Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COVID-19: Vaccine and testing procedures Megathread Part 3 - Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭landofthetree

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Deathofcool

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Am I missing something?

That graph
    A) only accounts for 12 million doses, which even if 2 mill are J&J, is not enough, unless 35% of Sweden are under 16
    B)factors in vaccines that haven't been approved yet.

If I'm wrong great, but I'm not seeing how that's going to vaccinate everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

They've included two unapproved vaccines in there, J&J looks good for April deliveries but Curevac is still unknown. AFAIK it will report data next month but that makes it very tight for approval and to start delivering in April. I prefer our own setting targets but responding to a fluid situation approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Yeah I'd be very surprised if Curevac started delivering in April.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Just noticed that the ECDC have updated their Vaccine Tracker dashboard.

It shows Ireland as having administered 291,463 total vaccines.

chrome_th2FvRmJTT.png

No data on target groups for Ireland yet.

If that figure is correct up to and including Tuesday, that's a difference of 19,521 indicating almost 10k doses per day so far this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

is_that_so wrote: »
    If you are a journalist and tweet it is. HSE have the MVC as fluid and subject to change but it feeds the pent up outrage.

A lot of true colours being revealed on Twitter at the moment. The journos can't find any red meat and are raging. The government can point to Brussels for the supply issues and most reasonable people have accepted that. So they are resorting to this much-ado-about-nothing 'vaccination centers scandal'.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Just noticed that the ECDC have updated their Vaccine Tracker dashboard.

It shows Ireland as having administered 291,463 total vaccines.

chrome_th2FvRmJTT.png

No data on target groups for Ireland yet.

If that figure is correct up to and including Tuesday, that's a difference of 19,521 indicating almost 10k doses per day so far this week!

Planned vacinations this week are around 80k so yeah will need to be 10k plus most days

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mark1916

• Registered Users Posts: 13,913 ✭✭✭✭josip

Mark1916 wrote: »

"Sharply" increased.
    Drill in further it says "drastically" increased.
    Could they ever stop the PR shoite and give us the FCUKING NUMBERS !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,619 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

coffeyt wrote: »
    Question 're the 65-69 age group I was wondering if anyone has some insight as I know someone who is 69 and so I assume would be getting the Oxford\Astra Zeneca jab. However I've been speaking to her and realised that with the 12 week gap between doses she will end up being 70 by the time she is due the second jab. (Which would put her in the category of NPETs advice 're getting the Pfizer instead)

Does anyone have any idea what would be recommended in her case?

I'd imagine the chances are it'll be the AZ vaccines, remembering that about 5% of 65-69 year olds will be turning 70 within 12 weeks (100/(5*4)), the up to 69 age range will be conservative already, and actually probably means that the data up to the average 75-79 year old is good, but this covers people with weaker immune systems for their age, and handles those who turn 70 during the rollout.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

A lot of true colours being revealed on Twitter at the moment. The journos can't find any red meat and are raging. The government can point to Brussels for the supply issues and most reasonable people have accepted that. So they are resorting to this much-ado-about-nothing 'vaccination centers scandal'.
    Even though many of us were critical of the delayed start (and I still think that was an own goal), you can only judge the Government/HSE on how quickly they have got the vaccines from the arrival of the shipment into people's arms. And they have done a great job so far - other countries have large amounts of vaccine sitting around undistributed.

The raging by some commentators about why we are not doing 24x7 vaccines or vaccinating a million people a week shows either complete ignorance that we are supply constrained or is a deliberate attempt to whip up public anger using misinformation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

hmmm wrote: »
    Even though many of us were critical of the delayed start (and I still think that was an own goal), you can only judge the Government/HSE on how quickly they have got the vaccines from the arrival of the shipment into people's arms. And they have done a great job so far - other countries have large amounts of vaccine sitting around undistributed.

The raging by some commentators about why we are not doing 24x7 vaccines or vaccinating a million people a week shows either complete ignorance that we are supply constrained or is a deliberate attempt to whip up public anger using misinformation.

I totally agree and don't forget to add to list, the people assuming the HSE would botch up the rollout, as if it was the first time they ran a vaccination campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭eoinbn

Swedens expected delivery schedule

Snip

Those figures seem way off. Pfizer BioNtech will be ramping up throughout the quarter. The same for J&J and Astrazeneca. Curevac probably won't have anything in April and I would probably only in small numbers late in the quarter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

Does anyone else m follow the sputnik v twitter account, it's hilarious.

I think putin himself writes the messages on it.

I do think it's an excellent vaccine, (from what we know)

But the propaganda and anti West rhetoric is laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,357 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Does anyone else m follow the sputnik v twitter account, it's hilarious.

I think putin himself writes the messages on it.

I do think it's an excellent vaccine, (from what we know)

But the propaganda and anti West rhetoric is laughable.

God thats so cringe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Vicxas wrote: »
    God thats so cringe

What perplexes me about sputnik is that none of the people calling for us to use it seem to ever say what the availability of it is. I suspect that availability is not great, because I suspect that if it was available in quantities we'd hear about it.

One great big red herring.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

astrofool wrote: »
    I'd imagine the chances are it'll be the AZ vaccines, remembering that about 5% of 65-69 year olds will be turning 70 within 12 weeks (100/(5*4)), the up to 69 age range will be conservative already, and actually probably means that the data up to the average 75-79 year old is good, but this covers people with weaker immune systems for their age, and handles those who turn 70 during the rollout.

They've been dishing out the AZ vaccine to health and social care workers today. We are some distance yet from the 60-70 bracket (probably Pfizer I would guess). Great to see the vaccination numbers finally trend upwards and better news coming on supply. Also the EC seems to be moving more in earnest now to secure + authorise further doses for variant boosters. They just needed that pressure from the beginning from member States.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭Cork2021

This is interesting, pharmacies gearing up for vaccination

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLZyPEFF6aI/?igshid=m4bjeltp49wt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Cork2021 wrote: »

I actually spoke with a pharmacist today as part of my course work and got a presentation on the pharmacist’s role in the vaccine rollout. People will register online and be assigned to a pharmacy/GP/MVC depending on their address. The pharmacists are currently being trained however there is some issues at the moment as the PSI are reserving training only for pharmacists with at least a year’s experience doing flu jabs.

I got some photos of the vaccine registration system today from the briefing i mentioned above. Not sure if pictures of it have been shared before but they're attached anyway.
    544030.png
    544031.png

I got some photos of the vaccine registration system today from the briefing i mentioned above. Not sure if pictures of it have been shared before but they're attached anyway.
    544030.png
    544031.png

Any idea when it’s going live?

Cork2021 wrote: »
    Any idea when it’s going live?
    I think Group 6 & 7 are the first to use it when their turn comes

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Thanks. Few more bits on here as well from a HCW point of view, but similar experience.

https://www.hse.ie/eng/health/immunisation/hcpinfo/covid19vaccineinfo4hps/using-the-covid-19-vaccines-registration-portal.html#using-the-portal

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I hope its an elastic cloud based system

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

The blurb is for frontline healthcare workers so seems more like group 2 or group 4 for the first users.

The blurb is for frontline healthcare workers so seems more like group 2 or group 4 for the first users.

Its in private use for ages. The poster asked when will it be live, ie for the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭brickster69

Germany has a 750,000 Az gathering dust as the population don't want to use it for some reason. Why don't the government get in touch to take some fro them and get half a million under 65's jabbed

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

544030.png
    544031.png

Can I ask you a favour ?
    I cant read it properly but can see reference to Anaphylaxis ? Could you read what it asks and write it out for me ?
    Thanks in advance

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement