Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: Father Ted 2 GAME THREAD

Comments

Whiplashy wrote: »
    Unfortunately you don't have the ability to peak

michael-collins-rea-screenshot1.jpg

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

As opposed to doing baseless FFAs that mean nothing?

Not particularly, I like to have a point of reference to look back at people's thoughts and how they evolve over the game rather than throwing a dart at a board. My instincts are flawed like everyone else but if someone has sound logic then i can forgive poor instincts and hopefully that works both ways

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Doris WW wrote: »
    This post felt a bit odd to me. To be fair, I've misread it on my skim read and had a note on that you were fishing if H2D was Jack with the brick thing but you were talking about the the Milk float brick I presume?

I was replying to ASLVB there and yes I was referencing the milk float brick and Pat Mustard.

Even misreading it I can't see where I was questioning anything, I was putting forward my ideas in response to ASLVBs questions. H2D later clarified so my ideas were nonsense anyway.

Also I think FFAs are a good thing but we need to be thinking about collating them at around 7 rather than starting them then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Frank WW wrote: »
    I was replying to ASLVB there and yes I was referencing the milk float brick and Pat Mustard.

Even misreading it I can't see where I was questioning anything, I was putting forward my ideas in response to ASLVBs questions. H2D later clarified so my ideas were nonsense anyway.

I don't think there was anything off about Frank's post at all. Quite the leap to say there was anything them, Doris.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Yeah, my vote is in for Clodagh. The below is my reasoning - click into it to see Clodagh's posts.
    Orla WW wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of Clodagh so far. The below is on the assumption (which is pretty strong) that H2D is good.

We know that the wolves didn't have the prize so I think the wolves would want this information out. I realise villagers would too, but wolves would want to try to prise out any info they can.

Trying to lay the groundwork for more collaboration next time (and avoid a fellow wolf death)

Now I dislike this probably the most. I think moving Lucy to likely village is fair (clearing is going too far in my book). But instead we get a big attack on SM. SM also wasn't the only one to move Lucy off the chopping block for tonight, but Clodagh has gone in hard here. Don't think anyone else has really gone for SM (could be wrong) but it feels like a wolf trying to find a rationale for voting for someone without much heat.

Rikand wrote: »
    Genie.gif

You were right riona
    Senan, sulli and clodagh all show up together when riona mentions their names..gotta be at least wolf in there somewhere
    When riona mentioned that there were low posters we needed to target, those wolves were far away

But then when they started getting more mentions, they were in the caravan with us.

(Basically, wolves lurking outside of the thread, appear when their names get mentioned and suspicion points their way)

Rikand is quite hard on the genie thing. I'm not a fan of this either. Maybe it's because they think they're up for the chop and were just throwing stuff out and hoping something sticks.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

It's based on the idea that Trigger may be a wolf and made a slip with TMI.

Senan still hadn't shown up and Trigger said Senan was coming from Rugged Island. Fr Dick is from Rugged Island. If Senan flips as Fr Dick then it's a two for one.

It's flimsy but it's Day 1 and having tmi has given wolves away before.

I thought you thought Trigger was Fr Dick Byrne?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Lucy WW

Orla WW wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of Clodagh so far. The below is on the assumption (which is pretty strong) that H2D is good.

We know that the wolves didn't have the prize so I think the wolves would want this information out. I realise villagers would too, but wolves would want to try to prise out any info they can.

Trying to lay the groundwork for more collaboration next time (and avoid a fellow wolf death)

Now I dislike this probably the most. I think moving Lucy to likely village is fair (clearing is going too far in my book). But instead we get a big attack on SM. SM also wasn't the only one to move Lucy off the chopping block for tonight, but Clodagh has gone in hard here. Don't think anyone else has really gone for SM (could be wrong) but it feels like a wolf trying to find a rationale for voting for someone without much heat.

Mind meld.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

All pretty quiet in here. Me thinks the furballs aren't too worried about the lynch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,682 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

It's a hard read. I thought 2D was bit suss earlier with the constant priest pics, thought he was trying too hard to pass as priestly and Jake might have been onto something. But a brick in the face will show you how wrong you can be.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

Riona WW wrote: »
    I thought you thought Trigger was Fr Dick Byrne?

No. I think that Trigger might have known that Senan is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

My vote is in on Senan for the reasons I gave earlier.

For that reason Trigger is on my list too.

Skunk is my other suspect but that's just gut feel.

Frankly, I don't care for Senan, and would be happy for him to be lynched, he has been suspicious straight from the start for me. My own vote has been on Doris, as I have said I believe that Jane bussed at least one other wolf early days as he had no idea a brick was flying his way.

Jake not Jane obv

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

All pretty quiet in here. Me thinks the furballs aren't too worried about the lynch

Good point.

Unfortunately you don't have the ability to peak

And you know this how...

No. I think that Trigger might have known that Senan is.

Apologies, I remembered this post wrong - I thought you were calling Trigger Fr Dick - I stand corrected. If Senan is village, it doesn't clear Trigger though.
    Oh there are places. It's just interesting that you chose Rugged Island rather than anywhere else as the place where Senan is coming from, given that Fr Dick Byrne is from there. Makes me wonder if you're a wolf and know that Fr Dick hasn't shown up in the Wolf Den yet.

Lucy WW wrote: »
    Howdy. Gonna quickly catch up.

And caught up. yay

Will go read OP now....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod Announcement

45 mins left to vote - don't forget to vote!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

seer won't be posting results for at least a few days anyhow, so don't get knickers in a twist, just note it for when the seer eventually reveals.

Don't get my knickers in a twist, how charming :D

A bit of an odd response though considering it's a clear fact that the alpha wolf will peek good regardless of how many days it is until the seer reveals. Pointing it out today when people are asking for others to be peeked isn't an entirely bad thing when there's so little else to look into.

Ive done a bit of a speed read but as I said before I've college, I thought I'd get out a bit earlier but it's a group project thing so running a bit later. I've no mad strong reads on anyone so I'm not sure where my vote will go but I'll post when I do

I've flip flopped between Senan and Clodagh today, and after a bit of a read back, I'm voting for Clodagh. She has kept well below the radar, has posted 5 times only (turning up after her name was mentioned), and failed to address any of the accusations address against her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Doris WW wrote: »
    Mad stuff

Anyway, my migraine is getting worse! Why Rikand? And what's Senan done to get mentioned a few times?

Reading back through the thread and this stood out to me. For someone who dissected whiplashy, Frank, and beakerjoe's posts, but failed to pick up on anything odd about the Senan's jumping straight in with accusations on his first few posts, throws up a bit of a red flag for me. There is a question mark over Senan for me still, and they're really the only two that I have any reasoning at all for at the moment, but my gut instinct is Doris.

It's not a lot to go on, but right now, my intention is to vote for Doris.

LadySkunk wrote: »
    Don't get my knickers in a twist, how charming :D

A bit of an odd response though considering it's a clear fact that the alpha wolf will peek good regardless of how many days it is until the seer reveals. Pointing it out today when people are asking for others to be peeked isn't an entirely bad thing when there's so little else to look into.

Ive done a bit of a speed read but as I said before I've college, I thought I'd get out a bit earlier but it's a group project thing so running a bit later. I've no mad strong reads on anyone so I'm not sure where my vote will go but I'll post when I do

Do you expect the seer to reveal their peeks after each peek? Or do you expect, later in the thy will reveal all their peeks together?

Do you not believe the seer knows exactly how to play their role and know that 1, and only 1, of their village peeks could actually be bad.

Why should the 13 villagers who are not the seer worry about this on day1, with a lynch in 30 minutes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Trigger wrote: »
    Frankly, I don't care for Senan, and would be happy for him to be lynched, he has been suspicious straight from the start for me. My own vote has been on Doris, as I have said I believe that Jane bussed at least one other wolf early days as he had no idea a brick was flying his way.

You believe a wolf picked on another wolf from the start?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod Announcement

Less than 30 mins to vote - 3 players need to do so yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Well it can happen.

Although in hindsight, Jake should have been targetting all villagers as he would have been hoping to get lynched so he could take a villager with him. If he kept leading wagons on villagers, it wouldnt be long before the angry mob would take him out.

A brick he did not expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Do you expect the seer to reveal their peeks after each peek? Or do you expect, later in the thy will reveal all their peeks together?

Do you not believe the seer knows exactly how to play their role and know that 1, and only 1, of their village peeks could actually be bad.

Why should the 13 villagers who are not the seer worry about this on day1, with a lynch in 30 minutes?

You were the one who quoted my post from earlier and I was responding to it?

Seems like an awful lot of putting words in my mouth, your two posts towards me stink so far considering my initial post talking about people requesting seer peeks had actually said I didn't get mad wolf vibes off of you but thanks for the vote inspiration. I appreciate it.

Vote going in for Lucy :)

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

They were single posts, and that's really all he did, he threw shade on three posters then got hit by a brick, I've say he would probably have named half the thread by now if he was still alive

• Advertisement

Riona WW wrote: »
    I've flip flopped between Senan and Clodagh today, and after a bit of a read back, I'm voting for Clodagh. She has kept well below the radar, has posted 5 times only (turning up after her name was mentioned), and failed to address any of the accusations address against her.

I mean if they've barely posted how are they meant to have addressed accusations?

Advertisement