Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COVID-19: Vaccine and testing procedures Megathread Part 3 - Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

GT89 wrote: »
    Wtf they're talking now about letting "non-essiential" shops and hairdressers open next month but only for those who've gotten the shot. This is coercion to get people to take the vaccine I warned about this months and people didn't believe me.

First they said the vaccine wouldn't be mandatory and it would be completely up to you if you wished to take it or not and you could do whatever you liked whether you took it or not then that became no vaccine no foreign travel then that became no vaccine no hospitality now no vaccine no haircut or no going to non essiential shops. What's next vaccines will be required to travel on the bus or go to a supermarket or even vaccine will be required just to leave your gaff. This is insanity.

I'm guessing the reason why they're trying to coercise people into taking the shot is because a sizeable amount of people like myself don't want to take it so they need to try and force people to take it by only allowing the vaccinated partake in most everyday activities. In my opinion any business that enforces masks or vaccines should be boycotted. Regardless if you agree with vaccines or not.

I think it's great, it means decent people won't have to interact with anti-vaxxers like yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 12,602 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Are they giving over 70's the Astra zennica vaccine, my mother is a worried as family history of strokes? Sorry if wrong thread to ask

• Registered Users Posts: 16,619 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Are they giving over 70's the Astra zennica vaccine, my mother is a worried as family history of strokes? Sorry if wrong thread to ask

I think the answer is generally not, but sometimes yes. There doesn't seem to have been any issues with over 70's and AZ, I would tell your mother not to worry in the slightest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

I think it's great, it means decent people won't have to interact with anti-vaxxers like yourself

I'm not an anti vaxxer I am a person who's not interested in taking the covid vaccine simple. I'm entitled to my view vaccines were never mandatory in Ireland for anything so why now?

Micky 32 wrote: »
    I think it’s great to see this happen. On my travels I’m meeting too many smart arse antivaxxers for my liking. It’s because of those people that normality could be jeopardised. Stadiums etc are all being discussed too, great to see. Expect to see more of this happening.

Normality has already returned in Florida and Texas without any vaccine passports

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

I'm not an anti vaxxer I am a person who's not interested in taking the covid vaccine simple. I'm entitled to my view vaccines were never mandatory in Ireland for anything so why now?

They are mandatory? When was this law passed?

They are mandatory? When was this law passed?

There's talk of it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Normality has already returned in Florida and Texas without any vaccine passports

Did you not see what happened here last Xmas? We are at risk of it happening again if we don’t get vaccinated.

There's talk of it

Have you a link where mandatory vaccination is being talked about in Ireland?

Have you a link where mandatory vaccination is being talked about in Ireland?

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40260956.html

• Advertisement

Did you not see what happened here last Xmas? We are at risk of it happening again if we don’t get vaccinated.

Nothing happened last Xmas. Are you thinking of January where we bombarded with fearmongering propaganda from the msm. Again vaccines are not mandatory in fully open Texas and Florida and those places are doing just fine how is Ireland any different?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭snowcat

I think it’s great to see this happen. On my travels I’m meeting too many smart arse antivaxxers for my liking. It’s because of those people that normality could be jeopardised. Stadiums etc are all being discussed too, great to see. Expect to see more of this happening.

I am anti drug. Not an anti vaxxer. I dont believe in headache tablets and all the other ones that are sold. I believe in a good diet and organic non mod dna foods. I have an organic farm that works quite well without drugs. Pharma drugs have caused much more problems than anything else on this planet. I wont eat Geneticatally modified foods so as a corallary i wont take genetically modified/altered drugs

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-venezuela-politics-idUSKBN2BU35K

snowcat wrote: »
    I am anti drug. Not an anti vaxxer. I dont believe in headache tablets and all the other ones that are sold. I believe in a good diet and organic non mod dna foods. I have an organic farm that works quite well without drugs. Pharma drugs have caused much more problems than anything else on this planet. I wont eat Geneticatally modified foods so as a corallary i wont take genetically modified/altered drugs

What’s that got to do with the less freedoms you’ll have compared to me when I’m vaccinated? :confused:

I'm not anti vaccine or anti mask I just believe people should have the right to choose if they want to wear a mask or not or take a vaccine or not

There’s nothing mentioned in there about mandatory vaccines.

I'm not anti vaccine or anti mask I just believe people should have the right to choose if they want to wear a mask or not or take a vaccine or not

Even if it prevented life and the economy getting back to normal?

Nothing happened last Xmas. Are you thinking of January where we bombarded with fearmongering propaganda from the msm. Again vaccines are not mandatory in fully open Texas and Florida and those places are doing just fine how is Ireland any different?

On average, Ireland's mortality rate is 42% less that that of Florida and Texas.

What’s that got to do with the less freedoms you’ll have compared to me when I’m vaccinated? :confused:

It is indeed a slipperly slope we are going down. The star of David was mentioned in a recent radio brodcast. Stamps on front doors.

Even if it prevented life and the economy getting back to normal?

Again life is back to normal in Texas and Florida without either

On average, Ireland's mortality rate is 42% less that that of Florida and Texas.

You know where else has 42% higher death rate than Ireland. California which has one of the strictest lockdowns in the US.

• Advertisement

7,000 new cases of Covid-19 in Florida yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,619 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I am anti drug. Not an anti vaxxer.

Lucky for you, vaccines are not a drug! Isn't that great, now you can happily take one knowing full well that it's not a drug. Congratulations!

astrofool wrote: »
    Lucky for you, vaccines are not a drug! Isn't that great, now you can happily take one knowing full well that it's not a drug. Congratulations!

Not sure if serious..

At a very high cost of infections and death. If we don’t take the vaccines we’ll be in forever lockdowns plain and simple we are not back to normal.. Our economy is shut down haven’t you noticed??? Just give over i simply have no time for anti vaxxers. As Leo said vaccinated people will enjoy more freedoms, so if you’re ok with that don’t take the vaccine then.

At a very high cost of infections and death. If we don’t take the vaccines we’ll be in forever lockdowns plain and simple we are not back to normal.. Our economy is shut down haven’t you noticed??? Give over i simply have no time for anti vaxxers. As Leo said vaccinated people will enjoy more freedoms, so if you’re ok with that don’t take the vaccine then.

We have been in lockdown for over a year. The vax's even if they work are not going to end lockdown. Variants will ensure that. Vaxes work for 6 months..thats it..India will ensure that we have many times the variants europe experienced. They are only ramping up their covid cases

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

We have been in lockdown for over a year. The vax's even if they work are not going to end lockdown. Variants will ensure that. Vaxes work for 6 months..thats it..India will ensure that we have many times the variants europe experienced. They are only ramping up their covid cases

"Vaccines work for 6 months... that's it"

Care to provide something to back up that statement with seeing as this is the vaccine thread ?

The length of vaccine protection is currently unknown, those who were in the trials are still showing very strong protection after 6 months, they will continue to be monitored for said protection going forward.

This thread is drifting way off topic tonight as an observation

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Just make up any oul sh1te and post it...sure why not.

zuutroy wrote: »

Works for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

zuutroy wrote: »

Unbelievable isn't it

• Advertisement

At a very high cost of infections and death. If we don’t take the vaccines we’ll be in forever lockdowns plain and simple we are not back to normal.. Our economy is shut down haven’t you noticed??? Just give over i simply have no time for anti vaxxers. As Leo said vaccinated people will enjoy more freedoms, so if you’re ok with that don’t take the vaccine then.

Yes and I am against lockdowns because they are not nessecary nor are vaccine passports. Take the vaccine you are safe no need to worry if others take it or not. I want protection from corona for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement