Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question on unused new latop

• 12-02-2021 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Hi
    I bought a HP Omen gaming PC January 2020 and have used only once or twice. I really wont be using until college in September and was wondering am i neglecting it by not using it all the time or will it still be as good as new come September.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭bewareofthedog

Hi
    I bought a HP Omen gaming PC January 2020 and have used only once or twice. I really wont be using until college in September and was wondering am i neglecting it by not using it all the time or will it still be as good as new come September.
    Thanks

It will be good as new, a laptop isn't going to deteriorate physically because of lack of use, the opposite is true in fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭The Witches Cat

It will be good as new, a laptop isn't going to deteriorate physically because of lack of use, the opposite is true in fact.
    Hi Thanks for that
    I mean software wise will it be ok or should i run it from time to time for updates.
    Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭bewareofthedog

Hi Thanks for that
    I mean software wise will it be ok or should i run it from time to time for updates.
    Thanks again

Should be grand really. They'll probably be a few windows updates to install, sure turn it on and leave it idle a few hours then restart and you should be up to date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Take it for a 20 minute spin once a fortnight....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

dinneenp wrote: »
    Take it for a 20 minute spin once a fortnight....
    Change the glow plugs and filters if it’s a bit slow starting up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement