Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are 'anti racist' NGO's so racist to the Irish? *Threadbanned user list in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Howard Beale

Rezident wrote: »
    He is right about one thing (and one thing only), 'Ireland is complicit'. By tolerating this hatred, we are allowing it to grow and fester here. This will certainly result in Irish children being attacked and murdered by these hate-filled ideologues. And after they have murdered your son they will shout hate in your face because they feel justified, because someone in Ireland hundreds of years ago had something to do with slavery, apparently. And you let it grow on your doorstep.

Would he do this in Russia? Or China? Not a chance. So we are complicit, because if you tolerate this, your children, literally, will be next. They could not do this in many other countries, they need us to just do nothing, like the good, little weak, virtue-signalling sheep that we have become. All it requires is for good people to do nothing.

Russians wouldn't tolerate that bigotry on their doorstep true. Doubt any country would.

This guy is demanding power land equity. Basically a declaration of hostility to the natives. Did he mention once working for any of these things? They know the Irish are the most downtrodden low self esteem people on the planet. Hostile power grabs? Piece of pizz against people who refuse to even have any self respect of roots/heritage.

Can we keep the good ones and deport the bad ones please? It's just common sense.

Here's some common sense... how can you know who is good/bad (before giving them the rights to all the protections available to citizens)? and more importantly, how can you know about their descendants?

Fact is.. there's no way of knowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Is there a week goes by they don't have that scruffy degenerate Tommy Tiernan on interviewing some black person speaking of the racism they have experienced in Ireland despite them having a good job and live in a affluent part of Dublin? Seems like every second guest has to be pushing this old troupe.

Yes, there is a week when Tommy doesn't interview a black person. He didn't interview a black person this week. Does that make you feel better?

Yes, there is a week when Tommy doesn't interview a black person. He didn't interview a black person this week. Does that make you feel better?

A black person speaking of their alleged "racism" in Ireland?

Suppose first time for everything!
    Its so rare you even noticed he didn't do if this week!

He is right about one thing (and one thing only), 'Ireland is complicit'. By tolerating this hatred, we are allowing it to grow and fester here.

I'd love to see someone actually argue to prove that we are tolerating this hatred, or that we are encouraging any degree of racism to grow.

Because we're not. It's all BS. It's encouraging a culture of entitlement. Not based on your own unique set of experience, education and skills... but based on race. Meh.
    This will certainly result in Irish children being attacked and murdered by these hate-filled ideologues. And after they have murdered your son they will shout hate in your face because they feel justified, because someone in Ireland hundreds of years ago had something to do with slavery, apparently. And you let it grow on your doorstep.

Nah.. I doubt that very much. Racial division in Europe (which has been ongoing for a far longer time, and with more extreme reactions) hasn't experienced what you're suggesting.

There are serious problems, but your attitude is a big part of the problem, because by encouraging the extreme reaction, you make it easier for other to dismiss criticisms and concerns about migration and multiculturalism.
    Would he do this in Russia? Or China? Not a chance. So we are complicit, because if you tolerate this, your children, literally, will be next. They could not do this in many other countries, they need us to just do nothing, like the good, little weak, virtue-signalling sheep that we have become.

He might. There are idiots everywhere. I can say, with certainty that BLM protesters tried this in China.. I heard similar crap from videos uploaded to wechat and Weibo. The police stood back and laughed, because they know just how unrealistic these protesters are.. They Chinese did what they're extremely good at doing. They ignored it. So too did the Japanese.
    All it requires is for good people to do nothing.

Ahh cliches. Lovely. What about everyone else who isn't good? The real people?

Multiculturalism is here. Migration is a fact and it's not going to dry up. There is zero chance of removing migrants who have already arrived here and gained citizenship. Not going to happen.

The question is what we're going to do about preventing the chaos that is hitting the US, and that the UK will likely face within the next few years. How about dealing with the problems that countries like Denmark are facing? Not with some misguided notion that time can be turned back, but by creating a genuinely equal society that doesn't place any importance on race.

• Advertisement

A black person speaking of their alleged "racism" in Ireland?

Suppose first time for everything!
    Its so rare you even noticed he didn't do if this week!

Looking at his last series, he had two black people over eight episodes, one of whom was Paul McGrath.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tommy_Tiernan_Show#Series_3_(2019)

Do you think you could be guilty of a little bit of exaggeration?

Then looking at the current series, it looks like he had one black guest talking about racism (amongst other things) and one Syrian lad talking mostly about the GAA.

https://www.rte.ie/player/series/the-tommy-tiernan-show/SI0000001918?epguid=IP000066611

So the "black racist talking about Irish racist" seems to be mostly in your own imagination.

Are you somebody who just can't bear to see a black person on RTE?

Looking at his last series, he had two black people over eight episodes, one of whom was Paul McGrath.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tommy_Tiernan_Show#Series_3_(2019)

Do you think you could be guilty of a little bit of exaggeration?

Then looking at the current series, it looks like he had one black guest talking about racism (amongst other things) and one Syrian lad talking mostly about the GAA.

https://www.rte.ie/player/series/the-tommy-tiernan-show/SI0000001918?epguid=IP000066611

So the "black racist talking about Irish racist" seems to be mostly in your own imagination.

Are you somebody who just can't bear to see a black person on RTE?

"black racist talking about Irish racist" Those are YOUR words not mine.

I didn't type that. Said Tommy the scruffy degenerate regularly has black people on speaking of their alleged racism but in the same vein speak of how well they are doing. What country provided those oppurtunites again? Cant be all bad? Personally I would show gratitude to such a place.

What the hell ya on about black racists talking about Irish racists?

Me no comprende.

No as I am a black man and have been on RTE. Savage Eye actually.

You're black?

So why the gross exaggeration of your concerns about Tommy's show?

I didn't type that. Said Tommy the scruffy degenerate regularly has black people on speaking of their alleged racism but in the same vein speak of how well they are doing. What country provided those oppurtunites again? Cant be all bad? Personally I would show gratitude to such a place.

Me no comprende.

If you look at the list of guests for his current and last series, he doesn't "regularly" have black people on at all, let alone talking about racism.

So again, why the gross exaggeration? Why do you get so offended to see a black person on Rte?
    Did you exaggerate the number of funded NGO's dealing with racism in the same way?
    Did you think better of your claim to be black yourself?

If you look at the list of guests for his current and last series, he doesn't "regularly" have black people on at all, let alone talking about racism.

So again, why the gross exaggeration? Why do you get so offended to see a black person on Rte?

What is your obsession with the colour of somebodys skin??????

To some people its not an issue. To you its a big very big deal.

I don't like people making broad statements about the Irish being racist they are not. I cannot speak for your good self but by and large Irish people are decent folk who don't deserve the bigotry and demeaning insults from other folk flamed by NGO's Least not forget this country gave these people a very good life.

• Advertisement

What is your obsession with the colour of somebodys skin??????

To some people its not an issue. To you its a big very big deal.

I don't like people making broad statements about the Irish being racist they are not. I cannot speak for your good self but by and large Irish people are decent folk who don't deserve the bigotry and demeaning insults from other folk flamed by NGO's Least not forget this country gave these people a very good life.

Just in case you missed my questions

Did you exaggerate the number of funded NGO's dealing with racism in the same way?

Just in case you missed my questions

Well before I can through that litany of questions can you answer my just one first.

What is your obsession with skin colour? It matters not to me what colour someones skin is and you?

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Mules

It's because of an ideology called intersectionality. I only recently came to understand it. It started in American universities and has spread throughout the English speaking world to universities, the media and politics.

It sees all minority groups as victims (they also see women as victims). They believe white men have all the power in society and that's why they are always giving out about them. You'll know people who believe in it by the language the use.

I think they are very divisive and a bit racist themselves. It seems to me that they see minorities as needing protection and special treatment. Imo it's patronising minority people. In saying that, some minority people believe in it too, usually college educated, in the media or academia.

Mules wrote: »
    It's because of an ideology called intersectionality. I only recently came to understand it. It started in American universities and has spread throughout the English speaking world to universities, the media and politics.

It sees all minority groups as victims (they also see women as victims). They believe white men have all the power in society and that's why they are always giving out about them. You'll know people who believe in it by the language the use.

I think they are very divisive and a bit racist themselves. It seems to me that they see minorities as needing protection and special treatment. Imo it's patronising minority people. In saying that, some minority people believe in it too, usually college educated, in the media or academia.

Minority? In most countires in the World Caucasian people are the minority thats the irony. Soon to be America too. Europe will follow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭eleventh

You should consider what a white person would experience in Harare, or any country where white people are a minority.. It's not all roses.
    It won't be long before Irish people will be a minority in their home country in many parts of Ireland.
    humberklog wrote: »
    My personal opinion is that a lot of NGOs aren't geared towards reaching a point where they can re-tool and start operating in a positive direction.
    Their drill only goes one direction with one main function- to make their drill bigger.
    Agree completely. It's a snowball effect with no end in sight.
    Here's some common sense... how can you know who is good/bad (before giving them the rights to all the protections available to citizens)? and more importantly, how can you know about their descendants?

Fact is.. there's no way of knowing.
    We don't need more people. If we do, the simplest way is just make it easier for Irish people to have families. A lot of people wait now until their 30s until they can afford it. That could be changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Minority? In most countires in the World Caucasian people are the minority thats the irony. Soon to be America too. Europe will follow.

The absolute state of ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭eleventh

White people are something like 7-8% of the world population, the last time I read about it. It's falling all the time.

dan1895 wrote: »
    The absolute state of ya.

Back to the schoolyard and the incessant immaturity.

State of ya/my dad can beat up yours/my willy is bigger than yours etc.

Declining Caucasian population jn the World is very common knowledge especially in America. You can deal with facts or stick to the head in the sand schoolyard crap.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/08/21/u-s-counties-majority-nonwhite/%3famp=1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Re: Ebun Joseph and the NGO Anti-Irish money making machine.

The majority of African people in Ireland are from a Nigerian background. Nigerians were absolutely complicit in the Atlantic Slave trade and slavery was still relatively common there until the mid 20th century. Ireland was a colonised country for 500 years more than most African countries and suffered from indentured servitude and much racism. There were many more Nigerians involved in the Atlantic slave trade than Irish and Ireland bears zero guilt for what happened back then.

This needs to be taught more especially to young 2nd generation Africans who with the help of these NGO's will blame any shortcomings in their life on the racist Irish and create massive societal divison. Ironically, it could be NGO's who create an actual Far Right support base in this country.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_Nigeria
    The traditional slave trade in Southern Nigeria preceded the arrival of European influence,[3] and continued locally long after the effective abolition of slavery in many other countries.[4]

With the arrival of the transatlantic slave trade, traditional slave traders in southeastern Nigeria became suppliers of slaves to European slave traders.[3] Although local slavery was officially prohibited by the colonial British administration from the mid-1880s,[5] they tacitly permitted it to continue well into the 1930s,[6] ending completely only in the 1940s.[4]

Well before I can through that litany of questions can you answer my just one first.

What is your obsession with skin colour? It matters not to me what colour someones skin is and you?

Really? Are you sure that the colour of a person's skin matters not to you? Because you seemed pretty exercised about skin colour when you said:

Did the mask slip there for a moment?

So again, why does "once per series" feel like "every week" to you? Why the gross exaggeration and perpetual offence?
    What else have you been grossly exaggerating about here?
    Why did you remove your post about being a black man yourself?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭fantaiscool

eleventh wrote: »
    White people are something like 7-8% of the world population, the last time I read about it. It's falling all the time.

No chance I'd believe any "facts" you write.

I would say that most interracial relationships are due to white men hooking up with non-white women. Which is a great thing, speaking from experience.

Really? Are you sure that the colour of a person's skin matters not to you? Because you seemed pretty exercised about skin colour when you said:

Did the mask slip there for a moment?

So again, why does "once per series" feel like "every week" to you? Why the gross exaggeration and perpetual offence?
    What else have you been grossly exaggerating about here?
    Why did you remove your post about being a black man yourself?

Again I won't be answering your litany of questions until you answer my one simple question which now for the third time is what is your obsession with skin colour?

Caucasian people are a minority in the vast majority of countires in the World and within 20 years minority in America too. This is simple common knowledge.
    You can bask in your ignorance and pretend thats not true but it is.

Do I believe Anti Racist NGO's are racist to Irish? Too right.
    Look at some of the things they have put online and some of the speakers they have had.

Again you can pretend it doesn't happen and live in lala land but ignorance is only bliss for so long and something tells me the bliss honeymoon is not for you no more. The sun loungers pulled in the sun is going down that last cocktail is empty!

John Doe1 wrote: »
    Re: Ebun Joseph and the NGO Anti-Irish money making machine.

The majority of African people in Ireland are from a Nigerian background. Nigerians were absolutely complicit in the Atlantic Slave trade and slavery was still relatively common there until the mid 20th century. Ireland was a colonised country for 500 years more than most African countries and suffered from indentured servitude and much racism. There were many more Nigerians involved in the Atlantic slave trade than Irish and Ireland bears zero guilt for what happened back then.

This needs to be taught more especially to young 2nd generation Africans who with the help of these NGO's will blame any shortcomings in their life on the racist Irish and create massive societal divison. Ironically, it could be NGO's who create an actual Far Right support base in this country.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_Nigeria

Facts matter not to these NGO's. When have you ever seen them use them? Is there a single "anti racist" NGO ever actually highlighted racism to an Irish person? I doubt it. They are steadfast in their refusal to deal with reality and facts.

Facts matter not to these NGO's. When have you ever seen them use them? Is there a single "anti racist" NGO ever actually highlighted racism to an Irish person? I doubt it. They are steadfast in their refusal to deal with reality and facts.

Selective use of facts, yes. They actually use facts a lot. The problem is marketing and spin. They'll highlight the facts that support their crusade, and ignore anything that doesn't match their outlook.
    eleventh wrote: »
    It won't be long before Irish people will be a minority in their home country in many parts of Ireland.

Unlikely. It would take four or five decades for that to happen, with increased numbers of migration, and higher birthrates than are currently happening (for migrants).

The simple truth is that people have smaller families because it costs so much to live in a first world nation. Migrants who aren't receiving welfare or government aid, will be forced to accommodate the need for smaller families simply because they won't have the income to provide for them. That is, of course, if they're not supported by the state, which many of them are.
    We don't need more people. If we do, the simplest way is just make it easier for Irish people to have families. A lot of people wait now until their 30s until they can afford it. That could be changed.

We do and we don't. We don't need unskilled/uneducated people. We do need those with better skills/education to meet market demands, as does every modern economy. The simplest way of dealing with this is the Australian model for immigration, based on skills, and needing sponsors, along with residency as opposed to aiming for citizenship. A recognition that migration for most is temporary, and that most should be leaving again after a few years, to work/live elsewhere.

And yes, we should be subsidising families, Irish families, to encourage a rise in births... but that's unlikely to happen in relation to middle class groups, because Irish culture tends to assume that being middle class means they're loaded... in spite of the reality that many middle class families are struggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Mules

That's one of the things about it that make no sense. They talk about conditions in America and apply those to other western countries. They dont seem to consider that all countries have their own culture. They are also only interested in applying it to western countries.They don't talk about racism or inequality in other parts of the world.

These ideas are very influential in English speaking countries because of how American trends are always adopted by them. There's a book called The Madness of Crowds by Douglas Murray. He's a journalist and he explains intersectionality and its effects on western society.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Hamachi

I would say that most interracial relationships are due to white men hooking up with non-white women. Which is a great thing, speaking from experience.

What a peculiar, unverified statement to make. I’ve said it before on another thread, but much of the commentary from you on this forum, reveals a thoroughly race-obsessed mindset, that’s frankly borderline creepy. It certainly provides an insight into the skewed prism through which you view human interaction.

Now let’s challenge your odd little statement with some facts. The % of interracial relationships in the United States varies dramatically by ethnic group. Amongst African Americans, it’s ~15% and heavily skewed towards black men. Amongst Asians and Hispanics, it’s ~25%. Asian women are far more likely to be involved in an interracial relationship vs. Asian men. For Hispanics, the propensity is equally distributed by gender.

Meanwhile, Whites have by far the lowest rates of extra-racial marriage, mostly because they have a a far wider pool of potential partners, from which to choose. ~9% of white men and ~7% of white women marry interracially. It should also be noted that 45% of all interracial marriages involving whites are to Hispanics, many of whom are also European-descended.

That’s the facts. The evil white man isn’t going around spreading his seed everywhere. In fact, white people are remarkably endogamous, displaying a strong preference to marry within their own racial group.

I find your mindset disturbing. It’s symptomatic of shall we say, some very odd thought patterns, that is overlayed with a faux concern for ethnic minorities. Weird and unusual..

Again I won't be answering your litany of questions until you answer my one simple question which now for the third time is what is your obsession with skin colour?

Caucasian people are a minority in the vast majority of countires in the World and within 20 years minority in America too. This is simple common knowledge.
    You can bask in your ignorance and pretend thats not true but it is.

Do I believe Anti Racist NGO's are racist to Irish? Too right.
    Look at some of the things they have put online and some of the speakers they have had.

Again you can pretend it doesn't happen and live in lala land but ignorance is only bliss for so long and something tells me the bliss honeymoon is not for you no more. The sun loungers pulled in the sun is going down that last cocktail is empty!

Me no comprende.

Oh dear, it's a weak attempt at the old 'have you stopped beating your wife' tactic of asking a question with no foundation in fact that makes the other party look bad regardless of whatever way they answer it.

Let's take a look back at what actually happened;

You claimed that Tommy Tiernan had:
    A black person speaking of their alleged "racism" in Ireland

every week in Ireland. So the obsession with the colour of guests on the TT show comes solely from yourself.

I simply responded to your claim with the cold hard facts that, on his current and last series, Tommy had one black person talking about racism on each series, a long way from the 'one every week' claim that you came out with.

You claim to have no interest in the colour of people's skin while in the very next sentence, you get rather excited about the possibility of Caucasian people getting outnumbered, so again, the obsession with people's colour is coming solely from yourself.

What else have you been exaggerating about on this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭enricoh

This guy gets all the honeyz, well he says so on the internet so it must be fact. That pew research article was probably written by racists eleventh, try harder!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Hamachi

You claim to have no interest in the colour of people's skin while in the very next sentence, you get rather excited about the possibility of Caucasian people getting outnumbered, so again, the obsession with people's colour is coming solely from yourself.

The obsession is evident on both sides of the debate. Have a read of the posting history of that peculiar poster above. It’s replete with sweeping statements about Asian women, White men, mixed race this, ad nauseam..

Really a very odd mindset, suggestive of quite a disturbed outlook

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Ebun Joseph is a total condradiction.
    An African woman who moved to Ireland, got a much sought after job as a university lecturer and spends her time telling the Irish people what horrible racists they are.

If we are as racist as she claims, she would have been given the boot from her job as soon as she opened her mouth.
    I can think of several countries off the top of my head where if she tried what she has done here she would be either deported or jailed.

The fact that she is able to continue calling us a racist country who hate all black people only goes to show that we aren't.

Advertisement