Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: Father Ted 2 GAME THREAD

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Yeah, that's kind of why I thought 2D may not actually have been given a choice and it was merely happenstance that Jake/Pat Mustard is the one who was hit. And if that was the case, does that actually clear 2D?

Hence why i didnt want any ambiguity earlier. Either 2D did it or he didnt, he appears to be signally that he did, but hes not been definitive.

Id like him to be definitive.......It would help the village.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Senan WW wrote: »
    The LeVar post for me stinks of someone trying to get on the good side of a new player. Helpfully giving info that they can easily get by asking the mods themselves.

Well no actually, that's something I view as completely unrelated to the goings on of the game. I know what it's like to be a new player and god knows I've not had a clue what was going on for a really long time but I asked in game and everyone regardless of alignment were happy to help but nice try though :rolleyes:

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Does anyone have any basis for anything at this stage or is it all pure speculation and gut instinct?

Would be great to hear more from 2D (if it was indeed who lobbed that brick) about why he went for Jake in the first place. Pure chance or was there anything to it? Was it even a case of taking aim or was it merely a choice to throw the brick away, and then it happened to hit somebody at random? (Is that a thing that would happen or is it more likely to be asked to choose a target?)

For me it's still speculation and gut instinct.
    As for the brick, again I can only speculate but it is likely H2D got to choose who it was thrown at, otherwise the mods themselves could have just randomly thrown it which isn't really the point of the game.

I am wondering if it was the kind of brick that would only kill Pat Mustard; the coincidence that Pat is connected to the brick in Fr Ted seems a bit too coincidency (yes I made up that word) otherwise. I wonder if it might have missed had it been aimed at someone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Hence why i didnt want any ambiguity earlier. Either 2D did it or he didnt, he appears to be signally that he did, but hes not been definitive.

Id like him to be definitive.......It would help the village.

Yeah, same line of thought as myself. I don't have any reason to believe that 2D is a wolf, but a little clarity on the prize would be welcomed, and helpful.

Trigger wrote: »
    So Skunk is also clear?

Id be of the opinion that there is at least one wolf in those 3, Early days, he didnt expect to get a brick to the aul noggin so thought he was safe with throwing accusations, thinking none of them would stick.

I find it a bit weird that he had 9 posts that were all posted twice, and you missed the one about skunk.. trying to turn the conversation away from her maybe.

I dont know yet tbf, but i couldnt rule any of those three, and you out as being a wolf

Nobody is clear Trigger, it's day 1 even if someone comes out with a role claim they're still not clear. Even if you're MOD CLEARED ON THREAD you're not clear :pac:

Sorry that's a reference to a past game I couldn't help throwing in there :D

• Advertisement

Yeah, that's kind of why I thought 2D may not actually have been given a choice and it was merely happenstance that Jake/Pat Mustard is the one who was hit. And if that was the case, does that actually clear 2D?

Bf5TSV0IYAAn9cx.jpg

Lads, the brick was flavour.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Im suspcious about Rikand.

I can see a case were Doris Lucy are both villagers. But its theory, nothing more. I wouldnt be clearing them, esp so early.

Rikand then backed down when challenged, something I wasnt expecting

Does he back down though - his last post still says:
    Rikand wrote: »
    Well thats how I base most of my reads.

I have a feeling that Doris and Lucy are likely villagers based off Jakes posts

But he hasn't appeared since...

To me, I would err on Lucy being village - just because Jake seemed to jump on Strawbs post - even looked like a typo in there in the rush to get on board that train. Doesn't clear her - but as JP Liz said would Lucy be a good person to peek this evening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

These seven people thanked the above post. There's a wolf among them.

JP Liz
    Lucy WW
    Mary WW
    Rikand
    Riona WW
    Strawberry Milkshake
    TheValeyard

Can you confirm please you used the raffle won brick that killed Jake / Pat in English H2DPB?

What does this even mean? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Frank WW wrote: »
    For me it's still speculation and gut instinct.
    As for the brick, again I can only speculate but it is likely H2D got to choose who it was thrown at, otherwise the mods themselves could have just randomly thrown it which isn't really the point of the game.

I am wondering if it was the kind of brick that would only kill Pat Mustard; the coincidence that Pat is connected to the brick in Fr Ted seems a bit too coincidency (yes I made up that word) otherwise. I wonder if it might have missed had it been aimed at someone else.

I would be of the opinion that H2 was given a shot/kill and the brick was just the wording used by the mods to make it more into the scenes of the game

What? :confused:

LadySkunk wrote: »
    Nobody is clear Trigger, it's day 1 even if someone comes out with a role claim they're still not clear. Even if you're MOD CLEARED ON THREAD you're not clear :pac:

Sorry that's a reference to a past game I couldn't help throwing in there :D

My point was that Rikand, said it was likely that Doris/Lucy were village(clearing them) but did not offer you the same.

I dont believe his excuse that he missed it in a total of 9 posts by Jake that were also posted on the thread by you and Beaker(i think)

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Can you confirm please you used the raffle won brick that killed Jake / Pat in English H2DPB?

I didn't win a brick.

I won the chance to attack someone. When I hit Paddy Mustard, the mods obviously just used the brick as the weapon as it's in keeping with the show.

Riona WW wrote: »
    Amazing - you didn't pick yourself! :rolleyes:

I was close :D

I didn't win a brick.

I won the chance to attack someone. When I hit Paddy Mustard, the mods obviously just used the brick as the weapon as it's in keeping with the show.

Why did you pick Jake, what stood out for you?

I didn't win a brick.

Thank You H2DPB

Was it just pot luck on picking Jake / Pat or reason?

I didn't win a brick.

Thanks 2D.

Why jake? Over others.... ? Why not hold it until a bette ription appeared

My reason for picking Jake will remain between myself and the Lord, for now.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

I didn't win a brick.

That makes sense, thanks for clarifying.

• Advertisement

My point was that Rikand, said it was likely that Doris/Lucy were village(clearing them) but did not offer you the same.

I dont believe his excuse that he missed it in a total of 9 posts by Jake that were also posted on the thread by you and Beaker(i think)

Yeah I can't help you there, Rikands your man for that. I was just commenting on people being cleared in general as it's been said a couple of times today already

Ok, but why then.... why not wait until later?

Why not see what else he would say or who hed interact with ?

A good call ultimatly, it gives us something to work with on day 1.

I was just thinking about seer peeks tonight and how the alpha wolf will peek good, I feel like somebody suggested peeking somebody but I'll have to look back over it now. Will post my findings shortly but thinking suggesting peeking anyone could be potentially harmful all things considered

OK can we move on now to look at tonight's lynch?

User Name Posts
    beakerjoe 35
    Trigger 29
    Strawberry Milkshake 27
    Riona WW 26
    Milana Old Mosquito 20
    Also Starring LeVar Burton 17
    JP Liz V1 16
    LadySkunk 14
    Mary WW 12
    Frank WW 12
    Rikand 11
    TheValeyard 11
    Doris WW 9
    Jake WW 9
    Orla WW 6
    Liam WW 6
    Whiplashy 5
    Lucy WW 5
    Clodagh WW 4
    sullivlo 4
    Senan WW 3

For me, there is probably a wolf hiding among the lower posters for sure. sullivlo and Clodagh have not contributed much. Senan has just come on to accuse LadySkunk of being too helpful to LeVar and then vanished again.
    beakerjoe - you look like you are looking towards Rikand - I'd like to hear more from Rikand on that.
    Not a lot to go on really!

I was just thinking about seer peeks tonight and how the alpha wolf will peek good, I feel like somebody suggested peeking somebody but I'll have to look back over it now. Will post my findings shortly but thinking suggesting peeking anyone could be potentially harmful all things considered

JP Liz suggested peaking Lucy - I also suggested this.

Ahh yeah it was said twice. Now, if I was to go down a rabbit hole which I'm not a stranger to every now and again :P Could it be a case that either of the two gals here know that Lucy will peek good and so have mentioned it? Which could tie in nicely with the theory that Jake was bussing Lucy earlier. My only downside is that I'm not getting mad wolfy vibes off Lucy myself and without that my hypothesis falls apart :rolleyes::o
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Do we have a seer peak tonight, would it be worth looking at Lucy as bandwagon seems to be on her, is she an innocent villager or Jake's wolf team mate?
    Does he back down though - his last post still says:

But he hasn't appeared since...

To me, I would err on Lucy being village - just because Jake seemed to jump on Strawbs post - even looked like a typo in there in the rush to get on board that train. Doesn't clear her - but as JP Liz said would Lucy be a good person to peek this evening?

OK can we move on now to look at tonight's lynch?

User Name Posts
    beakerjoe 35
    Trigger 29
    Strawberry Milkshake 27
    Riona WW 26
    Milana Old Mosquito 20
    Also Starring LeVar Burton 17
    JP Liz V1 16
    LadySkunk 14
    Mary WW 12
    Frank WW 12
    Rikand 11
    TheValeyard 11
    Doris WW 9
    Jake WW 9
    Orla WW 6
    Liam WW 6
    Whiplashy 5
    Lucy WW 5
    Clodagh WW 4
    sullivlo 4
    Senan WW 3

For me, there is probably a wolf hiding among the lower posters for sure. sullivlo and Clodagh have not contributed much. Senan has just come on to accuse LadySkunk of being too helpful to LeVar and then vanished again.
    beakerjoe - you look like you are looking towards Rikand - I'd like to hear more from Rikand on that.
    Not a lot to go on really!

Im suspicious of Rikand, sure. My vote may not swing his way.

Senan is someone Id like to hear more from. Hes made accusations..... with no basis.

Lucy and Doris's interactions do not clear them either despites Rikands "feelings"

And lets be clear, just because Im suspicious of someone doesn't make them a wolf. Many a villager has been killed day one for little or nothing. I take that into account when making my mind up.

A clever wolf does their best to be under little or no suspicion.

But with Pat dead, we are in a good position to mislynch early.

Ahh yeah it was said twice. Now, if I was to go down a rabbit hole which I'm not a stranger to every now and again :P Could it be a case that either of the two gals here know that Lucy will peek good and so have mentioned it? Which could tie in nicely with the theory that Jake was bussing Lucy earlier. My only downside is that I'm not getting mad wolfy vibes off Lucy myself and without that my hypothesis falls apart :rolleyes::o

When I suggested it, to be honest, I forgot that there was a wolf who would peek good. I think there has been some back and forth today on the Is Lucy good or bad because Jake called Wolf, which is why I suggested it.
    I am leaning towards village on Lucy myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I did miss it, but having seen it since I would give null read on it. For tone reasons

Advertisement