Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COVID-19: Vaccine and testing procedures Megathread Part 3 - Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭adam240610

https://twitter.com/COVID19DataIE/status/1380091048387567616?s=20

Should see good numbers for the remainder of the week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Should break the 1m doses mark today, if we didn't already do so yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Should break the 1m doses mark today, if we didn't already do so yesterday.

Apparently the 1m mark was hit yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Stark wrote: »

Today it seems.

https://twitter.com/paulreiddublin/status/1380063004004380672?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Stark wrote: »

Would mean we averaged ~30k Tuesday and Wednesday, good figures. Definitely need to see the ramp up this week and beyond if they want to hit their monthly targets. They can't be blaming low deliveries from now on.

Meh, just noticed the tweet above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭irishlad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Corholio wrote: »

Is that 19% for dose 1 by end of this week or today, because it is a big jump from 13.4% on Monday?

Is that 19% for dose 1 by end of this week or today, because it is a big jump from 13.4% on Monday?

It's based on eligible/adult population.
    So it would be a jump from about 10% to 19%
    I think. It's hard when they start using different % based on total population or adult population.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Yeah called Sputnik.

I admire your optimism for a scam vaccine but no it pretty much just proves there's massive issues with it if the substance they've provided differs from what they've submitted data for.

It'll never be approved in that case

You're quick to jump to conclusions.

It's all political. The outrage in Slovakia at the sputnik deal was faux outrage courtesy of opposition politicians and the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The 13.4% on that Twitter account is based on the entire population (including children).

That 19% is based on the "eligible population", i.e. everyone over 16.

The figure on Monday of "eligible" was 17.3%.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

You're quick to jump to conclusions.

It's all political. The outrage in Slovakia at the sputnik deal was faux outrage courtesy of opposition politicians and the EU.

Quick to jump to conclusions....

Their own version of our HPRA says what they've received in the vials isn't the same as what the data has been submitted for.

I'm sorry but it's nothing to do with any deal, they've literally got a vaccine that isn't what the data was submitted for to which those behind Sputnik have replied saying that it's fake news and that there are "enemies of Sputnik V in Slovakia". I mean come on....

So who do we believe, the Slovakian medicines agency who are part of the EU and involved in the EMA or Russia who look like their selling a dud to Slovakia

Their own version of our HPRA says what they've received in the vials isn't the same as what the data has been submitted for.
    This is being strongly refuted. Are you sure of your facts?

This is being strongly refuted. Are you sure of your facts?

Sure of my facts... feel free to give it a Google there, plenty of articles going around.

By strongly refuted are you referencing that the reply was "enemies of Sputnik V in Slovakia".... yeah thats a strong rebuttal when someone says what you've supplied them isn't what they expected.

"The Slovak State Institute for Drugs Control cannot adopt an expert stance on the ratio of benefits and risks surrounding the Sputnik V vaccine without sufficient evidence, and it is missing such evidence due to incomplete data from the manufacturer and the inconsistency of individual batches"

• Registered Users Posts: 16,619 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

AZ has a 12 week dosing interval and we only started using it in early Feb.
    Up to yesterday's numbers we had at least 135k doses unused (205k doses used)

The problem is cohort 4 is very slow to identify and get vaccinated and that's who the backlog of AZ is earmarked for at the moment.

They should rocket through it in the mass vaccination centres for the 65-69 year olds but that's nearly 2 weeks away which is kinda frustrating since it's sitting there in the mean time.

I think cohort 4 has been a bit of a mistake, we're just not digitised enough to roll out an ambiguous group quickly, would have been better to either just go with age based, or go with strict criteria that doesn't change (where that criteria is that you're identified by a certain date which would have avoided all the people who remembered they had a chronic illlness but haven't been getting treated for it)

Sure of my facts... feel free to give it a Google there, plenty of articles going around.

By strongly refuted are you referencing that the reply was "enemies of Sputnik V in Slovakia".... yeah thats a strong rebuttal when someone says what you've supplied them isn't what they expected.

"The Slovak State Institute for Drugs Control cannot adopt an expert stance on the ratio of benefits and risks surrounding the Sputnik V vaccine without sufficient evidence, and it is missing such evidence due to incomplete data from the manufacturer and the inconsistency of individual batches"

You were implying that the Russian's supplied a fake vaccine.

The other coalition members went nuts because he bypassed the EU. This vaccine has 98% efficacy.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55900622

This is political.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

This is political.

Yeah, just like AZ was political :rolleyes:

The other coalition members went nuts because he bypassed the EU. This vaccine has 98% efficacy.

This is political.

What's in the vials is not what was submitted to the Lancet so no point in throwing in a link to the BBC which quotes it, its pretty straightforward to understand.

Slovakia expected x in the vials they've looked at it and tested it and got y.

What's so hard to understand?

What's in the vials is not what was submitted, its pretty straightforward to understand

Where did they say that?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Slovakia receive vials that don’t match the actual vaccines make-up -> “POLITICAL”

Where did they say that?

"Slovakia's drug agency Sukl says 'Sputnik V' vaccine batches delivered to the country do not have the same characteristics as batches used in The Lancet magazine studies"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

astrofool wrote: »
    I think cohort 4 has been a bit of a mistake, we're just not digitised enough to roll out an ambiguous group quickly, would have been better to either just go with age based, or go with strict criteria that doesn't change (where that criteria is that you're identified by a certain date which would have avoided all the people who remembered they had a chronic illlness but haven't been getting treated for it)
    They are still a vulnerable group and it's a sensible call, even if they miss some. They'll eventually pick up enough of them for it to be deemed complete. With Group 7 to follow there's a reasonable chance to get more of them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

is_that_so wrote: »
    They are still a vulnerable group and it's a sensible call, even if they miss some. They'll eventually pick up enough of them for it to be deemed complete. With Group 7 to follow there's a reasonable chance to get more of them anyway.

I think it should be done alongside at least one more big easy to find cohort, especially now that vaccine supply has arrived. I think the HSE have messed up a bit by not getting the 65-69 year olds registered last week and starting on them this week.

It's not a huge delay in the grand scheme of things and maybe Cohorts 4's numbers this week will surprise me, but somehow I doubt it.

(There's a large dollop of hindsight is 20:20 about this too).

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I think it should be done alongside at least one more big easy to find cohort, especially now that vaccine supply has arrived. I think the HSE have messed up a bit by not getting the 65-69 year olds registered last week and starting on them this week.

It's not a huge delay in the grand scheme of things and maybe Cohorts 4's numbers this week will surprise me, but somehow I doubt it.

(There's a large dollop of hindsight is 20:20 about this too).
    Well TBF they are doing 6 groups at once and the 65-69 group are pencilled in to start soon. I'd put an awful lot of this so-called mess down to supplies.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,913 ✭✭✭✭josip

This is political.

Only if the dial goes all the way to 110 :)
    https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(21)00191-4/fulltext
    Which in Putin's Russia, it probably does.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭noplacehere

There has been months to get that cohort 4 identified but they didn’t instruct anyone or start creating the data base until literally a few weeks ago. Completely and utterly ridiculous. They could have had a portal open in January. Created a strict clear set of criteria and require us all to have uploaded a letter from the GP or consultant as we registered. We’d have been ready to go.

This is totally on the HSE. I mean no one knew anything no matter who I contacted until I suddenly got a text from Blanchardstown with about 30hrs notice for the jab. I didn’t even know I was on their books for it. I’ve since been offered another one through a different consultant

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

My Dad (67, immunocompromised so presumably cohort 4) just got a call from his GP to expect to receive a text for an appointment at the Radisson MVC in Limerick for today or tomorrow, such short notice but absolutely delighted all the same.

He is more than happy to get the Astrazeneca vaccine bar the 12 week wait until the 2nd dose.

I'm delighted anyway, my mum is a HCW and is getting her second AZ dose at the end of the month, big relief to have both parents vaccinated, even 1 dose reduces the risks massively.

Pharmacists probably could have identified those in cohort 4 or 7 quicker based on prescriptions.
    Seems there's alot of paperwork involved with prescriptions until you get to the chemist when it's finally entered into a computer system (based on my experience only)
    They have the capability to identify, contact and administer a vaccine for those cohorts.

1huge1 wrote: »
    My Dad (67, immunocompromised so presumably cohort 4) just got a call from his GP to expect ro receive a text for an appointment at the Radisson MVC in Limerick for today or tomorrow, such short notice but absolutely delighted all the same.

He is more than happy to get the Astrazeneca vaccine bar the 12 week wait until the 2nd dose.

I'm delighted anyway, my mum is a HCW and is getting her second AZ dose at the end of the month, big relief to have both parents vaccinated, even 1 dose reduces the risks massively.

Delighted to hear. Best wishes to all.

My own grandmother is fully vaccinated about 3 weeks now and you can see the difference in how she's goes about things now. It's great to see, so much more confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Could the Sputnik issue get split off into a new thread? I have a feeling that this is going to run and run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

Wolf359f wrote: »
    Pharmacists probably could have identified those in cohort 4 or 7 quicker based on prescriptions.
    Seems there's alot of paperwork involved with prescriptions until you get to the chemist when it's finally entered into a computer system (based on my experience only)
    They have the capability to identify, contact and administer a vaccine for those cohorts.

Thinking outside the box, pity a few of the people in charge couldn't do this! At the very least the "High-Tech" prescription scheme could have been used to gather a lot of names, seeing as you need to be registered with your PPS number for that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement