Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are 'anti racist' NGO's so racist to the Irish? *Threadbanned user list in OP*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭eleventh

I haven't been on the forum long but there's no shortage of clearly racist posts and posters. One of them being a mod that I took issue with but was shut down by other mods so I think it's safe to say that Boards is turning a blind eye.
    It might help to quote the posts you have in mind and describe how they are racist, as well as describe what racism is to you.

Your post reads like a conclusion to a discussion whereas there has been no discussion yet from you or anyone defending the NGOs.
    This is the OP question:
    Why are 'anti racist' NGO's so racist to the Irish?
    It's a good question and deserves an answer or at least some interest towards discussing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

You'd swear the far right never firebombed a hotel or a TDs car at all.

Were charges ever filed in these cases, proving who carried them out?

The left isn't above false flag attacks let's be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,080 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

You sound like Gemma O'Doherty there.

D1taxBrWsAAkqsh.jpg

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Howard Beale

They know well it wasn't the imaginary "far right"
    Suits their agenda however. Never let the truth get in the way of the propaganda is the left motto.

I still contend there is no "far right" in Ireland. Its a boogeyman. Not like Germany or Italy has.

These people call anyone with concerns on immigration far right. Dolores Cahill is "far right" to these folk. Basically anyone who questions NGO's or immigration at all.

D1taxBrWsAAkqsh.jpg

That post literally has NOTHING to do with the the (Antifa?) firebombing in Leitrim. Nothing. Might as well post pictures of kittens.

Neither has Gemma O Doherty by the way. Suppose though the lefts obsession with her means she must be mentioned at least once per day on totally unrelated things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Pray for the poor white boer farmers of South Africa and the systematic hellish racism they experience daily.

When this topic popped up first a few years ago we were all told it was a far right lie, one of the posters in this thread now was adamant about it. When the problems of Sweden and wider Europe popped up, we were once again told it was a far right lie. So it seems that everything that goes against the narrative is a far right lie until it is proven to be true. The "far right" so far have been right, which really isn't a good look for their enemies, who are constantly wrong.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RandRuns

It's not so much that Boards has many racist posters, relative to the overall number of posters. It is obviously the case that Boards is the preferred home for racist posters, far right posters, conspiracy theorist posters (who were given their own forum in some misguided attempt to ghettoize them, instead of just telling them to cop on), anti-vax posters, anti-immigrant posters etc etc.

"nobody who has a different opinion to me should be allowed to air that opinion anywhere"

How terribly, terribly liberal of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,123 ✭✭✭✭elperello

No charges were filed, there was one arrest.

Not that charges or arrests would prove who carried them out anyway.

You see in order to be able to say who did you need a conviction.

For a conviction you need evidence.

Insinuation and adding question marks to statements won't suffice.

RandRuns wrote: »
    "nobody who has a different opinion to me should be allowed to air that opinion anywhere"

The mantra of the left. Ban and block anyone who disagrees with you.

The left loolas are bigoted beyond belief.Imagine wanting anyone with a different opinion to you banned or blocked.
    Waht these Tyrants want.

I still contend there is no "far right" in Ireland. Its a boogeyman. Not like Germany or Italy has.

These people call anyone with concerns on immigration far right. Dolores Cahill is "far right" to these folk. Basically anyone who questions NGO's or immigration at all.

Yes and no. There is a far right in Ireland, but they're so minuscule in number as to make the Trans population seem huge. :D

Nah.. the truth is that the people who contend that there are far right movements in Ireland are equating them with the neo-nazis in Germany or the US. There are constant attempts to suggest that they're one and the same thing.. except they're not. Ireland has no history with slavery, ethnic superiority, etc. There's no foundation for an organisation based on the idea of superiority to exist in Ireland, and if it does exist, it's membership will be tiny.

The far right are the boogeyman which gives others license to censor the voices of those who disagree. It's like the way racism is being applied to cover just about anything on this thread.

Although, I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if an Alt-right movement grows in Ireland, as an answer to the behavior we've seen here, and in the media. The labeling of people as racists, bigots, and dismissing their valid concerns, will likely lead to so much bitterness, especially since the planning for providing for migrants in Ireland is so short sighted. Nope. I do think we will see a Alt-right movement grow in Ireland.. and it will be due to the types attitudes displayed in this thread (which are repeated in RL).. the desire to shutdown differing opinions, under the guise of racism.

• Advertisement

Yes and no. There is a far right in Ireland, but they're so minuscule in number as to make the Trans population seem huge. :D

Nah.. the truth is that the people who contend that there are far right movements in Ireland are equating them with the neo-nazis in Germany or the US. There are constant attempts to suggest that they're one and the same thing.. except they're not. Ireland has no history with slavery, ethnic superiority, etc. There's no foundation for an organisation based on the idea of superiority to exist in Ireland, and if it does exist, it's membership will be tiny.

The far right are the boogeyman which gives others license to censor the voices of those who disagree. It's like the way racism is being applied to cover just about anything on this thread.

Although, I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if an Alt-right movement grows in Ireland, as an answer to the behavior we've seen here, and in the media. The labeling of people as racists, bigots, and dismissing their valid concerns, will likely lead to so much bitterness, especially since the planning for providing for migrants in Ireland is so short sighted. Nope. I do think we will see a Alt-right movement grow in Ireland.. and it will be due to the types attitudes displayed in this thread (which are repeated in RL).. the desire to shutdown differing opinions, under the guise of racism.

They are poisoned to see the Irish or themselves as lesser beings. For example they don't like to see people say house the Irish homeless first but its fine for them to say house all refugees.
    Why? Why doesn't an Irish person receive the same consideration in Ireland?
    Resources are limited and they will ALWAYS choose to house/home and support migrants or asylum seekers over Irish people. That is racism in my view to the Irish race. That are marginalised and discriminated against if they are always over looked for housing etc.

Will the right grow in Ireland? Only God knows but I see it as being very hard with hard left bigots and tyrants who despise anyone with alternative views and will do anything to shut down debate and the left are very powerful in Ireland. They will stop at nothing to stop open debate and free speech. They hate that. Doesnt go along with their tyrannical communist mindset.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I don't think so. We used to have pretty clear cut guidelines as to what constituted racism. Expressions of hate, or superiority. Racism wasn't a word that was bandied around much because it held a serious position within our vocabulary. A racist was someone bad.. it was obvious, and it served to encourage people not to behave that way.

However, with the rise of the internet, woke and PC movements, social media, etc, racism covers far more than it used to. Now, any indication of discrimination whether it's based on something else entirely (like their personality) will be given grounds as racism. Hell, anything even remotely negative or rather not totally positive reactions, can be grounds for claims of racism... if you're not white, that is.

The point is that racism is more than just what people think about their interactions with others. We have anti-hate laws being proposed/implemented, Anti-racism campaigns paid for by the government, and we have people like Ebun, making claims of racism but not providing any specifics... or rather when examples are given, people are too scared (by being labelled a racist/bigot) to suggest that such example wasn't racism.
    That wouldn’t be my experience at all. The only people I’ve seen being labelled as racists are racists, in my experience.
    I find that remarkably naive... Being labelled a racist can have real life consequences, from losing your job to having groups of SJW activists show up at your home harassing your kids/family. Cancel culture exists, and has for a long time before the woke movement. Just as blackmail has.

Remember after the sexual harassment laws were brought into being, and there was a slew of false claims made against men? The threat of having a claim of sexual harassment (or racism or sexism) can be disastrous for your career. Which is why so many male managers won't stay in the same hotel as female staff on trips, and minimize the amount of time they spend alone with them.
    Actually no, I don’t recall that ‘slew of false claims made against men’ after sexual harassment laws were brought into being. Are you referring to Irish laws and Irish claims here? If so, maybe you could give some examples please? I’d be interested in Irish examples of non-racists losing their jobs after being labelled racists, and SJW activists showing up at the homes of non-racists who have been labelled racists harassing their kids and families too, when you have a minute.
    66&?

Me fail English Ralf Wiggum kinda thing?
    Is that your best now – nitpicking over typos? You did managed to work out that it was meant to read 66% right? 2 out of 3 of them wrong. Your OP referred to “anti racist organisation NGO's in Ireland creaming it in from the taxpayer”, so yes, it was 66% wrong. A fail mark, by any standard.
    The Tommy Tiernan thing was exagerrated like a figure of speech you know when people say I could eat a horse? Well they don't actually eat a horse!
    It was exaggerated for sure. I’m not so sure about the ‘figure of speech’ though, because you doubled down on your claim the first time I probed. It was only when faced with factual evidence that you eventually admitted that instead of ‘every week’, the real situation was ‘once per series’.
    It is again, pure Trumpian tactics of repeating a lie often enough until enough people believe it, regardless of the facts.
    Genuine question

Do you work for a NGO? Be honest.
    Would explain alot.
    Genuine answer. No. Never have, almost certainly never will.
    Not that it would change the facts in my responses anyway.
    BTW, do the €10 billion and 20,000 organsations figures that you quoted include the many organsations who provide disability care and services around the country under contract to the the HSE (Section 38 and Section 39 organisations, as they are known in that sector)? Because that would give some interesting context to those figures. What are your sources for those figures, btw?

Can you give any examples in Ireland of false flag attacks by the left where charges were filed proving who carried them out please? Let’s be honest, right?
    They know well it wasn't the imaginary "far right"
    Suits their agenda however. Never let the truth get in the way of the propaganda is the left motto.

Delores Cahill IS far right, She’s chair of Hermann’s “Irish Freedom Party” but it’s fascinating to see your attempts to rewrite reality.
    Fascinating how you have to add in that all-important suffix of ‘anywhere’ to what I actually said to make it sound scary. I never said ‘anywhere’. I was specifically talking about boards.ie.

That wouldn’t be my experience at all. The only people I’ve seen being labelled as racists are racists, in my experience.

Ahh well, since you and anon seem to agree on how people can be called racists... I'm not terribly surprised by your answer. Of course, anyone you consider a racist must be a racist.. how could it be otherwise?
    Actually no, I don’t recall that ‘slew of false claims made against men’ after sexual harassment laws were brought into being. Are you referring to Irish laws and Irish claims here? If so, maybe you could give some examples please? I’d be interested in Irish examples of non-racists losing their jobs after being labelled racists, and SJW activists showing up at the homes of non-racists who have been labelled racists harassing their kids and families too, when you have a minute.

Now you're being deliberately obtuse. Fake sexual harassment claims were made against managers when promotions weren't received. You don't see the connection with claims of racism? Or the benefits that can be availed of as a marginalised minority?

haha.. I love the request for examples of "non-racists". It just reinforces the impression that you're thoroughly indoctrinated into this woke/leftist approach to arguments. Show confusion to simple/obvious points, and then deflect elsewhere.

Funny. No, really... very amusing. :pac:

Is that your best now – nitpicking over typos? You did managed to work out that it was meant to read 66% right? 2 out of 3 of them wrong. Your OP referred to “anti racist organisation NGO's in Ireland creaming it in from the taxpayer”, so yes, it was 66% wrong. A fail mark, by any standard.

It was exaggerated for sure. I’m not so sure about the ‘figure of speech’ though, because you doubled down on your claim the first time I probed. It was only when faced with factual evidence that you eventually admitted that instead of ‘every week’, the real situation was ‘once per series’.
    It is again, pure Trumpian tactics of repeating a lie often enough until enough people believe it, regardless of the facts.

Genuine answer. No. Never have, almost certainly never will.
    Not that it would change the facts in my responses anyway.
    BTW, do the €10 billion and 20,000 organsations figures that you quoted include the many organsations who provide disability care and services around the country under contract to the the HSE (Section 38 and Section 39 organisations, as they are known in that sector)? Because that would give some interesting context to those figures. What are your sources for those figures, btw?

Can you give any examples in Ireland of false flag attacks by the left where charges were filed proving who carried them out please? Let’s be honest, right?

Delores Cahill IS far right, She’s chair of Hermann’s “Irish Freedom Party” but it’s fascinating to see your attempts to rewrite reality.

Fascinating how you have to add in that all-important suffix of ‘anywhere’ to what I actually said to make it sound scary. I never said ‘anywhere’. I was specifically talking about boards.ie.

Tumpian tactics. Orange man bad. Do you have a manual with these absurd terms that you can pull out at anytime? You do realise this is Ireland too not America? Whats with the imported Fox News Lingo?

Dolores Cahill is far right? No she is not.

You strike me as someone who hasn't a clue what far right actually is. Its someone who is neo fascist or neo nazi she is neither. You know this but it won't stop you lying about it.

Just cos you say something on boards.ie doesn't make it so. Its just biased opinion.

You can keep repeating it all you like. Doesn't make it so.You sure do love your "Trumpian tactics" I must say though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭enricoh

I can't debate the points raised n calling people racist ain't cutting it anymore. I've gone running to the mods n they're not jumping to our tune now.
    Stick with the twatter activists lads!

Ahh well, since you and anon seem to agree on how people can be called racists... I'm not terribly surprised by your answer. Of course, anyone you consider a racist must be a racist.. how could it be otherwise?

Now you're being deliberately obtuse. Fake sexual harassment claims were made against managers when promotions weren't received. You don't see the connection with claims of racism? Or the benefits that can be availed of as a marginalised minority?

haha.. I love the request for examples of "non-racists". It just reinforces the impression that you're thoroughly indoctrinated into this woke/leftist approach to arguments. Show confusion to simple/obvious points, and then deflect elsewhere.

Funny. No, really... very amusing. :pac:

So no actual examples of the scenarios you made up then? Those things really didn't happen anywhere outside of your imagination, did they.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,493 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

These NGO’s are against any and all of us who have any aspirations and goals in life beyond just existing.... any goals and aspirations to live, love and enjoy life and the fruits of our luck / labor to the fullest.

If you actually dare to own your own place, have a Mercedes in your driveway say and have the ability and want to take two holidays a year, which there is nothing wrong with, as I aspire to the same... they are watching and wanting to know why you are not tempering your goals and aspirations and donating % further of your salary and savings to others...

Because there is civil war in Yemen, Somalia and scores of other locations worldwide.. poverty, suffering and hunger.... that’s not my/our fault. I do not contribute, control or facilitate or enable these terrible happenings... I do not enable those who do.

I donate and contribute to two health charities here, regularly, and support a homeless charity too from time to time... if any NGO doesn’t like that they can be reminded that in a democracy, people have the right and expectations to do what they like with their assets. That’s not racism, that’s called... ‘living in a democracy’.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,640 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Klaz and AndrewJRenko give it a rest please

Thread as a whole is getting derailed with off topic posts like the plight of South African farmers etc. Discuss NGOs as per the thread op

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,640 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Rezident do not post in this thread again

Strumms wrote: »
    These NGO’s are against any and all of us who have any aspirations and goals in life beyond just existing.... any goals and aspirations to live, love and enjoy life and the fruits of our luck / labor to the fullest.

If you actually dare to own your own place, have a Mercedes in your driveway say and have the ability and want to take two holidays a year, which there is nothing wrong with, as I aspire to the same... they are watching and wanting to know why you are not tempering your goals and aspirations and donating % further of your salary and savings to others...

Because there is civil war in Yemen, Somalia and scores of other locations worldwide.. poverty, suffering and hunger.... that’s not my/our fault. I do not contribute, control or facilitate or enable these terrible happenings... I do not enable those who do.

I donate and contribute to two health charities here, regularly, and support a homeless charity too from time to time... if any NGO doesn’t like that they can be reminded that in a democracy, people have the right and expectations to do what they like with their assets. That’s not racism, that’s called... ‘living in a democracy’.

True. I don't think these NGO's care about democracy. You see any of them for free speech? A very basic pillar of democracy? They openly oppose it. They despise free speech in fact. Protest against it.

Here is many many NGO's violently protesting against free speech in Dublin. Its was promoted by Hazel Chu and attended by her (wearing a balaclava type disguise face covering) this counter protest to free speech. Imagine protesting against free speech? Incredible.
    It was also attended by NGOs like the sex workers alliance of Ireland /Irish network against racism/Trocaire and IRA wing Saoradh. The organisation responsible for Lyra McKees murder. So you can see why these bigots would oppose free speech and investigation!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JMLwxU0M-Kk

• Advertisement

Klaz and AndrewJRenko give it a rest please

Thread as a whole is getting derailed with off topic posts like the plight of South African farmers etc. Discuss NGOs as per the thread op

Sorry. Didn't see the warning until after I posted. Will stop now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

Where is the evidence that it was carried out by the far right like you claimed?

Where is the evidence that it was carried out by the far right like you claimed?

Wheres the evidence it was all "antifa false flag" operations?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Wheres the evidence it was all "antifa false flag" operations?

I never said it was. So can you back up your claims, or will we see yet more of your infamous disappearing act?

I never said it was. So can you back up your claims, or will we see yet more of your infamous disappearing act?

Because you know that false flag stuff is a load of bollox haha. Thats why you're not even agreeing with it.

Terry Pratchet

Strumms wrote: »

Which NGOs campaign against having two holidays a year and a Mercedes in your driveway?

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RandRuns

Fascinating that you think that makes you any less of a little fascist.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,123 ✭✭✭✭elperello

True. I don't think these NGO's care about democracy. You see any of them for free speech? A very basic pillar of democracy? They openly oppose it. They despise free speech in fact. Protest against it.

Here is many many NGO's violently protesting against free speech in Dublin. Its was promoted by Hazel Chu and attended by her (wearing a balaclava type disguise face covering) this counter protest to free speech. Imagine protesting against free speech? Incredible.
    It was also attended by NGOs like the sex workers alliance of Ireland /Irish network against racism/Trocaire and IRA wing Saoradh. The organisation responsible for Lyra McKees murder. So you can see why these bigots would oppose free speech and investigation!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JMLwxU0M-Kk

Okay HB I'll give you another go at interpreting that Youtube video.

Please explain how it backs up what you are saying.

I watched it all, that's 5 minutes and 14 seconds of my life given to trying to understand your point.

All I can see is that street politics gets a bit messy now and then.

Because you know that false flag stuff is a load of bollox haha. Thats why you're not even agreeing with it.

I never mentioned anything about it being an anti-fa false flag. We don't know who it was. You have stated that it was the far right. What is your evidence?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭eleventh

My answer to the question is that there was no racism in Ireland until NGOs, journalists etc invented it.

I don't believe racism (against non-Irish) exists in any serious way here. Insofar as it does it is manufactured and/or inflamed by 'the left' which most of 'the left' aren't aware of because they're either too young or they don't look into things.

People can be disliked if they disrespect people, that's natural. It's how it should be because otherwise the culture/people is weakened. It's not 'racist' to love your own people and culture and want to preserve it. It's not racist to not befriend someone immediately. It can take years to get to know people in a lot of cases.

As has been mentioned before though, there are many Irish who don't really care if their culture gets trampled on. That is the bigger issue and it just seems inevitable for a while that problems will get worse, as those who feel they can only increase their esteem by putting others down are attracted here, facilitated by NGOs etc.

Advertisement