Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COVID-19: Vaccine and testing procedures Megathread Part 3 - Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

marno21 wrote: »
    4.6m doses given in the US yesterday.

At that rate, they are going to run into demand shortages in the next few weeks. Once they lift that export ban it’ll be good news for supply in Europe. All upwards from here.

I'd say they have a bit to go yet before they reach demand shortage. 183 million doses given out, will need at least 250 million more doses to get to a minimum of where they want to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Water John wrote: »
    There isn't a backlog of vaccines, so when they're used isn't an issue.

Ya thats fair enough, it really is down to supplies again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭trellheim

1. Does anyone have the actuals for 7th and 8th vaccinated ? Combining it into two is screwing my graph up and I don't want to average it :)

2. Some good news : todays 303 reported cases , the last time it was lower than this was on 12th December with 248 cases so we've had the hard road back but we are getting there

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    I'd say they have a bit to go yet before they reach demand shortage. 183 million doses given out, will need at least 250 million more doses to get to a minimum of where they want to be.
    At 4.6m per day, that's only 55 or so days away. Israel ran into demand shortages when 55% or so were vaccinated, and the US are a manufacturer of vaccines with an export ban, and production is increasing.

In 5-6 weeks time the vaccine landscape will be very different, to our considerable benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

trellheim wrote: »
    1. Does anyone have the actuals for 7th and 8th vaccinated ? Combining it into two is screwing my graph up and I don't want to average it :)

2. Some good news : todays 303 reported cases , the last time it was lower than this was on 12th December with 248 cases so we've had the hard road back but we are getting there

This should have what your looking for hopefully

https://www.hse.ie/eng/services/news/newsfeatures/covid19-updates/vaccination-programme-dashboard-as-of-09-april-2021.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Garlinge wrote: »
    Originally Posted by Leftwaffe View Post
    Is the portal over for over 65s tomorrow? If so, where can we find this?

Is it for all over 65s? Thanks.

I heard the website for booking would be up on 19th

That was updated. Paul Reid said it was being brought forward to this week. I'd say they would love to start on this cohort as it would be a way of getting their numbers up fast......the Astra Zeneca doses are available and they'll all be done in MVCs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

trellheim wrote: »

One of the days 27360 the other 29017.

Which was which I'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭eoinbn

is_that_so wrote: »
    Sanofi, a French company, producing it is the most likely explanation.

Sanofi won't deliver any vaccines until Q3. J&J seem to be delivering small quantities this week with another planned for the last week of April. Haven't seen any firm data for Ireland but a few countries have reported this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

How many doses of them have been administered!?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Turtwig wrote: »
    How many doses of them have been administered!?

130 million plus

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

At 4.6m per day, that's only 55 or so days away. Israel ran into demand shortages when 55% or so were vaccinated, and the US are a manufacturer of vaccines with an export ban, and production is increasing.

In 5-6 weeks time the vaccine landscape will be very different, to our considerable benefit.

I think another reason that Israel seems to have plateaued around 55% is because Pfizer have stopped delivered them vaccines due to Israel not paying for their most recent batch.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/pfizer-said-to-warn-israel-pay-up-or-go-to-back-of-vaccine-line/

Although. this does seem strange to me, I can't imagine Israel having any issues paying for these.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,151 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

4.6m doses given in the US yesterday.

At that rate, they are going to run into demand shortages in the next few weeks. Once they lift that export ban it’ll be good news for supply in Europe. All upwards from here.

Hopefully the Pfizer/Biontech report on 12-15 year olds do not impact that if the US decides to go ahead with vaccinating that cohort.
    Not only are Pfizer/Biontech looking as the gold standard, on reliabilty of delivery they look to be our most reliable and fastest way out of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

is_that_so wrote: »
    Sanofi, a French company, producing it is the most likely explanation.

Spain getting it Tuesday

https://www.majorcadailybulletin.com/news/international/2021/04/10/82293/first-johnson-johnson-vaccines-arrive-spain-tuesday.html

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

There was a body set up to evaluate various rapid methods which are currently being used in appropriate settings by trained personnel.
    It is not being used for mass testing.

I wasn't necessary meaning just in Ireland, the UK have been mentioning them a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

What’s the likelihood we get a weekend of proper vaccination numbers or will the trend continue with a significant drop off? If we’re to ever hit the targets set surely there has to be a substantial weekend ramp up?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Doctor in New York who was vaccinated, caught covid and passed it onto her kid
    https://youtu.be/gqC8angshTs

Seriously, if vaccines don't work, how do we get out of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

It's been well documented that vaccines are the way out of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Don't need them to work perfectly. Just need to reduce transmission enough that we can maintain an R rate of <1 with fully open society/economy.

Also haven't watched the video but does it specify how long after vaccination she contracted covid? Both doses received?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Dressoutlet

The vaccines do work. Did the Dr die? End up in ICU? No. This means the vaccine worked. The vaccines are to stop you getting seriously sick or dying. A side benefit is that in most cases it is not transmitted, however there will ALWAYS be cases where vaccines didn't work/ didn't stop spread.

Mmr didn't work on me, and none of the boosters did either. I still have no rubella immunity. Even natural infection of Rubella gave me no immunity to it. And I know of 3 other people who gained no rubella immunity from the MMR. So does this mean MMR vaccine dosnt work. Of course not. Herd immunity protects me and others like me. When herd immunity is reached then people like this Dr will be protected by Herd Immunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Really useful set of tweets.

Will "breakthrough infections" be the new "variants" in the media?

This is the key tweet to me. Even if someone gets infected, if the illness is mild should we really care?

https://twitter.com/BallouxFrancois/status/1381327343994642433

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭VonLuck

Can anyone post the population numbers in each age group? It was posted a few days ago but can't seem to find it. Would be good to extrapolate the daily vaccination numbers to know approximately when certain ages will start vaccinations.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

So one doctor in New York getting it means the vaccines don't work and won't get us out of this?

FFS get up the yard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Is there any truth to the story of the Travellers moving en masse into Pfizer in Grange Castle demanding the vaccine?

lbj666 wrote: »
    It's depressing to think this isn't somewhat obvious to everyone. But seen already from a recent post its not.

It is. I often read Dr Monica Gandhi on Twitter. She says variants are nothing to worry about: https://twitter.com/MonicaGandhi9?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

She is always extremely positive and doesn't create panic.

The problem is the media. Bad news sells.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭irishgeo

humberklog wrote: »
    Is there any truth to the story of the Travellers moving en masse into Pfizer in Grange Castle demanding the vaccine?

I doubt it.

humberklog wrote: »

No

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

So one doctor in New York getting it means the vaccines don't work and won't get us out of this?

FFS get up the yard

Well if you searched online, you would find that alot more than one got infected after the vaccine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement