Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: Father Ted 2 GAME THREAD

Options
  • 13-02-2021 3:19pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Welcome to Craggy Island: A wondrous place to visit... for a short time anyways.

Having survived a Hairy Hands epidemic which threatened to engulf the island, things returned to relative normality... for a time.

However as of late there have been rumours of a beast carrying out indiscriminate murders on the moors.

It is alleged to be the size of four cats, with a retractable leg so it can leap up at you better.

It is luminous in the dark, has four ears - two of which serve as back-up ears.

It has claws the size of cups, an unexplained phobia of stamps and a magnetic tail.

Instead of a mouth, it is rumoured to also have four arses.

A terrifying creature indeed, some might say... but of course we know better.

In actual fact, four rogue priests and one deranged milkman have turned killer - fed up with the constant bumbling and mistakes on Craggy Island, they have decided to wipe it from the map.

Can you find and kill the evil stalking Craggy Island?

Four would-be heroes can assist you:

father_ted.jpg

Father Ted Crilly - Seer. Peeks a player each night and learns if they are good or evil.
    Father Dougal Maguire - Vigilante. Can take aim at a player once per cycle (Cycle = 1 day and 1 night phase)
    Father Jack Hackett - Shaman. Can drink one of a variety of substances each night, all with varying effects
    Mrs Doyle - Bodyguard. Cleans a players house each night and protects them from harm

Assisting the heroes are the Craggy Island Villagers (NRVs). Famed for their sleuthing abilities, they should be able to rout out the evil within.

Wolf Roles:
    Bishop Len Brennan: Alpha Wolf/Godfather. Immune to Seer Peeks (will peek as Good)
    Father Dick Byrne - Vanilla Wolf
    Father Todd Unctious - Vanilla Wolf
    Father Fintan Stack - Vanilla Wolf
    Pat Mustard - Assassin Wolf - if lynched he will kill the person who voted last for him

S02E02-mY2aItIm-subtitled.jpg

Note: There will be a daily raffle for ALL residents of Craggy Island - all living players are automatically entered for the raffle. The winner each day will be announced at the morning munch and will be PMed their prize by the game mods.

S02E02-t6QuCKIM-subtitled.jpg

Game Rules:

1) Once you are killed do not post in the thread again. DEAD PLAYERS DO NOT THANK LIVING PLAYERS POSTS

2) Don’t cheat, it’s a game that relies heavily on the players having integrity. No PMing other players in the game, and no chat about the game outside of this game thread. If you have any concerns about the game mechanics or the integrity of other players contact the mods who will make a decision. Do not discuss any of this in game or elsewhere. Always remember the mods may have secrets. 

3) Please all try to reasonably contribute to the game thread and always remember to get a vote in (where it is possible for you to do so) as a minimum. There is a 5 post per day minimum limit. 2 missed votes will result in a substitution where possible or a modkill. Substitutions will be announced on thread by the game mods.

4) No posting of any PM's from the game mod or referring or alluding to the content of them or any backroom you may or may not have, without prior permission. Note that there are new players playing, they may have been provided with backrooms to ask questions of the game mods irrespective of game role.

5) Game starts with a pre turn (night 0), followed by a munch at 10am Monday morning and the lynch will be at 9pm. After 9pm Monday will be considered night 1. Role reveals will take place on thread after each death.... Most of the time.

6) Do not share your vote form password to anyone else. All votes for the lynch have to be made by yourself. Voting will be done via Google forms with the link provided in the OP, and the dedicated lynch link thread in the Werewolf Forum. In the event of a tied lynch, the lynch will be decided by last vote cast.

7) Policy on Abuse: Boards has a no-abuse rule in place that is in effect in this forum as well. By all means, call people on dodgy behaviour, point out if they are being silly or behaving strangely, be aggressive in your approach; but DO NOT abuse another player. If you feel another player has stepped over a line, the first step is to ask them to stop; if they do not, please PM a forum mod (sullivlo/Baggly/quickbeam) or use the report button on the post in question. Forum mods will investigate and action any issues at an appropriate time, keeping the game mods informed of any actions as needed.

8) Have fun, make memes, take the piss and try to enjoy the game. 

NB: Not a rule but important for our community. We have new players playing or perhaps watching this game, so please make them feel welcome in the forum by behaving respectfully with your fellow players. If anyone new is reading this, we have a glossary of terms and acronyms, as well as the beginner’s guide, which is available to all within the werewolf sub forum.

Win Conditions:

Wolf Win: Gain parity with the village 
    Village Win: Kill all wolves

Note - Non-Roled Villagers/NRVs in this game are referred to as 'Craggy Island Villagers'

Lynch Form Link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfuOrq93ttld1GGUWrEcLH5hQk1D_v6I_sofBHMvswsS9j6YA/viewform

List of Players:
    Also Starring LeVar Burton
    beakerjoe
    Clodagh WW
    Doris WW
    Frank WW
    Hello 2D Person Below
    Jake WW
    JP Liz V1
    LadySkunk
    Liam WW
    Lucy WW
    Mary WW
    Orla WW
    Rikand
    Riona WW
    Senan WW
    Strawberry Milkshake
    sullivlo
    TheValeyard
    Trigger
    Whiplashy
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mark on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

NO POSTING - THE GAME IS NOT YET LIVE

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Necro wrote: »
    NO POSTING - THE GAME IS NOT YET LIVE

I closed this Necro, just in case. I'll unlock it in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

PMs have been sent and thread is open.

Please enjoy the game. Any questions please pm myself or Necro or Molyb60.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Game day, woohoo!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

5uasSqFt7irJ1cQj7[\IMG]

• Advertisement

5uasSqFt7irJ1cQj7

4xznc0.jpg

Well I think that was a big fail on trying to post an image! 😳

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Morning folks!

Happy Valentines day

tenor.gif?itemid=11837114

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Baggly wrote: »
    Mod

PMs have been sent and thread is open.

Please enjoy the game. Any questions please pm myself or Necro or Molyb60.

Just for clarity, and because Bags is an eejit, if you're trying to PM me, the name is Mollyb60. 2 l's. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,240 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Riona WW wrote: »
    Well I think that was a big fail on trying to post an image! 😳

Faking ineptitude is it? I see the game you're at Riona... Very clever, trying to throw people off your Wolfy scent...

Faking ineptitude is it? I see the game you're at Riona... Very clever, trying to throw people off your Wolfy scent...

I wish I was faking. That was just ineptitude... pure and simple :o
    In fact, the scale of that ineptitude was so big you can see it from anywhere in the world.

I wish I was faking. That was just ineptitude... pure and simple :o
    In fact, the scale of that ineptitude was so big you can see it from anywhere in the world.

Precisely what a Wolf would say...

There's one sure way to find out if you're a wolf or not of course... Just answer this very difficult question...

Who do you prefer Oasis or Blur?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Whoa! Talk about a loaded question!

:D

Precisely what a Wolf would say...

There's one sure way to find out if you're a wolf or not of course... Just answer this very difficult question...

Who do you prefer Oasis or Blur?

Blur!

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    Wolf catching is easy
    Cos they all smell like poo

Blur!

I mean Oasis! I mean Oasis!

Blur!

Hmmm. Interesting. Very interesting indeed. Maybe everyone should answer this question, lets see if we can separate the Wolves from the Villagers early doors...

Who does everyone prefer Oasis or Blur?

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148861syrnssh5kxs54ml3a453gff1r7udgglu7kvxqjw&rid=giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,413 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Eh I believe I was meant to be first post. I demand a game restart!

All Eyes On Rafah

Blur!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    Wolf catching is easy
    Cos they all smell like poo

Unless you have COVID,
    Because then you can’t smell.
    We can’t rely on the sniffing,
    To bid them farewell.

Haha sully. I like it a lot. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,240 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

My lovely, lovely, lovely horse
    My lovely horse
    Running through the field
    Where are you going
    With your fetlocks blowing
    In the wind?
    I want to shower you with sugar lumps
    And ride you over fences
    Polish your hooves every single day
    And bring you to the horse dentist

I'll be back online later. I'm going to be busy for a bit - now on BBC1, Jurassic Park: The Director's Cut, with extra dinosaurs.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    My lovely horse
    Running through the field
    Where are you going
    With your fetlocks blowing
    In the wind?
    I want to shower you with sugar lumps
    And ride you over fences
    Polish your hooves every single day
    And bring you to the horse dentist

Actually had to Google fetlocks.

All Eyes On Rafah

I'll be back online later. I'm going to be busy for a bit - now on BBC1, Jurassic Park: The Director's Cut, with extra dinosaurs.

Tell me more about these extra dinosaurs

All Eyes On Rafah

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Oasis

A blur pile is a good place to find some shady characters

Musically only of course, pair of spanners in Oasis

• Advertisement

Oasis. Wonderwall, enough said.

All Eyes On Rafah

Advertisement