Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Werewolf: Father Ted 2 GAME THREAD

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,630 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Liam WW wrote: »
    Well then I didnt vote at 858 either it was around 8 as I stated a readthrough of day at around 20 to 8 and then posted vote

Sully posted at 8.58

Currently on a con call at the moment.

May want to have a look at LeVars posts, he is playing to the newbie role in a few posts possibly pocketing Lucy & BJ asking "What is the play here" while in other posts he seems to come off like an experienced player knows what he is doing.

Will have a deeper look after lunch

Trigger wrote: »
    Sully posted at 8.58

voted*

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Lucy WW

Sully posted at 8.58

@ Liz

Can you recall at what time you voted for rikand on monday.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

OK Some of Orla's posts that are relevant around suspicions, all which are quite dated now with everything that has happened since!
    She had called SM(Desmond)/Lucy/Myself out as possible wolves - we know now that Desmond was Biship Brennan. She also had Vale on her bottom list.
    So was it due to this I wonder?
    Orla WW wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of Clodagh so far. The below is on the assumption (which is pretty strong) that H2D is good.

We know that the wolves didn't have the prize so I think the wolves would want this information out. I realise villagers would too, but wolves would want to try to prise out any info they can.

Trying to lay the groundwork for more collaboration next time (and avoid a fellow wolf death)

Now I dislike this probably the most. I think moving Lucy to likely village is fair (clearing is going too far in my book). But instead we get a big attack on SM. SM also wasn't the only one to move Lucy off the chopping block for tonight, but Clodagh has gone in hard here. Don't think anyone else has really gone for SM (could be wrong) but it feels like a wolf trying to find a rationale for voting for someone without much heat.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Your latest post (post 1 above) seems to contradict your earlier post (post 2).

You didnt know if they peek'd me then switch to say you thought they said it.

Smell of backtracking here. Rikand backtracked. Just sayin.

You seemed too eager to hop on the H2D kill beaker band wagon, esp when its anything but a sure thing.

Those two things are not contradictory. I misread the post but was sure they said they'd peeked you. I did not know that they had actually done so - how would I? My whole argument was about why would they say they peeked you as a wolf if they were a villager and they hadn't actually peeked you as a wolf. The whole thing falls apart if they didn't actually say they'd peeked you.
    Table stolen from BJ

Now I was on the clodagh = wolf train yesterday but the lack of a vote to self-preserve last night does make me feel a bit better about the whole thing. Perhaps the wolves were caught off guard on the rikand vote, but clodagh it was fairly well-known that they were up for the lynch. So I'd have a wolf in SM/Lucy/Riona, and at this point I'm happiest with Lucy of the lot.

Other than that I'd be leaning towards sulli being good (not cleared but a bold move to put a late vote in on a teammate when there was no clear wagon). I'd be somewhat less happy with the rest of the rikand voters being good but they wouldn't be in my suspects pile. Beaker was top of the list before my error was pointed out to me. Senan I can't really see being a wolf with Rikand's vote for them, as well as their lack of self-preservation.

So people I'm fairly happy with
    H2D
    Senan
    Clodagh
    Sulli (least happy of the top four)

Still happy enough with the following but less so than the above.
    Liam
    JP
    BJ
    Lucy

One of these potentially, but not too likely (can't see two lumping on senan at the minute, unless both there are 2 on clodagh)
    Frank
    Mary

That leaves
    I'm guessing one of these is a wolf based on the Clodagh vote
    SM
    Riona

Then there would be 2 in the final four, potentially split)
    Trigger
    ASLB
    Vale
    Skunk

Lynch Candidate Voters Total Votes
    Rikand beakerjoe, JP Liz V1, Liam WW, sullivlo 4
    Clodagh WW Strawberry Milkshake, Lucy WW, Orla WW, Riona WW 4
    Senan WW Rikand, Frank WW, Whiplashy, Mary WW 4
    Doris WW Trigger, Also Starring LeVar Burton 2
    Lucy WW TheValeyard, LadySkunk 2
    Milana Old Mosquito Milana Old Mosquito 1
    LadySkunk Senan WW 1
    Strawberry Milkshake Clodagh WW 1
    Whiplashy Doris WW 1
    Hope all is well though SM. And sorry Desmondo but I've you down as a potential wolf.
    Why would they vote for Rikand to save Senan? Surely just vote for Clodagh and Senan is saved and all is well. The only way that wouldn't be the case is if Clodagh too was a wolf. That would mean our three tied wagons last night were all wolves, two of whom didn't vote on wagon and then the remaining one of Liam or sulli voting to get rid of rikand. If Senan was a wolf, surely he'd have gained more credit for voting for Rikand and bussing a wolf?

I really just don't get the Senan = wolf thing. What do you think if he flips good (which I think is more likely) - do you still go for sulli and liam?

Lynch Candidate Voters Total Votes
    Rikand beakerjoe, JP Liz V1, Liam WW, sullivlo 4
    Clodagh WW Strawberry Milkshake, Lucy WW, Orla WW, Riona WW 4
    Senan WW Rikand, Frank WW, Whiplashy, Mary WW 4
    Doris WW Trigger, Also Starring LeVar Burton 2
    Lucy WW TheValeyard, LadySkunk 2
    Milana Old Mosquito Milana Old Mosquito 1
    LadySkunk Senan WW 1
    Strawberry Milkshake Clodagh WW 1
    Whiplashy Doris WW 1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I voted early yesterday for Rikand

if liz wasn't around, i'd take early to collaborate liams time.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

So this part of Orla's post:

H2D
    Senan
    Clodagh

Liam
    JP
    BJ
    Lucy

One of these potentially, but not too likely (can't see two lumping on senan at the minute, unless both there are 2 on clodagh)
    Frank
    Mary

That leaves
    SM
    Riona

Trigger
    ASLB
    Vale
    Skunk

She was right about SM so is she right that there are 2 in that final 4 and if Trigger and Skunk are in the clear then is ASLB the remaining wolf?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

So these are my reads on those left who are unconfirmed, going from wolfiest to villageriest.

Also Starring LeVar Burton Very low key play. Definitely worth looking at.
    Senan WW Mostly shouts about shooting Mary with little else to go on.
    Liam WW Nada. Nothing to go on. Would suspect new/relatively new player here but think comments made contradict this, need to check.
    Mary WW Voted Senan N1. Is it likely 2 wolves there, given Rikand voted here? Maybe if attempt to save Rik. Voted Senan N2. No progression but some provocation from Senan.
    Riona WW Moved vote last minute, was this to not be on the same vote as Rikand?
    Lucy WW Very methodical player. Jake threw shade, SM defended. Is good enough to be a disguised wolf
    Clodagh WW Voted for SM/Des/Bishop Brennan N1, was in danger of being lynched when Riona jumped onto her last minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Can I just say, I think ye are all great. Especially Trigger. He's awesome.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

Doris WW wrote: »
    The Rikand wagon is not one I'd be examining for wolves tbh. If someone voted there, then they are high probability village. Last night was a crap shoot, wolf on wolf I dont think is happening given Pat Mustard took a brick in the skull during the day
    Mary on the counter wagon, can't see any reasoning for her vote.

Not sure would a wolf ask on thread where a lynch code is or an intentional question to look like they'd no backroom
    From the votes

Liam
    Sully
    Liz
    Bj
    Senan smell good to me
    This post felt a bit odd to me. To be fair, I've misread it on my skim read and had a note on that you were fishing if H2D was Jack with the brick thing but you were talking about the the Milk float brick I presume?

The last one was aimed at Frank

• Advertisement

Mary WW wrote: »
    The last one was aimed at Frank

And what is the significance of that?

I'm always wary of people who quote like that. You've left out the context, why?

So this part of Orla's post:

H2D
    Senan
    Clodagh

Liam
    JP
    BJ
    Lucy

Frank
    Mary

That leaves
    SM
    Riona

Trigger
    ASLB
    Vale
    Skunk

She was right about SM so is she right that there are 2 in that final 4 and if Trigger and Skunk are in the clear then is ASLB the remaining wolf?

Its not an exact science, but i'd be happy enough to flip any of the below in any order, after vale has been dispensed with.

Also Starring LeVar Burton
    Frank WW
    Liam WW
    Mary WW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,878 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I hope you are ok LeVar, tough time

Can I just say, I think ye are all great. Especially Trigger. He's awesome.

Da2qmlH8B3Vj.gif

Frank WW wrote: »

I'm always wary of people who quote like that. You've left out the context, why?

Feck all I didn't call it significant. I just put it in as one of her posts.

I can't really see anything common from Doris and Orla except SM/Desmond. Good enough reason to take out Doris I presume so with Orla gone it's the Valeyard call-out or maybe The Valeyard and ASLB.

Lucy WW wrote: »
    Its not an exact science, but i'd be happy enough to flip any of the below in any order, after vale has been dispensed with.

Also Starring LeVar Burton
    Frank WW
    Liam WW
    Mary WW

I know everybody says it but I am absolute villager. If I was wolf would I be drawing attention to the munches being unexpected people and looking for a pattern there?

So these are my reads on those left who are unconfirmed, going from wolfiest to villageriest.

Liam WW Nada. Nothing to go on. Would suspect new/relatively new player here but think comments made contradict this, need to check.
    Mary WW Voted Senan N1. Is it likely 2 wolves there, given Rikand voted here? Maybe if attempt to save Rik. Voted Senan N2. No progression but some provocation from Senan.
    Lucy WW Very methodical player. Jake threw shade, SM defended. Is good enough to be a disguised wolf
    Clodagh WW Voted for SM/Des/Bishop Brennan N1, was in danger of being lynched when Riona jumped onto her last minute.

Just on me, your argument is I moved my vote last minute (half an hour before the lynch) so as not to be on the same vote as Rikand, so I moved it to be on the same vote as SM?
    Also by switching my vote, I posted why I did so, there wasnt much between Clodagh or Senan for me, but Orla did a good summary of Clodaghs posts at the time which is why I switched.

on the quote, you can click the blue arrow and it brings you to the post in the thread where you can read it in full.

Riona WW wrote: »
    Just on me, your argument is I moved my vote last minute (half an hour before the lynch) so as not to be on the same vote as Rikand, so I moved it to be on the same vote as SM?
    Also by switching my vote, I posted why I did so, there wasnt much between Clodagh or Senan for me, but Orla did a good summary of Clodaghs posts at the time which is why I switched.

That's a fair point actually about you being on the same vote as SM. I have you in the bottom half of my suspects tbf.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

not new player just one with a crap laptop that keeps freezing and bluescreening which is a pain for typing and retyping

I know everybody says it but I am absolute villager. If I was wolf would I be drawing attention to the munches being unexpected people and looking for a pattern there?

they are unexpected because bodyguard is still in play. It they went for expected, then bodyguard would save and they wouldn't have a munch.

@ Liz

Can you recall at what time you voted for rikand on monday.

6ish 7ish it was early in the evening

Ok first every game I play I come cross as fluffy so it aint going to change now I go by gut which is annoying for others but its how I play. Secondly off allday because it is the first time in 6 weeks I have been able to spend time with kiddo without going, have you done your maths now and I am caching up on housework christmas decs to attic etc. I will post in the morning then evening.
    thirdly #FFA

I think Lucy its been bothering me since yeserday that Rik was using Doris to cover for Lucy have read today and still cant get it out of my head.
    Sulli suggesting to shoot H2D odd
    Still JP Liz from yesterday reaction to Lucy similar to Rik
    I've 2 other people I am also looking at but want to go over their post before I vote
    In this game most people play by gut, they go a missing letter or how a sentence is phrased so now you are examining me cos I said on Doris, I also said the first thing that struck me. So work away I went with my gut out of the 4 people who stood out to me.
    WhenI started playing first players always said check the high and low posters then check the middle

Liam has definitely played before. Would seem experienced by these comments.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Liam has definitely played before. Would seem experienced by these comments.

yup have confirmed have played before

on the quote, you can click the blue arrow and it brings you to the post in the thread where you can read it in full.

Yes, I know that and as I was involved in the conversation, I know the context. I also know that most people don't do that.

My point is that Mary chose a random quote from Doris and posted that it was directed at me. Why? Why quote that? Doris made more than 4 posts.

• Advertisement

Yes, I know that and as I was involved in the conversation, I know the context. I also know that most people don't do that.

My point is that Mary chose a random quote from Doris and posted that it was directed at me. Why? Why quote that? Doris made more than 4 posts.

i thought the 2nd quote was the most agenda driven. you though 4th.
    They are in my POE (process of elimination list)

She did but a lot of them say nothing really. You may notice I kept some posts out but didn't keep out the one about me. I have nothing to hide.

LadySkunk wrote: »
    Sorry sorry sorry I’m just awake, was a struggle to peel myself out of bed :o

It’s my birthday today :)

This game is mad it has it all doesn’t it :pac:

Happy Birthday

She did but a lot of them say nothing really. You may notice I kept some posts out but didn't keep out the one about me. I have nothing to hide.

The post that says you are unlikely a wolf. :pac::P:cool::D

i thought the 2nd quote was the most agenda driven. you though 4th.
    They are in my POE (process of elimination list)

I see your point. I'm self-involved I guess and notice things directed at me :pac:

• Advertisement

Father Dougal Maguire - Vigilante. Can take aim at a player once per cycle (Cycle = 1 day and 1 night phase)

Have we a vig shot today?

We need to win this for Ted / BJ, come on village

The Rikand wagon is not one I'd be examining for wolves tbh. If someone voted there, then they are high probability village. Last night was a crap shoot, wolf on wolf I dont think is happening given Pat Mustard took a brick in the skull during the day
    Are you under scrutiny? Think you are confusing legit questions with scrutiny
    Mary on the counter wagon, can't see any reasoning for her vote.

Not sure would a wolf ask on thread where a lynch code is or an intentional question to look like they'd no backroom
    From the votes

Liam
    Sully
    Liz
    Bj
    Senan smell good to me
    Why did you vote for yourself
    Senan looks good from this
    Hes at least 50% right anyway
    Haha my days! Best ever village start?

Fair play BJ, great shout, didn't see it at all tbh
    Not particularly, I like to have a point of reference to look back at people's thoughts and how they evolve over the game rather than throwing a dart at a board. My instincts are flawed like everyone else but if someone has sound logic then i can forgive poor instincts and hopefully that works both ways
    This post felt a bit odd to me. To be fair, I've misread it on my skim read and had a note on that you were fishing if H2D was Jack with the brick thing but you were talking about the the Milk float brick I presume?
    Lack of FFAs or where people are voting is a bit worrying

Whippy for me

I'd have Frank as a bit bogey too. His questioning of the brick stood out as weird

BJs popping at Rikand feels a bit off. Not a lynchable offence from reading what Rikand actually said

Ffa1
    Whippy
    Frank
    BJ
    Check your PM id say Mary or PM the mods
    I thought the favour was funny. I also thought Jake diving on me as a wolf was a bit ****ty tbh so was happy enough with him getting bricked
    H2D is not getting lynched full stop, he didn't just take out a vanilla wolf, he took out a roled wolf. No wolf team does that
    Where is Triggers TMI?
    Oh sorry, that was the TMI

Those are the last few.

The post that says you are unlikely a wolf. :pac::P:cool::D

Actually I didn't see it that way. She said there was a possibilty I asked it to make it look like I had no backroom so the post about me could be taken either way.

Those are the last few.

The ones I left out @Frank were the ones to do with H2D and Jake really.

Have we a vig shot today?

We need to win this for Ted / BJ, come on village

Yeah, come on, we can do this!!!

beakerjoe wrote: »
    In Fantasy land

Trigger was peeked good.

Happy Liz?

Seriously though, no one has claimed to have peeked anyone, we are all as eligible to be wolves at this stage bar H2D, who bricked a roled wolf.

Take your pick.

Reading back through BJ's posts and think this is definitive confirmation.

Reading back through BJ's posts and think this is definitive confirmation.

We need more proof

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Currently on a con call at the moment.

May want to have a look at LeVars posts, he is playing to the newbie role in a few posts possibly pocketing Lucy & BJ asking "What is the play here" while in other posts he seems to come off like an experienced player knows what he is doing.

Will have a deeper look after lunch

Just skimming thread now while I have a minute, but will have to go AWOL again, but just to address your point, I have only claimed that I am new to Werewolf on boards and online versions, but have played IRL ; there are differences between what I'm used to and the boards versions. I've not claimed to be an absolute noob.

Not entirely sure what pocketing is. I did ask BJ and Lucy what they would do in certain scenarios, but as part of a greater dialogue ; had been having a back and forth with BJ as he was wondering why I voted Doris, and my back and forth with Lucy is well documented.

You only have my word that I'm a villager, so dissect my posts all you need, and if I'm one of the only few with a question mark, by all means take a shot, better me than a roled villager at this stage.

Morning all. Just finished a virtual meeting with the bank which wasn't at all scary.

So Valewolf shot our seer BJ and tried to shoot Skunk but missed. So we lynch there and we are down to a single wolf. Not likely to get anything from the lynch votes tonight.

Just on the lynch tonight - I hope our vig still has a shot today. If the vig missed taking out Vale earlier, does that mean they will have a shot after 9pm again?
    Then is there anything to be said for not lynching Vale, just to see how the chips fall so we do get something from tonight's vote? At 9:01pm then the vig can just take out Vale? Or am I missing something major with a strategy like this?

Senan WW wrote: »
    Still think Mary is worth a bullet tbh
    Prefer to wait for a seer check. Might have gotten two wolves already. Or the raffle prize could give us a peek at someone.

Searching through Vales posts and this is really the only thing that got my attention through the endless droves of fluff. its small, but really the only thing i could take from his posts so far

• Advertisement

Riona WW wrote: »
    Just on the lynch tonight - I hope our vig still has a shot today. If the vig missed taking out Vale earlier, does that mean they will have a shot after 9pm again?
    Then is there anything to be said for not lynching Vale, just to see how the chips fall so we do get something from tonight's vote? At 9:01pm then the vig can just take out Vale? Or am I missing something major with a strategy like this?

One shot per cycle, so if they shoot during the day they cant shoot during night again

I've gotten two so far, the brick and another one I'm keeping secret for the moment so as to not give anything away to wolfies but will let you all know tomorrow

Did you reveal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Jake

Feck first post
    Says Doris smells of wolf
    Asks did we find any wolves yet?
    Questions Lucy about being Jack
    Agrees with Strawbs about Lucy pretending to be Jack
    Says what nice teeth Ladyskunk has

Rikand

Says H2D had great shot, laughed so hard at Jake dying
    Says H2D, Doris and Lucy likely villagers
    Says Lucy comes off good from exchange with Jake
    Says case against Lucy is too convoluted to be directed at a wolf
    Missed post about LadySkunk and when questioned by Trigger, says it’s null
    Questions going after low posters on day 1
    Backed down on Doris and Lucy when questioned by Beaker
    When asked by Senan what he proved, says “oh I think you know what is proven”
    Says Senan, Clodagh and Sulli genie when mentioned by Riona, must be a wolf in here
    Says Sulli might be only villager in there
    Votes on Senan for genieing
    Names Senan, Clodagh and Frank as suspicious
    Thinks NRVs should come out of seer cover (LOL)

Strawbs/Desmond

First post saying wolf catching is easy
    Questions Lucy over alluding to be Jack
    Says H2D definitely a villager, no way does a wolf take out one of their own like that
    Asks can we clear Lucy now
    Questions whether it would be a risk bussing Lucy on day 1
    Asks Clodagh about her thinking Strawbs, Jake and Lucy were bussing on day 1
    Says she suspected Lucy before Jake died but now leaning village
    Says Beaker voting Rikand is a good look for him
    Voted for H2D
    Says time to look and see did anyone take H2D up on his wolf bait
    Questions H2Ds claim about Beaker being a wolf and whether he won a peek for his prize
    Says going to read back over Beaker to see what he saw in him as a wolf

TheValeyard

Suspect of Lucy, not set in stone
    Suspicious of Clodagh and Liam
    No read on Frank
    Wants Lucy looked at as two different players

Did you reveal?

Yeah I was able to track a player and I tracked Beaker and found out he visited Valeyard last night so I knew he knew he was a wolf from what he was saying this morning

Yeah I was able to track a player and I tracked Beaker and found out he visited Valeyard last night so I knew he knew he was a wolf from what he was saying this morning

Hey that was a private visit!!!

Jake

Feck first post
    Says Doris smells of wolf
    Asks did we find any wolves yet?
    Questions Lucy about being Jack
    Agrees with Strawbs about Lucy pretending to be Jack
    Says what nice teeth Ladyskunk has

Rikand

Says H2D had great shot, laughed so hard at Jake dying
    Says H2D, Doris and Lucy likely villagers
    Says Lucy comes off good from exchange with Jake
    Says case against Lucy is too convoluted to be directed at a wolf
    Missed post about LadySkunk and when questioned by Trigger, says it’s null
    Questions going after low posters on day 1
    Backed down on Doris and Lucy when questioned by Beaker
    When asked by Senan what he proved, says “oh I think you know what is proven”
    Says Senan, Clodagh and Sulli genie when mentioned by Riona, must be a wolf in here
    Says Sulli might be only villager in there
    Votes on Senan for genieing
    Names Senan, Clodagh and Frank as suspicious
    Thinks NRVs should come out of seer cover (LOL)

Strawbs/Desmond

First post saying wolf catching is easy
    Questions Lucy over alluding to be Jack
    Says H2D definitely a villager, no way does a wolf take out one of their own like that
    Asks can we clear Lucy now
    Questions whether it would be a risk bussing Lucy on day 1
    Asks Clodagh about her thinking Strawbs, Jake and Lucy were bussing on day 1
    Says she suspected Lucy before Jake died but now leaning village
    Says Beaker voting Rikand is a good look for him
    Voted for H2D
    Says time to look and see did anyone take H2D up on his wolf bait
    Questions H2Ds claim about Beaker being a wolf and whether he won a peek for his prize
    Says going to read back over Beaker to see what he saw in him as a wolf

TheValeyard

Suspect of Lucy, not set in stone
    Suspicious of Clodagh and Liam
    No read on Frank
    Wants Lucy looked at as two different players

BaggyRareBongo-size_restricted.gif

Searching through Vales posts and this is really the only thing that got my attention through the endless droves of fluff. its small, but really the only thing i could take from his posts so far

his-eyebrows

I have said I am village already and have been trying to work through posts to find the last wolf.
    People can read what they want in it but anyone thinking I am a wolf is wrong.

All the wolves mentioned Lucy in some form and a lot saying she's likely village. I don't know does a whole wolf team do something like that? But why were they all so on her side at the same time it's mad like was it a case where they were role hunting on day 1 then when Jake got the brick in the face they got freaked? And they wanted to keep her on their good side maybe but if they suspected anything why didn't they munch her?

Hmmmm honorable mentions of Senan, Clodagh, Doris, Frank and Sulli too

• Advertisement

Hang on now, I was calling 2D out on his madness. That aint fluff.

Advertisement