Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great work at Naylor's Cove

Options
  • 13-02-2021 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

A big thank you to the volunteers who did great ground work at this much neglected area.

They dug out years of undergrowth on the steps leading down making access much safer.

They cleared several feet of soil and exposed side paths that I forgot even existed.

They cleared large areas of thorny bushes on the slopes and added a bug motel at the bottom.

None of this would have been easy work and it's much appreciated.

Well done to all concerned.

On a side note the recent storm has also done incidental remedial work down there. It's cleared several feet of shingle and stones which has exposed old walls and wooden posts I've never seen before. These walls formed the rear sections of the old swimming baths.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Pictures?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Zebbedee

homer911 wrote: »
    Pictures?

Sorry, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Who did all the work?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Cluster

That spirit in every community, imagine. Well done that man and volunteers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement