossroads kissing the bishop's ringpiece so they're done. The rest live on Twatter, BoobTube comments and Arsebook. If there's over a thousand active actual far right people in Ireland I'd be surprised.

The far left are far more represented and have got into councils and government, but even there it's a minority. Though an active one and one more likely to get the ear and microphones of Montrose. And yes you have all sorts of "progressive" nonsense in Irish media, but most of that is confined to op eds in the "lifestyle" sections of magazines.

Ireland is overwhelmingly a centrist and mostly left of centre culture. Is it racist? Oh it can be and is, no doubt about that and we can be more clannish and parochial than a few places, but then so is everywhere in the west(and everywhere else. Humans tend to be "tribal" in nature and a Them V Us is easy to foster). If it weren't then we wouldn't see the same demographics following the same trajectories over time. Though it's most certainly not just to do with racism.

Do we have too many NGO's sucking on the taxpayer's teat? Without a doubt. A holdover from the foundation of the state when we were broke and government farmed out various arms of government to the church and charities which transmogrified into NGO's.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Acosta

The problem for people that take issue with this is if there is legitimate arguments about NGOs, the people on social media that scream the loudest about it are usually vile racists, amongst other things. I'm not really referring the posters here, but on Twitter that's certainly the case. Most of these people would actually do their larger agenda of being against multiculturalism in general some good by deleting their social media accounts. They influence nobody outside their small circle and only do more harm to issues they care about.

Acosta wrote: »
    The problem for people that take issue with this is if there is legitimate arguments about NGOs, the people on social media that scream the loudest about it are usually vile racists, amongst other things. I'm not really referring the posters here, but on Twitter that's certainly the case. Most of these people would actually do their larger agenda of being against multiculturalism in general some good by deleting their social media accounts. They influence nobody outside their small circle and only do more harm to issues they care about.

The screaming loudest problem affects all political groups though.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Shakey_jake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

None of them can debate the topic at hand so deflect deflect deflect.

They think its normal that billions and billions go to NGO's to debase the Irish and call them racist based on erm Nothing!

Meanwhile an angry "anti racist" young mob scream white bastards at terrified people in a barricaded shop in Blanchardstown and not a peep from them. In fact thats championed!

Its very telling how these people think any height of abuse aimed at Irish people is fine. It shows their utter utter contempt for the average Irish Joe.

To these "anti racist" NGO's the Irish are so far down the pecking order such contempt that any level of Abuse or racism aimed at them is not only accepted but encouraged as seen by the bile filled speakers they often have.

I understand and accept that by default most people in Ireland are not racist, and most of their friends are not racist, and as a consequence that gets projected into a narrative that "Ireland is not racist", which ultimately leads to a conclusion that minority "activists" are ultimately ungrateful mouthy feckers, tarring us all with the same brush, and looking for a fake victim based gravy train. Their victimisation complex get a lot of backs up.

However, what's your definition of acceptable racism in Ireland?

Is it fair to say Ireland has a racism problem if less than 20%, or 10% or 5% or 1% behave in a racist way?

What is that acceptable threshold under which black people should have a right to be concerned or angry?

If for example, that threshold is 5%, (1 in 20 people), or 1% (1 in 100 people), then how should black people react when they have to interact with racist people, be it in the street, or at school, or at work, or when trying to get work, or when dealing with the state etc?

If it was a case that that < 5% of people are racist, how would that translate into that actual lives of black people in this country?

Only 1 in 20 people would
    • Physically or verbally assault you in public
    • Provide you with reduced service in a restaurant
    • Dismiss your requests when dealing with a government agency
    • talk behind your back and tell everyone that your pram, car, house etc were all being paid for by the government
    • Tell you that you should go back to your own country, even though you were born here
    • Tell you that you can never be Irish, because you are black.
    • Ensure security followed you around in shops
    • Put your CV in the bin when you apply for a job
    • Make up reasons to ensure you never get that promotion or pay rise.

but if you complained about it, 19 in 20 people would tell you Ireland is not racist and to stop being such an angry attention seeker.

I'm white, Irish, male, in my 40s and relatively rich. I work hard, always have and deserve what I've got. I'm a fairly relaxed person.

If I was black I suspect I would not be.

Advertisement