Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DualSense Controller Issues Thread

• 13-02-2021 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,633 ✭✭✭✭

Seeing as we seem to have a lot of issues with controllers already it might be good to have a thread to keep all the chat together in one place.

My R2 isn't 100% anymore. I'd guess it's only a matter of time before it breaks fully. Played about 50-60 hours so far.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭nedd

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Seeing as we seem to have a lot of issues with controllers already it might be good to have a thread to keep all the chat together in one place.

My R2 isn't 100% anymore. I'd guess it's only a matter of time before it breaks fully. Played about 50-60 hours so far.

Just posted in the PS5 thread. My R2 broke on my controller. Returned it to Harvey (had an argument with them ). Second controller has a sticky X button.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

I have had the R2 issue as well. Went through Sony to replace the controller and they handled the situation pretty well tbf.

28 Jan - I rang Sony and got a DPD return label.
    1 Feb - I rang DPD to organise return
    4 Feb - Had to ring DPD as they messed up the collection. Collecting that afternoon.
    8 Feb - Sony received it.
    9 Feb - Sony dispatched back to me.
    12 Feb - Received from UPS.

Sony's part to play on this just took 8 days, happy with that. Will be using a DualShock 4 for backwards compatibility in the future though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    I have had the R2 issue as well. Went through Sony to replace the controller and they handled the situation pretty well tbf.

28 Jan - I rang Sony and got a DPD return label.
    1 Feb - I rang DPD to organise return
    4 Feb - Had to ring DPD as they messed up the collection. Collecting that afternoon.
    8 Feb - Sony received it.
    9 Feb - Sony dispatched back to me.
    12 Feb - Received from UPS.

Sony's part to play on this just took 8 days, happy with that. Will be using a DualShock 4 for backwards compatibility in the future though.

I'm going to call them today to get it sorted. Bought a new Dualsense last week in anticipation. Not that much of an issue as I needed a spare one anyone

Markitron wrote: »
    I'm going to call them today to get it sorted. Bought a new Dualsense last week in anticipation. Not that much of an issue as I needed a spare one anyone

Takes a while to get through on the phone but once you get someone, I found them very helpful and a reasonable turnaround from start to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,633 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Did you lads skip the retailer altogether?

I have to say my controller is getting filthy, even with all the extra hand washing it's impossible to keep it clean. The little icons must make it easier to pick up little bits of grime.

• Advertisement

I mentioned in the PS5 thread that I contacted Smyths and they kept telling me in was Sony's problem, best I could get out of them was 'go to the shop when they re-open and they might help you'. So couldn't be arsed with that ****e.

I have to say my controller is getting filthy, even with all the extra hand washing it's impossible to keep it clean. The little icons most make it easier to pick up little bits of grime.

Yep, I'm too far away from my local Smyths so went direct to Sony. I was afraid that the shop might want me to return the console and controller.

And yep, my controller was dirty too!

Yep, I'm too far away from my local Smyths so went direct to Sony. I was afraid that the shop might want me to return the console and controller.

And yep, my controller was dirty too!

Did you have to sort out pickup with DPD? I just called my local depot and they didn't have a clue what I was on about. I have been on hold with head office for ages and the online chat isn't working.

Did you have to sort out pickup with DPD? I just called my local depot and they didn't have a clue what I was on about. I have been on hold with head office for ages and the online chat isn't working.

When I had to send my faulty GPU to Scan they gave me a return label. Did Sony send you one?

When I had to send my faulty GPU to Scan they gave me a return label. Did Sony send you one?

They sent me the label but told me I have to ring DPD to get it collected, that is proving somewhat of a challenge at the minute. The webchat isn't working and I have been on hold with them for 30 mins.

• Advertisement

Ya, I rang the separately and as per my timeline, they messed up organising it the first time. 2nd time was fine and collection was arranged for later that day.

I rang 0906420500, didn't take that long, 10 min call. Might have got lucky though!

Ya, I rang the separately and as per my timeline, they messed up organising it the first time. 2nd time was fine and collection was arranged for later that day.

I rang 0906420500, didn't take that long, 10 min call. Might have got lucky though!

Thanks, guess I'll keep trying

They sent me the label but told me I have to ring DPD to get it collected, that is proving somewhat of a challenge at the minute. The webchat isn't working and I have been on hold with them for 30 mins.

That's what I had to do when I had to send my faulty GPU back to Scan. I got though to the local depot and they sorted collection for me.

That's what I had to do when I had to send my faulty GPU back to Scan. I got though to the local depot and they sorted collection for me.

Local depot were the first ones I called and they told me I had to call head office to get the order on the system.

Local depot were the first ones I called and they told me I had to call head office to get the order on the system.

Maybe you need to leave it overnight for the system to update to show the Sony label?

Maybe you need to leave it overnight for the system to update to show the Sony label?

That is exactly what head office just told me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Dubdude

The triangle and X buttons on mine have been fairly sticky and annoying so I contacted Harvey Norman this morning via online chat and they told me to bring it to a store for a technician to have a look at

Dubdude wrote: »
    The triangle and X buttons on mine have been fairly sticky and annoying so I contacted Harvey Norman this morning via online chat and they told me to bring it to a store for a technician to have a look at

My guess is you bring it to store and the tell you to contact Sony. Webchat and store management are not connected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Already issues arising I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,069 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,765 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Mine is still fine, but just had a moment. PS5 in rest mode, DS connected. Powered on fine, went for a smoke and when I came back the mute and white LEDs were off, just the 2 blue side LEDs on the touched. Wasn't controlling anything. Pressing the PS button made the blue lights flash rapidly, then one orange blink and solid blue. Disconnected cable, powered off PS5 and powered on again, press PS button and working fine again. Small software glitch I'd imagine, but only the second issue thats resolved since I got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,577 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Gadget repair company iFixit have a video explaining the drift issue with controllers. Worth a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The young lads Dualsense left stick has started to drift the last few days.

When they go to Sony are they actually repairing them and sending you back your own controller or do they just send a refurb one out straight away?

On the below, tbh, even when shops are open, I'd go straight to Sony. All that will happen with going to Smyths is adding 2 trips to the shop (1 to drop, 1 to collect) and probably an extra day minimum at either end for them to send it to Sony anyway.
    I mentioned in the PS5 thread that I contacted Smyths and they kept telling me in was Sony's problem, best I could get out of them was 'go to the shop when they re-open and they might help you'. So couldn't be arsed with that ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Anyone who has had their buttons sticking i.e. X, circle, triangle or square, try using this spray https://www.wd40.com/products/contact-cleaner/ NOT regular WD40. I had my X button sticking and this has fixed it for now.

Anyone who has had their buttons sticking i.e. X, circle, triangle or square, try using this spray https://www.wd40.com/products/contact-cleaner/ NOT regular WD40. I had my X button sticking and this has fixed it for now.

I regularly use contact cleaner on my drifting switch controller. Works great.
    My X was sticking and was getting ready to use contact cleaner but my son fixed it. He said it was sticking while playing fortnite so he gave it a good yank up. Hasn't stuck since. Maybe there was dirt under it or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Terminator

Got my PS5 yesterday. Fired up Astro and the haptics in the left trigger stopped working after an hour of light use.

Guess I will have to send it to Sony for repair. I hope this isn't a widespread issue.

Terminator wrote: »
    Got my PS5 yesterday. Fired up Astro and the haptics in the left trigger stopped working after an hour of light use.

Guess I will have to send it to Sony for repair. I hope this isn't a widespread issue.

Where do you buy from? Bring it back to them.

It came with my console order from Gamestop. I'll send them an email and see what the next step is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Terminator wrote: »
    It came with my console order from Gamestop. I'll send them an email and see what the next step is.

I sent mine back to gamestop still waiting at moment from them. They will send you an email with a parcel motel return sticker to send it back and also a return form you need to complete and send it back with the controller. Was easy to do but was hassle as don't have a printer but I got sister to print it and send it in the post to me. I emailed them 2 days ago and got a reply within 5 mins as they have it about 15 days but was told will take a bit longer in current environment to check it as only limited staff in to check broken items, so they have to check it and if there satisfied that it's broken etc that they will either refund or send me a new one or repair it. So not sure how much longer they wil have it for. That is from controller I bought from them a 2nd one.

• Advertisement

I suspected it would be a drawn out affair so I have a new controller coming on Monday from Amazon.

Advertisement