Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are 'anti racist' NGO's so racist to the Irish? *Threadbanned user list in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Howard Beale

elperello wrote: »
    Okay HB I'll give you another go at interpreting that Youtube video.

Please explain how it backs up what you are saying.

I watched it all, that's 5 minutes and 14 seconds of my life given to trying to understand your point.

All I can see is that street politics gets a bit messy now and then.

There was a rally organised for free speech as Charlie Flanagan wanted to bring in laws curtailing it. Now Helen McEntee same thing.

A counter protest against free speech turned up took over the Dail and threw projectiles. It was a hodge podge of NGOs, trade Unions, charities and breakaway IRA Saoradh and prostitution advocates in the Sex workers alliance. It was supported and attended by Left politicans Richard Boyd Barrett, Hazel Chu, Brid Smith etc and only God knows how many NGOs.

My point is very simple. The NGO's despise democracy and free speech. They openly protest against people wanting free speech. Its hardly hidden. They are out in the open about their authoratarian tyranny loving ways. They want Maos China.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

True. I don't think these NGO's care about democracy. You see any of them for free speech? A very basic pillar of democracy? They openly oppose it. They despise free speech in fact. Protest against it.

Here is many many NGO's violently protesting against free speech in Dublin. Its was promoted by Hazel Chu and attended by her (wearing a balaclava type disguise face covering) this counter protest to free speech. Imagine protesting against free speech? Incredible.
    It was also attended by NGOs like the sex workers alliance of Ireland /Irish network against racism/Trocaire and IRA wing Saoradh. The organisation responsible for Lyra McKees murder. So you can see why these bigots would oppose free speech and investigation!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JMLwxU0M-Kk

Was that the protest with the noose signage?

?width=469&version=5208960

Swing and a miss. As usual you are wrong.

That photograph you have attached is a completely and totally different protest from the one I reference. 10 seconds research tell you this. But as usual facts matter not to the far left.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,123 ✭✭✭✭elperello

There was a rally organised for free speech as Charlie Flanagan wanted to bring in laws curtailing it. Now Helen McEntee same thing.

A counter protest against free speech turned up took over the Dail and threw projectiles. It was a hodge podge of NGOs, trade Unions, charities and breakaway IRA Saoradh and prostitution advocates in the Sex workers alliance. It was supported and attended by Left politicans Richard Boyd Barrett, Hazel Chu, Brid Smith etc and only God knows how many NGOs.

My point is very simple. The NGO's despise democracy and free speech. They openly protest against people wanting free speech. Its hardly hidden. They are out in the open about their authoratarian tyranny loving ways. They want Maos China.

Based on that video you are claiming that TDs, trade unionists, charities etc. are against free speech?

You really think that reps of political parties like Solidarity- People Before Profit and the Green Party want us to be like "Mao's China"?

For heaven's sake is the current CCP gangster regime not bad enough to fit your narrative?

As for the Sex Workers Alliance, God love them they must be thinking they got the wrong day!

Swing and a miss. As usual you are wrong.

That photograph you have attached is a completely and totally different protest from the one I reference. 10 seconds research tell you this. But as usual facts matter not to the far left.

My mistake, it's hard to keep up. It is funny to be lectured on 'facts' by the guy who got 66% of his list of NGOs wrong, and got his claims about the TT show completely wrong.

Did you get to clarify your source of that claim about the number and funding of NGOs?

The noose protest was led by the Freedom Party folks that you're saying aren't 'far right', right?

Tell us more about Hazel in a balaclava though. Does she appear in a video or did anyone get a picture of this?

And tell us more about Saoradh the NGO? Where's their office and website? Did anyone get their picture?

• Advertisement

eleventh wrote: »
    My answer to the question is that there was no racism in Ireland until NGOs, journalists etc invented it.
    Just like there was no sex in Ireland until Gay Byrne invented it, apparently?

I guess you didn't read any of the reports from the Mother and Baby Home inquiry about how the mothers of black or mixed race children were treated.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

We could have a Metro North and a light rail system for Cork,Galway and Limerick for the amount we hand over to NGOs every year.

its the CAP for Dublin 6

My mistake, it's hard to keep up. It is funny to be lectured on 'facts' by the guy who got 66% of his list of NGOs wrong, and got his claims about the TT show completely wrong.

Did you get to clarify your source of that claim about the number and funding of NGOs?

The noose protest was led by the Freedom Party folks that you're saying aren't 'far right', right?

Tell us more about Hazel in a balaclava though. Does she appear in a video or did anyone get a picture of this?

And tell us more about Saoradh the NGO? Where's their office and website? Did anyone get their picture?

Sorry but are you deliberately trying to get everything wrong for a laugh?

The noose protest by the Freedom Party?

No that was the National Party. As evidenced by their leader holding a huge long massive sign stating The National Party at the bottom. In a photo YOU posted. Freedom Party??? Erm.

I never said Saoradh were a NGO they were present at it they were photographed at it. The videos show it too.

Its in the videos Hazel was present protesting against free speech too that is photographed yes.

Cant be arsed rooting around for them online now trying to relax but as said they are seen in the videos on youtube.

Have a gander and see for yourself.

Sorry but are you deliberately trying to get everything wrong for a laugh?

The noose protest by the Freedom Party?

No that was the National Party. As evidenced by their leader holding a huge long massive sign stating The National Party at the bottom. In a photo YOU posted. Freedom Party??? Erm.

I never said Saoradh were a NGO they were present at it they were photographed at it. The videos show it too.

Its in the videos Hazel was present protesting against free speech too that is photographed yes.

Cant be arsed rooting around for them online now trying to relax but as said they are seen in the videos on youtube.

Have a gander and see for yourself.

Sorry, my mistake again. I always get mixed up between the People's Popular Front and the Popular People's Front. Which one is your crowd again?

Sorry, but you did say that "It was also attended by NGOs like the sex workers alliance of Ireland /Irish network against racism/Trocaire and IRA wing Saoradh. " but you're now saying that you didn't say that Soaradh was an NGO? I heard from my Granny's barber that the Soaradh presence was an extreme right false flag operation. Didn't everyone hear this?

Just to be clear, I'm not asking about Hazel speaking at the event about the hate speech legislation. I'm asking about her wearing a balaclava, as you claimed. Did you not get a picture of her in the balaclava yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Sorry, but you did say that "It was also attended by NGOs like the sex workers alliance of Ireland /Irish network against racism/Trocaire and IRA wing Saoradh. " but you're now saying that you didn't say that Soaradh was an NGO? I heard from my Granny's barber that the Soaradh presence was an extreme right false flag operation. Didn't everyone hear this?

Just to be clear, I'm not asking about Hazel speaking at the event about the hate speech legislation. I'm asking about her wearing a balaclava, as you claimed. Did you not get a picture of her in the balaclava yourself?

If you want to try drag this down a pedantic rabbit hole, that quote does not in any way state that Saoradh is an NGO, you'd need to be very thick or very disingenous to read that into it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭eleventh

I guess you didn't read any of the reports from the Mother and Baby Home inquiry about how the mothers of black or mixed race children were treated.
    I am talking on experience growing up where race was something you did with the class on sports day. It didn't exist. I wouldn't have heard of it until something in the news about South Africa probably. Even then, that was years before it started being spoken of in Ireland. It's a fairly recent thing.

Abuse definitely happened in last century Ireland and there was a lot of it, but it wasn't racial. All were abused equally.

We could have a Metro North and a light rail system for Cork,Galway and Limerick for the amount we hand over to NGOs every year.
    Invidious wrote: »
    It follows the classic pattern of making people believe in a strawman, and then profit by setting up NGOs to combat that strawman.

Just as there are more people employed by homeless charities than there are actual homeless people, I'd say there are far more people employed in NGOs dedicated to stopping the rise of the far right in Ireland than there are actual members of the far-right.

if it was even possible to eliminate every single person with "far right" tendencies in this country , the people most disappointed would be the NGO sector

witch hunters needs witches alive , not dead

Sorry, my mistake again. I always get mixed up between the People's Popular Front and the Popular People's Front. Which one is your crowd again?

Peoples popular front. That something from Rick and Morty?

For the third time Saoradh were there protesting against free speech yes. Saying they were in attendance isn't saying they are a NGO.

Another thing lad if you try delve into absurdity or satire it requires wit and the whole point of it is its suppose to be funny. It falls flat on its arze when its not.

What NGOs dedicated to stopping the rise of the far right have employees?

the one Mark Malone works for to name one

probably irelands premiere conservative ( never mind far right ) hunter

I am talking on experience growing up where race was something you did with the class on sports day. It didn't exist. I wouldn't have heard of it until something in the news about South Africa probably. Even then, that was years before it started being spoken of in Ireland. It's a fairly recent thing.

Abuse definitely happened in last century Ireland and there was a lot of it, but it wasn't racial. All were abused equally.

Would it be a huge surprise for you to learn that other people had different experiences growing up to you?

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    the one Mark Malone works for to name one

probably irelands premiere conservative ( never mind far right ) hunter

What's the NGO please?

Peoples popular front. That something from Rick and Morty?

For the third time Saoradh were there protesting against free speech yes. Saying they were in attendance isn't saying they are a NGO.

Another thing lad if you try delve into absurdity or satire it requires wit and the whole point of it is its suppose to be funny. It falls flat on its arze when its not.

Wasn't it well known that Saoradh presence was a far right false flag operation?

Still no pics of Hazel in her bally?

I'm sorry but simple logic (considering that Ireland was a very traditional country) and a predominately white nation... there would have been some racism going on. People can be quite hostile to what's different, especially against those who appear/behave very different... I suspect any black family heading into the Gaeltacht regions would likely receive quite a bit of hostility.

It comes down to numbers. In the past, the numbers were extremely low, and so they didn't have much impact and interaction with Irish society. So there wasn't going to be much racism going on, because most people never managed to encounter any other racial groups. And when they did, those encounters were likely extremely limited.

It's different now. The numbers are far higher, and they're not staying in the main population centers. And as much as those here don't want to admit it, many Irish people have their own negative experiences with migrants, or they're aware of the numbers of black migrants who end up on welfare or other supplements. Which, in turn, will decrease the welcome that those migrants receive, and racism will likely rise, because people are getting a little tired of being expected to be charitable all the time.

The NGOs are making a mistake by pushing the racism line, because all they're doing is feeding the resentment or bitterness that many Irish people have about what their taxes are being spent on, and the problems that are appearing from multiculturalism.

The question isn't about 'running society', it is about 'running Boards.ie'.

There's a real question for Boards owners as to whether they want to be the platform of choice for far right extremists.

Choosing not to platform certain extreme views isn't 'censorship'. It's just choosing not to give a platform to certain extreme views.

Ah, I get it now. If they are far-right extremists, we should ignore them and not let them get inside our heads. If they are far-left extremists (in your opinion), we should go out of our way to learn more about them just so we can post offended posts on Boards.ie complaining about them.

Yes, I think I see the difference now.

" not to platform " is just progressive speak for censorship and shutting down opinions you dont like

who gets to decide what constitutes " far right or extreme views " ?

let me guess , people like you

thats what makes the proposed " hate crime " laws so dangerous

1. they will be aimed entirely towards conservatives

2. the terms of those " hate speech " laws will be drawn up entirely by left wingers

What's the NGO please?

As if you don't know. You two are close on Twitter.

• Advertisement

" not to platform " is just progressive speak for censorship and shutting down opinions you dont like

2. the terms of those " hate speech " laws will be drawn up entirely by left wingers

Fascists in other Worlds. You can tart it up anyway you want but thats what censoring speech is. These people are so stupid they don't even realise their own speech be censored eventually. They don't see further than their nose. Incredibly naive.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,123 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Fascists in other Worlds. You can tart it up anyway you want but thats what censoring speech is. These people are so stupid they don't even realise their own speech be censored eventually. They don't see further than their nose. Incredibly naive.

I just picked a few of "these people" you can pick any you like too.

SIPTU, UNITE Irish Nurses and Midwives Organisation - devious fascists, stupid and incredibly naive all at the same time.

Having some knowledge of these three unions I can testify to the work they have done to improve the lot of workers over generations.

Appears to need further debate at least.

Also this crowd, mentioned obliquely above ref. Mark Malone who don't seem to pose a threat to our democracy to me but if there is any evidence I'll listen

https://comhlamh.org/about-us/

As if you don't know. You two are close on Twitter.

There is no NGO, is there?

The NGOs are making a mistake by pushing the racism line, because all they're doing is feeding the resentment or bitterness that many Irish people have about what their taxes are being spent on, and the problems that are appearing from multiculturalism.

Resentment and bitterness that many Irish people have?

How exactly did you determine this?

No, "not to platform" is exactly what it says on the tin, which is presumably why you're so agitated by it.

It's fairly simple really, just platform operators deciding that it's not good for business to provide a platform for hateful racists.

It's pretty effective too, which is another reason for your level of agitation.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,493 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Which NGOs campaign against having two holidays a year and a Mercedes in your driveway?

Any that demand that we be relieved of more of our income via higher taxation to give to people who have not earned it themselves... lessening our ability to do so.

There is no NGO, is there?

You mean this fella? Spends his days disrupting anti paedophile rallies and doxxing people on Twitter calling anyone he disagrees with a racist/fascist/Nazi and or white supremicist.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aSlyIjyl7Vw

You mean this fella? Spends his days disrupting anti paedophile rallies and doxxing people on Twitter calling anyone he disagrees with a racist/fascist/Nazi and or white supremicist.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aSlyIjyl7Vw

So there is no NGO, is there?

You do seem very well connected to far right social media circles.

It looks like quite a few of your buddies think you might have a case of mistaken identity.

Personally, I suspect it was a false flag operation by extreme right organizations.

So there is no NGO, is there?

INAR. Hes also the head crusty off the unemployable dregs in Antifa.

Don't know why you love him so much anyway

Heres a post of his on Twitter from 11th Febuary.

"When challenged about his 'all lives matter' spiel given its a specific troupe taken up by white supremacists in the US to deny deep structural racism - and to support fashy cops- FG's Joe Kavanagh pushed back. What a complete dick." End quote

Someone is a white supremacist now if they say all lifes matter.

Thats the level of lunacy you admire.

• Advertisement

Strumms wrote: »
    Any that demand that we be relieved of more of our income via higher taxation to give to people who have not earned it themselves... lessening our ability to do so.

Surely given your enthusiasm for "living in a democracy", you'd be happy with higher taxes implemented by a democratically elected government?

But again, which NGOs are you referring to?

Advertisement