Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

gas boiler leaking water

• 12-02-2021 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

a couple of weeks ago I noticed water on the floor under the boiler which is located in the utility room. I dried it up and wiped around the boiler but no other water found. Roll on 2 weeks and boiler stops working. Got Bord Gais in to look at it and fan needed to be replaced. My husband told the engineer that there had been water leaking from it and he said that the water was not from the boiler. €600 !!! euro later boiler was fixed and working away. Roll on another 2 weeks and more water in utility room and underside of boiler wet.

Obviously I will ring Bord Gais tomorrow but what come back do I have? They did fix broken boiler but for 600 bucks I'd expect it be be perfect, not to have them out again in 2 weeks?? Did the leak cause the fan to break? Should we have gotten it looked at earlier.? Would I be better getting a local plumber out to look at it? We originally went with Bord Gais as we could put it on the bill account as did not have the 600 euro.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭youtheman

It's hard to see how a fan problem and a water leak could be related. Normally there is a pressure switch to detect that the fan is pressurising the casing. Fan not working means the pressure switch does not activate and boiler trips or fails to start.

A water leak could from many sources. When the boiler man removes the front cover he should be able to check for leaks. You need to get him to show you where the leak is coming from, or at least explain it. Did the Borg Gais engineer not give you a written report the last time?

Advertisement