Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

18v reciprocating saw fault

• 12-02-2021 10:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭

Got a milwaukee fuel saw that when you press the trigger starts fine but then may stop, let go trigger again and press and starts again and run, seems a intermittent fault,
    Does it sound like a trigger or motor fault to you?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Sounds like if it's been worked hard it's designed to cut out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

loose wire or dodgy trigger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

kincaid wrote: »
    Got a milwaukee fuel saw that when you press the trigger starts fine but then may stop, let go trigger again and press and starts again and run, seems a intermittent fault,

Return it. It’s not an over-work cut out. It’s faulty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

dodzy wrote: »
    Return it. It’s not an over-work cut out. It’s faulty.

Surely they have motor protection built in. Even my cheaper tools have this .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭kincaid

listermint wrote: »

Does seem like a faulty trigger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

MY deWalt one does this when the battery is on its last legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭bamayang

kincaid wrote: »

Doubt it’s motor, usually any issue with motor will go once and then won’t come back on again.

I’d say trigger almost definitely at fault

(Assuming you have a full charge in the battery...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

listermint wrote: »
    Not these. As long as the battery has life, you can abuse the crap out of it, continuously, and it won’t stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Who2

The clips that hold on the battery become wore ever so slightly over time and the battery can come loose, not enough to fallout but enough to break connection. It’s a weak point with the Milwaukee tools especially the sawzall as it’s vibrating the whole time.(I’ve killed a few this way). The sds drill does the same over time if you use the chipping chisel a fair bit. Try wrapping an elastic band around the battery onto the tool for a temporary fix. You’ll find Milwaukee will find some bull reason why it’s not covered or maybe it’s just the crowd I bought from.

Advertisement