Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COVID-19: Vaccine and testing procedures Megathread Part 3 - Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭Apogee

Apogee wrote: »
    Friday's numbers - 14,120 admininstered. Mon-Fri: 66,057

544557.jpg

Saturdays Numbers: 8,232 (weekend effect or reporting lag?) administered. Mon-Sat : 74,902 - on track to hit the 80,000 target for the week.

544662.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Chomper. wrote: »
    The UK must be confident on the vaccines dealing with variants

So your solution is to get vaccinated and still have the restrictions permanently for the rest of our lives just incase a new variant comes along? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Folks I'm getting very f*cking excited :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 199 ✭✭Morries Wigs

ceegee wrote: »
    8232 for Saturday

chr1st almighty well be at this till next year

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭VanHalen

Apologies if this has been answered before. Enda Brady from Sky was on RTE radio yesterday morning about his visit to a UK Vaccination Centre. He said people were "in and out" in about 4 minutes. This was literally it - no 15 minute observation period afterwards yet we are being told that this is a pre-requisite here.
    Why is this?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 199 ✭✭Morries Wigs

VanHalen wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been answered before. Enda Brady from Sky was on RTE radio yesterday morning about his visit to a UK Vaccination Centre. He said people were "in and out" in about 4 minutes. This was literally it - no 15 minute observation period afterwards yet we are being told that this is a pre-requisite here.
    Why is this?

eddie rip

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Sarcasm or ignorance?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Why is this?

I believe the AZ vaccine doesn't require it, but I'm happy to be corrected.

Why is this?

Requirement of mRNA vaccines, not of AZ vaccines

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I think the perception of our vaccination situation is something the government can do more to clarify. Regular posters here understand why we're vaccinating at the rate we are, but I'm not sure if it's fully realised across the nation.

The government's communication has been appalling in general so it's no massive surprise but, on one of the few areas where they're doing the best they can with the resources they have, they should at least let people know a bit more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

ixoy wrote: »
    I think the perception of our vaccination situation is something the government can do more to clarify. Regular posters here understand why we're vaccinating at the rate we are, but I'm not sure if it's fully realised across the nation.

The government's communication has been appalling in general so it's no massive surprise but, on one of the few areas where they're doing the best they can with the resources they have, they should at least let people know a bit more.

This has been one of the most baffling things about this government. They have handled everything appallingly, but the vaccine rollout is the one thing they could actually stand over. I dunno. I'm very curious to know who's running their communication strategy. Because right now, it looks like the strategy is just to chuck any old bit of information out into the wind, no matter how correct or incorrect that information is, and see what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Chomper.

titan18 wrote: »
    I'd imagine it will happen but not sure you can do it before you've given the population the chance to be vaccinated, so for us probably can't happen til July or August really.

It was obviously going to happen

Government not talking about it for obvious reasons, they'll probably sleepwalk us into it like they're doing everything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

ixoy wrote: »

The amount of people who think the HSE are messing up the roll out of the vaccine, not realising it's down to supply is unreal. I think it's just a Pavlovian response by the public to anything they do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Dressoutlet

Why is this?
    I know when I've brought my kids for vaccination, if they were getting a new vaccine, ie one they didn't receive before(they get milultiple doses of various ones) , we were told to wait for 10 minutes outside to make sure there was no allergic reaction and medical help was nearby

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

hmmm wrote: »

It's a good news story, but it would have been even better had this plan been formed a month or two earlier. I imagine we'll have a large surplus in Q3 in Europe that will then be partly exported, helping drive down deaths and mutations elsewhere.

I wish we'd a proper weekly briefing from the EC and EMA on procurement and approval instead of the administrative and formal press releases.

I'd presume this is because we're still GP and hospital led. Once MVCs are up and running should be no dip at weekends. It'll be disappointing if there is. What you see in the UK is Saturday and Sunday being the busiest days as they've a good network of MVCs and have been flexible with staff working them, weekends have lots of regular health staff whose normal job is Monday to Friday doing a shift or two at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Icantthinkof1

Requirement of mRNA vaccines, not of AZ vaccines

I had to wait for the 15 mins after the AZ vaccine in a waiting room with around 10 other people in a small enough room with no ventilation. It made no sense to me

Irish Times article on how the Danes plan to finish vaccinating by June 27th. It makes reference to the spare Moderna vaccines other EU countries didn't take up, but without numbers it's hard to know whether this really accounts for the significantly faster timelines:
    For the same reasons, some EU countries chose not to buy all the Pfizer and Moderna doses they were offered under the EU vaccine purchase scheme. Other member states stepped in to buy up their unwanted vaccines.The details are not public, but rough comparisons of announced orders with population size suggest that Greece, Belgium, Poland and Portugal did not take up all their Moderna vaccines, at least initially, while Germany and Denmark took up some unwanted doses. Denmark bought up as much as was possible, including extra doses, under the EU system, according to an official.

We've been tracking them pretty closely so far:
    544671.jpg

Also reference to a highly digitised Danish healthcare system (much like Israel in that regard). Similar plans for e-Health for Ireland as outlined in Sláintecare - badly needed. Even tentative steps during this pandemic (use of Healthmail for prescriptions/referrals) show benefit of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

No mention of Ireland trying to buy extra Moderna vaccines. Some countries claimed it was too expensive, but hello, at $18 a dose it's still basically free compared to keeping the economy shut down.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,261 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Stark wrote: »
    No mention of Ireland trying to buy extra Moderna vaccines. Some countries claimed it was too expensive, but hello, at $18 a dose it's still basically free compared to keeping the economy shut down.

The EU is purchasing more, we get our supply through those deals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭RugbyLad11

Irish Times article on how the Danes plan to finish vaccinating by June 27th. It makes reference to the spare Moderna vaccines other EU countries didn't take up, but without numbers it's hard to know whether this really accounts for the significantly faster timelines:

We've been tracking them pretty closely so far:
    544671.jpg

Also reference to a highly digitised Danish healthcare system (much like Israel in that regard). Similar plans for e-Health for Ireland as outlined in Sláintecare - badly needed. Even tentative steps during this pandemic (use of Healthmail for prescriptions/referrals) show benefit of this.

So Ireland didn't buy any extra doses? I wonder how the Government will spin it when some EU countries like Germany and Denmark are finished before us.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

RugbyLad11 wrote: »
    So Ireland didn't buy any extra doses? I wonder how the Government will spin it when some EU countries like Germany and Denmark are finished before us.
    As far as I'm aware, there are no spare doses from any manufacturer available to purchase before the end of the first round of vaccinations. We've already purchased 16 million vaccines, we don't need more vaccines which are only going to be delivered at the end of the year. Neither Germany or Denmark are getting extra vaccines now - we'll be finished at the same time as them.

RugbyLad11 wrote: »

Ireland is doing comparatively well at this point - better than the EU average and better than Germany. Mixed messaging regarding AZ vaccine by politicians on continent is causing issues.

544681.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

Why is this?

A person I know who got the vaccine last week in Scotland had to wait 15 mins after getting it. It was the Pfizer vaccine so it's not happening everywhere.

Ireland is doing comparatively well at this point - better than the EU average and better than Germany. Mixed messaging regarding AZ vaccine by politicians on continent is causing issues.

544681.jpg

No, we are the worst in the world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Chomper.

Micky 32 wrote: »
    So your solution is to get vaccinated and still have the restrictions permanently for the rest of our lives just incase a new variant comes along? :rolleyes:

The opposite in fact , I welcome the UK moves

Maybe ease off on the coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 21,365 ✭✭✭✭Water John

IngazZagni wrote: »
    A person I know who got the vaccine last week in Scotland had to wait 15 mins after getting it. It was the Pfizer vaccine so it's not happening everywhere.

Each of the four home countries possibly operate diff protocols. They are fairly independent on Covid approaches.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭SheepsClothing

Ireland will finish the vaccination program at roughly the same time as the UK. From April on, it's merely a matter of putting needles in arms.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,914 ✭✭✭✭josip

I doubt if any country will 'finish' the vaccination program.
    It will be more that at some point in time, they'll each say, 'Yera, that's enough, open her up."

• Advertisement

Chief Clinical Officer, Dr Colm Henry updates staff on the rollout of the COVID-19 vaccine

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement