Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are 'anti racist' NGO's so racist to the Irish? *Threadbanned user list in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

It's interesting how the 'far right' who apparently control Boards, never call for censorship.
    Did you not read the OP then?
    enricoh wrote: »
    Hmm none of the lefty's on here have commented on that survey, hugely surprising!
    I'm just wondering why a think-tank funded by an American oil family is funding research into immigration in Europe?
    Wasn't it well known on the street these attacks were carried out by left Anarchist Antifa extremists? Was well spoken of on reddit and facebook.

The last refuge of the scoundrel; "It's a known fact Joe" but with absolutely zero evidence of the fact.

This does say a lot about the circles you've been hanging around with on reddit and FB though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Hamachi

.anon. wrote: »
    I'm neither in a glasshouse nor throwing stones. Like I said, it was a call-back to something the poster had just said. You're reading far too much into it.

I’m not. I’m calling out your cheap jibe for what it is.

Stick to your argument, even if it is a tedious exposition of the seemingly ubiquitous ‘far right’.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,121 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Wasn't than Left Antifa extremists however?? Such more for the "tolerant" left eh!.

I didn't claim to know who did it just pointing out that these incidents happened.

There was one in Donegal too.

Are you asking about Left Antifa or saying it was definitely them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

Hamachi wrote: »
    I’m not. I’m calling out your cheap jibe for what it is.

Stick to your argument, even if it a tedious exposition of the seemingly ubiquitous ‘far right’.

Well, if it touched some kind of personal nerve, I'd like to apologise for unintentionally triggering you. The person I addressed it to didn't seem to have a problem with it though.

Isn't all racism based on the recipient's own perception? Nothing unusual about that.

I don't think so. We used to have pretty clear cut guidelines as to what constituted racism. Expressions of hate, or superiority. Racism wasn't a word that was bandied around much because it held a serious position within our vocabulary. A racist was someone bad.. it was obvious, and it served to encourage people not to behave that way.

However, with the rise of the internet, woke and PC movements, social media, etc, racism covers far more than it used to. Now, any indication of discrimination whether it's based on something else entirely (like their personality) will be given grounds as racism. Hell, anything even remotely negative or rather not totally positive reactions, can be grounds for claims of racism... if you're not white, that is.

The point is that racism is more than just what people think about their interactions with others. We have anti-hate laws being proposed/implemented, Anti-racism campaigns paid for by the government, and we have people like Ebun, making claims of racism but not providing any specifics... or rather when examples are given, people are too scared (by being labelled a racist/bigot) to suggest that such example wasn't racism.
    I don't think I've ever heard the lady speak tbh. I've heard loads of complaints about her from the usual suspects on boards, which generally leads me to conclude that she's doing a good job at whatever she's doing.

Usual suspects? That includes me, I assume? Posters tend to stick to what they're interested in. I'm interested in social change, culture and immigration. Many of these usual suspects would be similar.. and let's be honest here, you're in that group too, since I've seen you post to many of such threads.

As for whether she's doing a good job? Maybe. I've never quite figured out what her job actually is, although I do know she has a consultancy business that relates to race relations.. so, yeah, she's likely doing quite well. Go watch a few of her interviews.. It won't take long to see a trend.
    I'm not quite getting your 'advantages of claiming racism' in fairness. The only people afraid of being labelled as racist are racists. Others don't get labelled as racist.

I find that remarkably naive... Being labelled a racist can have real life consequences, from losing your job to having groups of SJW activists show up at your home harassing your kids/family. Cancel culture exists, and has for a long time before the woke movement. Just as blackmail has.
    How are benefits to protect someone from racism an 'advantage'?

Remember after the sexual harassment laws were brought into being, and there was a slew of false claims made against men? The threat of having a claim of sexual harassment (or racism or sexism) can be disastrous for your career. Which is why so many male managers won't stay in the same hotel as female staff on trips, and minimize the amount of time they spend alone with them.

I suspect you know exactly what I mean by the advantages of being a minority, or of being black. In terms of claiming racism, or discrimination, it's a strong bargaining chip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Howard Beale

Ebun Joseph the poster girl of the anti Irish hate brigade is now on Twitter and in recent days has called ANYONE who questions the justiceforgeorgenchencho hashtag as "racists" this includes pointing out he had a huge knife. Any Facts at all like people be deemed racists.

On Febuary 11th she posted on Twitter
    "This is brilliant! Makes a great case of why we need a ‘proper’ white history month. If you’re susceptible to white fragility, Viewers discretion is advised!"

Its a video of a woman speaking of "white history month" in America. Ebun wants that here. It was a video of how white people in America were slaveowners several hundred year ago.

What this has to do with Ireland is anyones guess. How about the microaggressions? Doing or not doing something to somebody maybe "racist"

Interestingly a lady use to post here who worked with Ebun said she was horrid. Incredibly demeaning and aggressive with people. Her aggressions were not so micro! Basically the lady said she treated Irish people like dirt and no one could really challenge her say for the accusations of being a Nazi or racist or white supremicist or whatever else. Ironcially coming from Irelands most infamous actual REAL racist!

Well, if it touched some kind of personal nerve, I'd like to apologise for unintentionally triggering you. The person I addressed it to didn't seem to have a problem with it though.

Honestly, based on your previous personal revelation, you couldn’t be less ‘triggering’ if you tried. I find those who get triggered, tend to subscribe to a particular ideology.

Pity is an emotion I do feel when confronted with those less fortunate.

Why am I, a white man, the real victim of racism?

I don't know. Are you a victim of racism?

Not sure where you're getting this "real victim of racism"... who made such a claim before you?
    We should probably just accept that Boards has become the new online home for Ireland's loopy far-right. The mods and admins seem to have accepted it anyway.

Or just accept that it's a common claim made by people who can't or won't argue their points.. finding it difficult to accept that people don't fall to their knees in acceptance of your viewpoints :rolleyes:

From the man who got 66& of his NGO list wrong and 100% of his Tommy Tiernan claims wrong. :D:D:D

66&?

Me fail English Ralf Wiggum kinda thing?

Also my NGO list wasn't wrong I never said they had to be Irish NGO's European ones are anti Irish too. Thanks for pointing that out!

The Tommy Tiernan thing was exagerrated like a figure of speech you know when people say I could eat a horse? Well they don't actually eat a horse!

Genuine question

Do you work for a NGO? Be honest.
    Would explain alot.

Honestly, based on your previous personal revelation, you couldn’t be less ‘triggering’ if you tried. I find those who get triggered, tend to subscribe to a particular ideology.

Pity is an emotion I do feel when confronted with those less fortunate.

I'm not sure what previous 'personal revelation' you're on about, or if you're confusing me with someone else, but I'm pretty sure the poster was only joking when they made the basement reference (as was I when I called-back to it), so I don't think they need your pity.

• Advertisement

Racism isn't just about throwing racial slurs about (something that most of you are reasonably careful not to do).

So.. who decides what constitutes racism, if you're not going to use the accepted idea of what racism consists of?

It's pretty obvious that you've decided that anyone who doesn't fully accept our immigration situation, multiculturalism, etc is a racist. Not because they have any actual problems with other races, but because they don't accept your view of the world.

elperello wrote: »
    I didn't claim to know who did it just pointing out that these incidents happened.

There was one in Donegal too.

Are you asking about Left Antifa or saying it was definitely them?

Its suspected it was Antifa terrorist attacks

Who suspects?

Any link at all please.

I'm not sure what previous 'personal revelation' you're on about, or if you're confusing me with someone else, but I'm pretty sure the poster was only joking when they made the basement reference (as was I when I called-back to it), so I don't think they need your pity.

Ok. I’ll pretend not to pity you and we’ll both pretend that you weren’t trying to interject a cheap jibe into your usual sanctimonious bleating.

Now let’s get back to the important business of identifying ubiquitous racism and combating that far right ideology that’s on the brink of overwhelming political discourse.

Who suspects?

Any link at all please.

Certainly wouldn't be the first time Antifa terrorists firebomb an immigration centre. History of it.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/tacoma-ice-police-shooting-washington-willem-van-spronsen-antifa-detention-centre-a9004131.html

https://thepostmillennial.com/new-year-same-goal-antifa-firebomb

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭Acosta

LOL. The more of your posts I read on this thread the more I think you're just being a WUM.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭fantaiscool

Why am I, a white man, the real victim of racism?

We should probably just accept that Boards has become the new online home for Ireland's loopy far-right. The mods and admins seem to have accepted it anyway.

I haven't been on the forum long but there's no shortage of clearly racist posts and posters. One of them being a mod that I took issue with but was shut down by other mods so I think it's safe to say that Boards is turning a blind eye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

The desperation some people have on boards for there to be an actual far-right in Ireland is bewildering. People like Gemma of Doherty and that Justin Barret fella live inside these people's heads.

I have said before that the biggest danger to Ireland is the far-left, considering they have actual support, TD's, councillors and those even farther to the left who are willing to carry out terrorist attacks on this island.

Problem is this. I seem to remember in the 90's there was an issue with cults recruiting people. Now, when I say issue, it was probably more of a media moral panic, I think outside of the Hare Krishna's alternative religious movements never really took hold in Ireland. If anything more people were swallowed in by strange movements like the Jehovahs and the Mormons.

In my mind, the new cults are the new political movements. I may be hazarding a guess here but from the turn outs it seems to be right wing = older left wing = younger, obviously with exceptions.

A lot of the right wing are your local oddball types, long term welfare dependents, low level criminals. I'm sure Ben Gilroy was a renowned local tosser well before the middle of the last decade. I'd wager Dee Wall has been a loud mouthed pain in the hole to the residents of Ballyer since she could walk. Their threat is overblown by the left to give them justification to exist themselves. Nobody on the far right in this country has the charisma, intellect or gravitas to represent a political movement. Who in the jaysis would take that weird dwarf Justin Barrett seriously? What the country needs is a rational centre right winger. Not a raging Nazi, just somebody who puts the national interest ahead of that of the EU. A Salvini, Orban or Wilders comes to mind.

The far left is particularly cult like though, and even more harmful as it attracts a younger crowd. Groups like the Connolly Youth Movement promote a dangerous ideology that has very little differentiating it from extreme right wing fascism (in particular they engage in Holocaust denial type nonsense claiming few to any people died en masse in Communist regimes), you can guarantee none of their older members are successful members of society, instead they are crying and moaning about how hard it is to get a well paying job.

Meanwhile, a lad the same age as them who went and got himself an apprenticeship is on nearly 50K a year and buying his first house by his mid to late 20's, because he didn't spend his youth attending protests and crying about how unfair growing up in a FG run Ireland was.

Ok. I’ll pretend not to pity you and we’ll both pretend that you weren’t trying to interject a cheap jibe into your usual sanctimonious bleating.

I won't pretend that your reference to some imaginary 'personal revelation' wasn't itself a snide (albeit misjudged) attempt at a jibe. I'll just quietly chalk it down as an example of the sort of not-very-nice characters you unfortunately stumble across on here from time to time. For the final time, my basement comment was a call-back to something that the poster themselves had said.
    So.. who decides what constitutes racism, if you're not going to use the accepted idea of what racism consists of?

We're probably never going to agree that people who go on and on about immigration, multiculturalism, etc are racists, but I would hope we can agree that the accepted idea of what racism consists of goes beyond racial slurs. Take Justin Barrett, for example - very clearly a racist, but I'm not aware of him using racial slurs publicly.

Post some names?

Whats Ebun Joesphs alias on this?

• Advertisement

Interesting links to events on the Pacific coast of the USA.

Must be about 7000 kms from Leitrim.

Not really helping in identifying who suspects anyone of the arson attacks.

Interesting links to events on the Pacific coast of the USA.

Must be about 7000 kms from Leitrim.

Not really helping in identifying who suspects anyone of the arson attacks.

Fair enough but as a terrorist organisation they have a history of such attacks on immigration centres. Far far moreso than any "right wing" groups. Black cat black kitten.

Fair enough but as a terrorist organisation they have a history of such attacks on immigration centres. Far far moreso than any "right wing" groups. Black cat black kitten.

It's not even an organisation.

It's not even an organisation.

Yeah maybe. What you call them Domestic Terrorists?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

No, that’s not what it is pointing out, either deliberately or inadvertently. Unsurprisingly, your interpretation is that it flags racism.

Quelle Surprise.

Uh-huh, where's that stick in the bicycle meme

Uh-huh, where's that stick in the bicycle meme

That’s the best you can summon up? Really?

I don’t always agree with some other posters on this thread, but I do echo their sentiment that the caliber of some ‘moderators’ truly does leave a lot to be desired.

We're probably never going to agree that people who go on and on about immigration, multiculturalism, etc are racists, but I would hope we can agree that the accepted idea of what racism consists of goes beyond racial slurs. Take Justin Barrett, for example - very clearly a racist, but I'm not aware of him using racial slurs publicly.

I pay extremely little attention to Irish politics, so, I'm not going to comment on Justin Barrett.

As for people who go on and on about immigration, and multiculturalism, being racists... no, we're definitely not going agree, since I'm one of those people.

But let me point something out to you. I live most of the time in Asia, I've traveled extensively in both Africa and the M.East, but apparently, according to your standards, I'd be a racist. I dislike/hate other cultures so much that I live among them, probably more. than most others on this thread.

You see, I don't like your attitude towards racism, because it dilutes the importance associated to it. You spread the word around so much, claiming it exists, but you're not actually talking about racism. You're talking about people who have concerns about immigration, multiculturalism, and yes, the presence and behavior of other racial groups. That, in itself, isn't racism, and never should be considered so.

You're very similar to the woke activists who seek to shut down other voices simply because they don't agree with your point of view. So.. nope. I don't think we're going to agree on much of anything..

I haven't been on the forum long but there's no shortage of clearly racist posts and posters. One of them being a mod that I took issue with but was shut down by other mods so I think it's safe to say that Boards is turning a blind eye.

Seeing as I recently appealed a forum ban over a mod claiming I was being racist towards Travellers... nope. They're not turning a blind eye.

Thankfully, they're still open to logic, and consideration of other peoples views. All the same, if you break their rules, you'll get slammed.

As with Anon, just because you believe a post/poster to be racist doesn't make him/her so. I find there's a lot of claims of racism on boards about posts which aren't racist. It's common enough to find posters from a certain ideology screaming racism, when they're unable to argue their points successfully.

I won't pretend that your reference to some imaginary 'personal revelation' wasn't itself a snide (albeit misjudged) attempt at a jibe. I'll just quietly chalk it down as an example of the sort of not-very-nice characters you unfortunately stumble across on here from time to time. For the final time, my basement comment was a call-back to something that the poster themselves had said.

So someone who doesn't ever say or do anything racist is racist? Just cos you 'feel' it or don't like them.

You do realize you have diluted the word racist to the point where its utterly meaningless undermining real victims. Its thrown around like confetti at a wedding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

I pay extremely little attention to Irish politics, so, I'm not going to comment on Justin Barrett.

As for people who go on and on about immigration, and multiculturalism, being racists... no, we're definitely not going agree, since I'm one of those people.

But let me point something out to you. I live most of the time in Asia, I've traveled extensively in both Africa and the M.East, but apparently, according to your standards, I'd be a racist. I dislike/hate other cultures so much that I live among them, probably more. than most others on this thread.

You see, I don't like your attitude towards racism, because it dilutes the importance associated to it. You spread the word around so much, claiming it exists, but you're not actually talking about racism. You're talking about people who have concerns about immigration, multiculturalism, and yes, the presence and behavior of other racial groups. That, in itself, isn't racism, and never should be considered so.

You're very similar to the woke activists who seek to shut down other voices simply because they don't agree with your point of view. So.. nope. I don't think we're going to agree on much of anything..

Exactly, the word "racist" is used so extensively that it's meaning is so diluted and meaningless at this stage.

I think it's funny that people hold others to such high moral standards given that most of the people that are the subject of this "racism" are coming from countries where actual racism is rampant!

Advertisement