Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COVID-19: Vaccine and testing procedures Megathread Part 3 - Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Looks like they've reduced the lag time on reporting from 3 days to 2 days?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Stark wrote: »
    Looks like they've reduced the lag time on reporting from 3 days to 2 days?

I think Paul Reid said it will be reduced to one day next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

vienne86 wrote: »
    I think Paul Reid said it will be reduced to one day next week.

Yeah 24hrs but I'd still expect a bit of lag with data being uploaded etc. Numbers for previous days could fluctuate a good bit etc

• Registered Users Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Those numbers are still rather low if we're aiming to do 800k+ this month. Putting a lot of pressure on the remaining weeks to pick up the slack

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

CureVac approval could come, in May, which is earlier than expected according to this Bloomberg article here (paywall).

- “We’re already very far advanced in the third phase of clinical trials and are awaiting data for the final application package,”.
    - CNBC say that CureVac are awaiting final data to start the expedited regulatory approval process. This is expected late April or Early May.
    - CureVac are also working with Musk’s Tesla Inc. on a vaccine printer, which the Tesla CEO called “an important product for the world”.

Sounds like late May or early June for EMA approval. Hopefully we will get supply shortly thereafter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭irishlad.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cUZy6AMCwuA2zhtRuKK7cqMVgmhdDsGsZrFWJTkw9DY/edit#gid=502588836

Looks like we're on track to hit this week's target of 120/125k, provided we have a 30k day tomorrow.

Next week will be the acid test, when the target is 180/190k

• Registered Users Posts: 18,211 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

irishlad. wrote: »
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cUZy6AMCwuA2zhtRuKK7cqMVgmhdDsGsZrFWJTkw9DY/edit#gid=502588836

Looks like we're on track to hit this week's target of 120/125k, provided we have a 30k day tomorrow.

Next week will be the acid test, when the target is 180/190k

What are the chances we have 30k on a Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

First doses has gone up 1% and second doses up 0.5% since yesterday suggesting ~45k have been added on. Given only 29k were administered on Wednesday looks like some have been added onto the previous days.
    https://twitter.com/irelandvaccine/status/1380831436975013892?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭trellheim

fk sake AZ delivery cut by 50% this weeks' deliveries

https://www.ft.com/content/df5020f4-461e-443e-8d55-f3234690d049

Gets worse the more of that article you read lol

• Advertisement

First doses has gone up 1% and second doses up 0.5% since yesterday suggesting ~45k have been added on. Given only 29k were administered on Wednesday looks like some have been added onto the previous days.
    https://twitter.com/irelandvaccine/status/1380831436975013892?s=21

Yeah definitely looks like some delayed reporting has come through

trellheim wrote: »

1 batch won't have progressed through QA in time for the delivery date next week so can't be released for delivery. Expected to be included in the next delivery.

It's not a yield issue etc so it's different to their previous reasoning but it's another example of their unreliability to stick to schedules.

Knocks about 10k off our delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

They've given two days data at once and the reporting lag is now smaller.

They've given two days data at once and the reporting lag is now smaller.

It's to be 24hrs from next week but it looks like other days have been updated also, delayed reporting. Not much now but shows how daily figures are updated regularly and the weekly numbers are a better indication.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭quokula

Saw this article on RTE this morning about GPs starting to vaccinate vulnerable under-65s. It says 1,100 GPs are participating, what percentage of GPs is that and what happens to people who's GP isn't participating?

I know I qualify for this category based on the criteria, but I also know I have next to no medical records in Ireland because I was living in the UK for a long time. I called my GP last week and they weren't particularly helpful, the receptionist said they'd "take a note of it" but that they're just vaccinating the older groups for the forseeable future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

trellheim wrote: »

Meh, they'll deliver it the following week. FT sh!t stirring.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭gallyind

Looks like the data is catching up

Ireland is now well below the EU average, so ive were all getting the doses per capitial, explain how were well below, when we were ahead of the eu

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

gallyind wrote: »
    Ireland is now well below the EU average, so ive were all getting the doses per capitial, explain how were well below, when we were ahead of the eu

Well below.... We're 0.02% below the EU average ffs.
    There's very little difference now between rates within the EU (bar a few outliers) countries are literally a day ahead or a day behind. Shows just how fair the vaccine distribution has been.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭gallyind

Wolf359f wrote: »
    Well below.... We're 0.02% below the EU average ffs.
    There's very little difference now between rates within the EU (bar a few outliers) countries are literally a day ahead or a day behind. Shows just how fair the vaccine distribution has been.

no were 0.5% behind

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

gallyind wrote: »
    no were 0.5% behind

EU: 20.48 (April 9th)
    IRL: 20.46 (April 8th)

Even if we were 0.5 behind, that's a day behind. Which will happen depending on what days countries get deliveries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,559 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

quokula wrote: »
    Saw this article on RTE this morning about GPs starting to vaccinate vulnerable under-65s. It says 1,100 GPs are participating, what percentage of GPs is that and what happens to people who's GP isn't participating?

I know I qualify for this category based on the criteria, but I also know I have next to no medical records in Ireland because I was living in the UK for a long time. I called my GP last week and they weren't particularly helpful, the receptionist said they'd "take a note of it" but that they're just vaccinating the older groups for the forseeable future.

Same, and I'm registered with a GP, where I get regular monthly prescriptions for two inhalers. They told me the same story that they were just vaccinating over 70s. Was given this number 012408787 (Dublin Vaccination hotline) which didn't yield much results either.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭sd1999

quokula wrote: »
    Saw on RTE this morning about GPs starting to vaccinate vulnerable under-65s. It says 1,100 GPs are participating, what percentage of GPs is that and what happens to people who's GP isn't participating?

I was talking to my GP last week and he initially said that they would be doing over-70s for now. I then mentioned that the HSE site said GPs would be doing Cohort 4 & 7 to which he replied that he couldn't officially commit to that as the contracts had not been confirmed at that point but that they would be towards the end of the week as it seems they have been. They just had to cover themselves by saying they had no info on Cohort 4 & 7 and were only doing over-70s until the contract was official in case something went wrong but he basically said 'yeah we'll be doing those cohorts'.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,619 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Have you references to some of the studies that established these findings? Thanks.

Unfortunately not, they were articles based on studies that I read a couple of months back, so I'd need to find the articles first, and as you can imagine there's a lot of COVID articles out there to sift through :)

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭irishlad.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    What are the chances we have 30k on a Sunday?

When I say tomorrow, I mean tomorrows numbers which is from Friday (9th)

Seems like the FDA will be quicker approving the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine for 12-15 year olds than they were with 16+.

WSJ reports ...
    The FDA expects to take a few weeks to review the request, a person familiar with the matter said. The agency doesn’t plan, the person said, to ask a panel of outside experts to review the submission, as the agency did before first authorizing the shot in December. Health authorities say it will be important to vaccinate children to protect them from the virus and help reach the communitywide immunity needed to move past the pandemic, known as herd immunity.

Will the US expand their vaccination programme from 16+ to 12+ around 1 May?

Could Ireland start vaccinating those aged 12-15 around 1 July?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,876 ✭✭✭Russman

Just back from bringing my father for his first shot of Pfizer. Have to say the GPs place was very well run and efficient. Such a relief ! (I know he’s not protected yet but still...)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,546 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I'm hearing that the much reported vaccine hesitancy in France and Germany is dropping rapidly - it seems that now the numbers are up around 10m in each country, people are realising it is probably very much in their interest to be vaccinated (it was much easier to be vaccine hesitant when very few people had had one).

JTMan wrote: »
    Seems like the FDA will be quicker approving the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine for 12-15 year olds than they were with 16+.

WSJ reports ...

Will the US expand their vaccination programme from 16+ to 12+ around 1 May?

Could Ireland start vaccinating those aged 12-16 around 1 July?

Highly unlikely to be that far down the age groups at that stage. Would expect 18-25 to only be offered vaccine in July I'd say

Highly unlikely to be that far down the age groups at that stage. Would expect 18-25 to only be offered vaccine in July I'd say

The government have said, that based on projected supplies, that 82% of those aged 16+ will be able to get a vaccine by 30 June. Leo has said there might be "surprises" (CureVac etc) that might quicken that up. Also, 6% do not want a vaccine and 15% are unsure, so 82% might be close to the full scope of those interested. Hence, I would have thought that we could move to 12-15 year olds by 1 July at the latest, assuming the EMA have approved Pfizer-Biontech for 12-15 year olds by then which it seems they will have.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Russman wrote: »
    Just back from bringing my father for his first shot of Pfizer. Have to say the GPs place was very well run and efficient. Such a relief ! (I know he’s not protected yet but still...)

what age is he?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement