Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honor X3 to replace Vodafone Gigabox (Sercomm VOX30)

Options
  • 12-02-2021 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

I have a Vodafone Gigabox (Sercomm VOX30) with FTTH (100Mbits). I am also using an old router as an access point connected by ethernet and have a pretty strong WiFi signal anywhere in the house where it matters. Frequently though, I have some smart-home devices loosing connection and needing to reconnect. My Hubitat hub also seems to have issues getting online.

I have two Honor X3 Pro routers on the way at the moment. As these are just routers, I am hoping that if I put the Gigabox in Bridge Mode then use one of the X3 Routers to take over the DHCP operations and eliminate or at least reduce these disconnections. Am I correct in this, or will the DHCP still be handled by the Gigabox? The other X3 router will be used as an additional access point.

Thanks for any help received, alternative suggestions would also be very welcome.

Advertisement