Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tree Removal in South County Dublin.

Options
  • 13-02-2021 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭

I am looking for a recommendation for someone to cut down a circa 15' tree in my back garden and dispose of it.

Lots of companies that do this but looking for a first hand recommendation.

What would be the rough cost? I am based in South County Dublin.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

https://derekmahertreecare.com/

I use that fella about every 2/3 year to give some of my large trees a tidy. I find him excellent. As for price for one tree I'm not to sure. He's price I find is very reasonable. .. He normally spends a full day with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Silver Breeze

Talk to Conor at mytree.ie

Very professional, well insured, timely.

Did a brilliant job for me here in Glenageary.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,484 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

a fifteen foot tree is not especially large; how wide is the trunk at waist height?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

a fifteen foot tree is not especially large; how wide is the trunk at waist height?

It would be about a foot in diameter. Problem is that it is growing more on my neighbours side than mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Roadtoad

It would be about a foot in diameter. Problem is that it is growing more on my neighbours side than mine!

Ah come in. That's only a bush. Boy scout project.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,484 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

what sort of tree is it? a one foot trunk on a fifteen foot tree is a hell of a stocky tree. but it could be quite useful to a woodturner if it's a good tree.

what sort of tree is it? a one foot trunk on a fifteen foot tree is a hell of a stocky tree. but it could be quite useful to a woodturner if it's a good tree.

Weeping Willow.

Roadtoad wrote: »
    Ah come in. That's only a bush. Boy scout project.

How much do you want to cut it down and take away? Seems like you could do it in an hour or less?

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Roadtoad

How much do you want to cut it down and take away? Seems like you could do it in an hour or less?

Sorry, more than 5 km away.

I got more sympathy for your problem when I saw its a weeping willow. The real labour in this task is digging up the root, no other shortcut works.

Don't saw it too close to the ground, but leave about 1.5m trunk to assist with rocking it loose. I tried drilling, pouring chemicals in etc. Then one day, decided its it or me!

Roadtoad wrote: »
    Sorry, more than 5 km away.

I got more sympathy for your problem when I saw its a weeping willow. The real labour in this task is digging up the root, no other shortcut works.

Don't saw it too close to the ground, but leave about 1.5m trunk to assist with rocking it loose. I tried drilling, pouring chemicals in etc. Then one day, decided its it or me!

Believe me I have dug out my fair share of tree roots in my day. A whole bed of mixed conifers, shrubs etc. On my hands and knees, digging holes, chopping at roots, rocking the trunk back and forth. I have had enough of it, so I will leave it to someone who can do it quickly and dispose of the branches. This leaves me more time to grow my veggies and tend to my raised beds and fruit bushes and easier garden maintenance jobs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement