Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dodgy Oven

Options
  • 12-02-2021 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

I have two parents in their early eighties. They recently bought a Zanussi Oven from HN. In the first two weeks the glass in the door of the grill exploded and the repair guy came out and replaced it. About two weeks later the glass has broken again. The repair guy said that he didn't have the part and it would take a while to get it. So now the oven has a big hole in the glass at the front.

Can they ask for a refund at this stage? None of us have a clue but it is annoying that this is happening with a brand new oven/cooker.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

des_toffee wrote: »
    Hi,

I have two parents in their early eighties. They recently bought a Zanussi Oven from HN. In the first two weeks the glass in the door of the grill exploded and the repair guy came out and replaced it. About two weeks later the glass has broken again. The repair guy said that he didn't have the part and it would take a while to get it. So now the oven has a big hole in the glass at the front.

Can they ask for a refund at this stage? None of us have a clue but it is annoying that this is happening with a brand new oven/cooker.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you!

They have to be given the opportunity to fix, replace or refund.

In those orders.

If you are loud enough on social media it may make them move quicker, calling for updates and so on.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,578 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

In those orders.

If you are loud enough on social media it may make them move quicker, calling for updates and so on.....

A repair has to be permanent, if it occurs in the first six months it is considered faulty to begin with so the buyer is entitled to replacement/refund.

https://www.ccpc.ie/consumers/shopping/faulty-goods/

Dav010 wrote: »
    A repair has to be permanent, if it occurs in the first six months it is considered faulty to begin with so the buyer is entitled to replacement/refund.

https://www.ccpc.ie/consumers/shopping/faulty-goods/

Indeed it does but they must be given the opportunity to do so.

It must be a serious design flaw or there is more to it, very strange for 2 to go like that.

Try that with a car and it's exactly the same they won't give you a new car, unless in an extreme situation which is like pigs flying to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 des_toffee

Thanks for the above advice. Going on social media etc, wouldn't be an option but I appreciate the advice. And same for the ccpc link.

Yes it is very strange that it happened twice. I am on lockdown in Dublin and my parents are down the country so I can only offer limited help. But thanks for the responses I will pass them on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

In those orders.

In my opinion they have had their opportunity to fix it and that hasn't worked, so you're entitled to a replacement or a refund. Not necessarily in a particular order either, just FYI.

• Advertisement

In my opinion they have had their opportunity to fix it and that hasn't worked, so you're entitled to a replacement or a refund. Not necessarily in a particular order either, just FYI.

Well in that order is the most likely outcome as they will go through the motions....
    Not always.

I've had it myself, fix, something broke brought it back change no issues, that went and they gave refund.

Advertisement