Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chinese New Year

• 12-02-2021 5:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭

Year of the Ox.

Becoming a bit of a thing here. Anyone doing anything for it? Meal drinks etc..

Do you do anything for Chinese new year? 17 votes

No. Don't take any notice.
    88% 15 votes
    Yes. know of it do some celebration
    11% 2 votes
    Know about it for my Horoscope might do something
    0% 0 votes
    Not really but am aware and would celebrate if it suited.
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭dmc17

saabsaab wrote: »
    Year of the Ox.

Becoming a bit of a thing here. Anyone doing anything for it? Meal drinks etc..

Nah, might just stay in to celebrate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

I'll be looking for as many boardsies as possible to give me some red envelopes !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭saabsaab

I'll be looking for as many boardsies as possible to give me some red envelopes !

'Brown Envelopes' maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Trying to avoid catching COVID-19. Thanks China.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

tenor.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Ramasun

Let's hope it's better than the year of the rat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

I have a few friends over there because I have spent a lot of time there for work. I sent them good wishes yesterday. I wouldn't say I celebrate it. I might order some Chinese tonight, just to do something different. God, I hate lockdown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,154 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Not tonight but I’ll pick up a Chinese on Sunday, will throw a bottle of wine over the counter and wish them well then.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Relikk

Couldn't give a bollocks about Chinese new year, to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Not tonight but I’ll pick up a Chinese on Sunday, will throw a bottle of wine over the counter and wish them well then.

Throwing a bottle of wine at them will be classed as assault methinks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,154 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Throwing a bottle of wine at them will be classed as assault methinks

It’ll be in one of those gift bags. With the mask on they could never really know it was me.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,917 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

My boss is Chinese. She's booked some time off. That's about the height of it for me.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,600 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Year of the bat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,558 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Its not Chinese new year, It's Lunar new year. Juts happens to be the Chinese that are the nation with most people who celebrate it.

Nope. I find the Spring Festival to be extremely boring. Celebrating one new year is enough for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Usually, we pop over to my parents in law for dinner and a few beers

Advertisement