Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

5 Hole Bath Shower Mixer

• 12-02-2021 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi,

I am looking to replace a 5 hole Bath Shower Mixer. There is nothing wrong with it except that it is so slow to fill the bath ~ 12L/min. There is no blockages in the taps or the diverter. My water pressure is 3 bar and each 3/4" pipe for hot and cold supply about 30 L/min each so that 60 L/min combined going to the Bath/Shower mixer. However, what comes out the bath filler is approx. 12L/min....so slow.

I bought a new 5 hole one after Christmas that claimed 35 L/min from the spout at 3 bar which it never even gets close to

Doing some tests of the individual components shows:
    * Flow through tap (stop valve) @ 18 L/min out of available 30L/min
    * Flow through spout (connected directly to 3/4" cold) @ 24 L/min out of available 30L/min
    * Flow through diverter (direct from taps) @ 17 L/min out of available 60L/min

Looking online, it is difficult to find the flow rates of the different 5 hole mixers available but the majority do seem to 'claim' around 20 L/min.

Al these mixers seem to be quarter turn valves - is the problem that these are using the quarter turn ceramic vales? If so, is it possible to replace them with compression valves or some other type of cartridge?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Advertisement