Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: Father Ted 2 GAME THREAD

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Lucy WW wrote: »
    its very quiet, the wolves much be happy with the lynch.

Or people have things to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,691 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Frank WW wrote: »
    Or people have things to do.

Like mess up the village and make a fatal mistake?

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Trigger wrote: »
    We need to start talking about alternatives in case the Vig does get a shot in before Lynch.

I'll be off and on again sporadically this evening so I'll throw mine down now.

Liam- low poster, blaming his laptop for this, surely he has a phone where he could post. I'm still not happy with him popping up on thread directly after he was questioned by me early days, I suppose he got his laptop sorted at just the right time.

Mary- the excuse of not posting because someone told her to butt out doesn't wash with me. Like Liam she had been flying under the radar until it became apparent that there really is no place to hide anymore as the posters have been whittled down a bit. A post from Vale before all this ****e went down was to try to stop the vig from shooting her. It was small enough but along with the above makes her warrant inclusion here.

LeVar- I do think he reads as an experienced player and he does know what he is doing. Twice pocketing players (Beaker and Lucy) by asking them what the current play should be threw up a flag for me to be added here. He's down lower as I didn't really get the chance to do a full review of the rest of his posts.

Not a wolf, but as I said, not a roled villager, so better me than a more important player.

The two that were bottom of my list, and I was most suspicious of this morning, were Vale and Mary.

I've never denied playing the game before, just not online, it takes a bit to adapt to compared to playing in person (I also generally play with the same people IRL and can read them easier, so need to get used to playing detective to the same extent you lot do), and there are aspects that are entirely new to me, but look I get the suspicion, and there's little I can do to clear myself at this stage - I expect eyes on me until I'm killed or we get the remaining wolves and the game is over.

Very little else that I can add to my case. It is what it is to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Lucy WW wrote: »
    its very quiet, the wolves much be happy with the lynch.

There's only one wolf other than Vale though, he's having the time of his life and it would be mad suspect if somebody started kicking up a stink. They would be happy anyways because they'll get to hide in the Vale wagon

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

LadySkunk wrote: »
    There's only one wolf other than Vale though, he's having the time of his life and it would be mad suspect if somebody started kicking up a stink. They would be happy anyways because they'll get to hide in the Vale wagon

This was my point earlier - its a pity there hasn't been a vig shot, because everyone will have cast their Vale votes by now, and we will get nothing from the lynch tonight. Someone will win the raffle prize (probably a villager, hopefully a gun), but we have very little to go on as to how to use it.

• Advertisement

Riona WW wrote: »
    This was my point earlier - its a pity there hasn't been a vig shot, because everyone will have cast their Vale votes by now, and we will get nothing from the lynch tonight. Someone will win the raffle prize (probably a villager, hopefully a gun), but we have very little to go on as to how to use it.

Do you think so? I think the days activities have been productive and it's not lynch time yet.

I think it is just a personal thing - I feel like I've been absent for a bit of the day due to work, so need to sit down and have a good read through once I log off the work laptop for the evening.

I plan on pouring myself a large gin while doing so! This might be me in a few hours :pac:

876315351-tumblr_m7mpp41XMM1qh63ayo1_500.png

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Mary WW wrote: »
    I am being accused of being a fluffy poster. I tried to get involved in a conversation yesterday and was basically told to butt out because the discussion was between two others.

This was what started it off. I was not accused of not posting, it was fluffy. And I am not brand new but I have not played much and a mod tells you to stay out of a conversation, it does take you aback.

Mary ; keeps asking if she can express her opinion after a seemingly throwaway "butt out" from Rikand during the Rikand v Beaker debate, which is starting to read as "I'm hiding behind this because it's convenient for me to not give my opinions"

I asked once if I could express an opinion on something and now ASLB says I always and people jump on that as the sbsolute truth
    Trigger wrote: »
    We need to start talking about alternatives in case the Vig does get a shot in before Lynch.

I'll be off and on again sporadically this evening so I'll throw mine down now.

Liam- low poster, blaming his laptop for this, surely he has a phone where he could post. I'm still not happy with him popping up on thread directly after he was questioned by me early days, I suppose he got his laptop sorted at just the right time.

Mary- the excuse of not posting because someone told her to butt out doesn't wash with me. Like Liam she had been flying under the radar until it became apparent that there really is no place to hide anymore as the posters have been whittled down a bit. A post from Vale before all this ****e went down was to try to stop the vig from shooting her. It was small enough but along with the above makes her warrant inclusion here.[/B]

LeVar- I do think he reads as an experienced player and he does know what he is doing. Twice pocketing players (Beaker and Lucy) by asking them what the current play should be threw up a flag for me to be added here. He's down lower as I didn't really get the chance to do a full review of the rest of his posts.

I have post more than a lot of people here. That comment from Valeyard is bull.

I am village and have done nothing today but try figure this out. Other people are lying a lot lower. It's hard to know what way to play this game. Really feel I should only read threads from now on and not get involved because there seem to be so many levels I just don't get.

tumblr_p1jtdiTeo01qju7m4o4_500.gif?w=605&ssl=1

Dammit - I just thought of the perfect Fr Ted moment for all these stupid Capaldi posts. Too good not to share - even if it is giving him more attention.

?width=268&version=3876769

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,305 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Also Starring LeVar Burton
    Clodagh WW
    Frank WW
    JP Liz V1
    LadySkunk
    Liam WW
    Lucy WW
    Mary WW
    Riona WW
    Senan WW
    TheValeyard - Wolf
    Trigger

So we have one more wolf to find, what is everyone's opinions reads, for me Liam, Mary and Riona are my suss list

• Advertisement

This was what started it off. I was not accused of not posting, it was fluffy. And I am not brand new but I have not played much and a mod tells you to stay out of a conversation, it does take you aback.

I asked once if I could express an opinion on something and now ASLB says I always and people jump on that as the sbsolute truth

I am village and have done nothing today but try figure this out. Other people are lying a lot lower. It's hard to know what way to play this game. Really feel I should only read threads from now on and not get involved because there seem to be so many levels I just don't get.
    /OffTopic
    Mary - play the game whatever way you like - other posters will always find reasons to think you are a wolf no matter what you do.
    I am a fairly new player (but did play here a few years ago), I have been accused of being a wolf in many games for posting too much, posting too little - hell in the last game I was the vigilante, and I was accused of being a wolf because I won a prize and gave a gun to a wolf (we found this out afterwards I didn't know at the time). In that game, no matter what you did with your prize you were a wolf. It is just nature of the whole game. If you are village, you just give your reasons and move on. The poster who is throwing the accusation is then a wolf. (Joke of course) There are levels everyone doesn't get, because everyone has a different style of playing - but the point is, play the game you want, because no matter what, someone will think wolf!

Question- why is Vale so happy at the moment? Is it bull**** tactics or is there something in what Liz said earlier that he has a plan.

I still wonder if Trigger got it right earlier in that he could have won some protection at the lynch.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Question- why is Vale so happy at the moment? Is it bull**** tactics or is there something in what Liz said earlier that he has a plan.

I still wonder if Trigger got it right earlier in that he could have won some protection at the lynch.

I think he is puling a H2D all noise and distraction as he knows he has been found out and is a goner

You leave my Riona alone.

Surrender and I Will :D

Wolves try to cause confusion among the village at all times - I am not paying him much attention because that will be his aim. He might have won something, he might not, but in the meantime he knows sooner or later he is a dead man, and in the intervening period he will just try cause chaos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

It was more than once, and I don't think I'm the only one who noticed.

Liam WW wrote: »
    I think he is puling a H2D all noise and distraction as he knows he has been found out and is a goner

What if we waste a lynch on Vale who is protected from it, too cocky for my liking, really hoped the vig shot would have taken him out

Do you think so? I think the days activities have been productive and it's not lynch time yet.

Definitely. We have learned a lot.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    What if we waste a lynch on Vale who is protected from it, too cocky for my liking, really hoped the vig shot would have taken him out

Totally not protected, wide open to lynch.

He's Vale. This is very like him. He is a caught wolf. He won a bullet and shot Beaker, that we know for sure. H2D won a bullet and shot Whippy. Liz won a bullet and shot Des. Neither of them had extra bonus prizes.

This is LOL cats and trying to sow seeds of doubt.

If by some hidden mechanic he has lynch protection then the only thing I could think is that mods would be rebalancing and its tough sh1t village but I'd be shocked - the only time rebalancing really comes into play is where an unforeseen error happens that gives an advantage to one side over another. As far as I can tell that hasn't happened here. Village may have gotten lucky but it was all legitimate play.

• Advertisement

Riona WW wrote: »
    /OffTopic
    Mary - play the game whatever way you like - other posters will always find reasons to think you are a wolf no matter what you do.
    I am a fairly new player (but did play here a few years ago), I have been accused of being a wolf in many games for posting too much, posting too little - hell in the last game I was the vigilante, and I was accused of being a wolf because I won a prize and gave a gun to a wolf (we found this out afterwards I didn't know at the time). In that game, no matter what you did with your prize you were a wolf. It is just nature of the whole game. If you are village, you just give your reasons and move on. The poster who is throwing the accusation is then a wolf. (Joke of course) There are levels everyone doesn't get, because everyone has a different style of playing - but the point is, play the game you want, because no matter what, someone will think wolf!

Well said and just to add to that, none of us really know what we're doing deep down :pac:, it's all learned behaviour and constantly being wrong and making mistakes but learning from them. You won't know unless you get involved however you feel comfortable. You'll pick up little gives here and there but mostly it's just spent being a paranoid wreck and accusing everyone that even looks at you the wrong way until something sticks :D

But yeah don't take it too to heart (says me who's had multiple breakdowns over the game :p) when people are suspicious of you regardless of your alignment, unless you're confirmed there'll always be reason for people to be suspicious

It was more than once, and I don't think I'm the only one who noticed.

It was once

Lucy answered it asking for my opinion. She didn't answer till 3 in the morning. I was asleep.

He's Vale. This is very like him. He is a caught wolf. He won a bullet and shot Beaker, that we know for sure. H2D won a bullet and shot Whippy. Liz won a bullet and shot Des. Neither of them had extra bonus prizes.

If by some hidden mechanic he has lynch protection then the only thing I could think is that mods would be rebalancing and its tough sh1t village but I'd be shocked - the only time rebalancing really comes into play is where an unforeseen error happens that gives an advantage to one side over another. As far as I can tell that hasn't happened here. Village may have gotten lucky but it was all legitimate play.

You assuming that I did indeed take that shot. That another, who will remain nameless, did it for me.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Lucy WW

What do you mean a mod told you to back down, I thought that was another player.

All players in this game are just players. End of, treat all players as player in the game.

PM a forum mod (sullivlo/Baggly/quickbeam)
    Sullilvo was playing the game as a player but i don't recall her telling you to butt out, but if she did, it should be taken as a player saying it. they are the only forum mods that have authority here and when they are acting as forum mods, there will be a bolded mod message, and it will be unmistakable. As for mods from other forums, they are just players.

Well said and just to add to that, none of us really know what we're doing deep down :pac:, it's all learned behaviour and constantly being wrong and making mistakes but learning from them. You won't know unless you get involved however you feel comfortable. You'll pick up little gives here and there but mostly it's just spent being a paranoid wreck and accusing everyone that even looks at you the wrong way until something sticks :D

But yeah don't take it too to heart (says me who's had multiple breakdowns over the game :p) when people are suspicious of you regardless of your alignment, unless you're confirmed there'll always be reason for people to be suspicious

I'd second this and add that even WHEN confirmed, there can be suspicion and doubt :D

It was once

Lucy answered it asking for my opinion. She didn't answer till 3 in the morning. I was asleep.

Mary, who do you think could be a wolf, and why? Doesn't have to be just one person.

Yeah like some a-hole mod accidentally killing two wolves in the same day type of rebalancing. Wouldn't have that with the top class mod team we have now, have to be an idiot to do something like that :p We'd also get a mod announcement if there was a rebalance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,550 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Which mod was this? Can you point this post out to me?

Yeah like some a-hole mod accidentally killing two wolves in the same day type of rebalancing. Wouldn't have that with the top class mod team we have now, have to be an idiot to do something like that :p We'd also get a mod announcement if there was a rebalance

:pac: :pac: :pac:

• Advertisement

It was once

Still not in position to go digging up posts today, but if anyone isolates your posts they'll see it was more than once.

Advertisement