Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: Father Ted 2 GAME THREAD

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Liam WW wrote: »
    Are we still on 4pm dealine now that Senan has shot? I am presuming not as Frank said he could wait till tomorrow to shoot

Yes I can wait but getting your thoughts out sooner rather than later will help with the lynch.

Frank WW wrote: »
    Yes I can wait but getting your thoughts out sooner rather than later will help with the lynch.

Hilarious...that reads like I can wait for your thoughts. I meant that I can wait to take my shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

From wolfy-ness to villagery-ness

Liam ; I do believe his laptop is on the fritz, I also think he's hiding behind that excuse, to distract from the fact he's a wolf who just couldn't be bothered to read the whole thread. Liam had one of the lower Day 1 posts and Rikand was very much trying to sway things away from the low posters. Has had his hackles up and a bit defensive at times when questioned, if I had a gun to my head, which I guess I do, Liam is the one I'd take a shot at.

Riona ; for all the reasons people suspect me of being a wolf, I have to apply that same logic to Riona, she's been fairly consistent throughout in not ruffling any feathers more than she has to, and there's nothing else that I can find either way to point me in one direction or another. There's not much between herself and Liam for me.

Clodagh ; Clodagh had one of the lower Day 1 posts and Rikand was very much trying to sway things away from the low posters. Rikand later suggests, that Clodagh could be a wolf (along with Senan and Sulli), but after Jake got bricked, I think the Wolves may have stopped trying to bus each other. She targeted Strawbs for the right reasons on Day 1, and as that essentially cleared her for the time once Alpha Strawbs/Desmond was killed, Clodagh has laid low since. There was a lot of heat on the known wolves though on Day 1 by that point, so I'm still sticking to the instinct that Clodagh leans village.

Senan ; Senan had one of the lower Day 1 posts and Rikand was very much trying to sway things away from the low posters. Rikand gets called on it being as good a strategy as any by Riona, and almost to deflect attention from himself decides to put a vote on Senan, possibly hoping a bigger target would appear, or to protect one of the other low posters (Clodagh, Lucy, Liam). Some back and forth with Senan and Rikand after that on Day 1, that Senan comes out of looking good in retrospect, and then Rikand doubles down on him being a wolf. Since then the posting has been all over the place, lots of shouting lock-clear and shoot Mary, but the shot on Lucy, although pre-mature, does have me now leaning village. I don't think a Wolf would've been that reckless.

Liz ; As frustrating as her tunnelling and tinfoiling can be, I definitely lean village on Liz for taking out the Alpha.

Trigger ; happy enough that he was cleared by beaker the seer, which was backed up by Skunk the drunk.

LeVar ; I am NRV, and that's it, better me being mistakenly taken out than a roled villager.

Frank ; no counter claims to the vig, so Frank is closest to lock village that we have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Senan WW wrote: »
    Twas me

Why shot before 4pm?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Senan WW

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Why shot before 4pm?

I'm not going to be awake at 16:00 :o

• Advertisement

Everyone needs to declare their vote.

Senan WW wrote: »
    I'm not going to be awake at 16:00 :o

Have you voted and if so, who for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Gonna put a vote on Liam to lynch for the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,550 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Trigger wrote: »
    So touching on something that Skunk brought up about the wolves not acknowledging each other. Below is the amount of times that Vale mentioned each of the remaining posters

Trigger - 4 - All 4 after he was revealed as wolf
    Ladyskunk - 1 - "Bye bye ladyskunk"
    Lucy - 4 - All 4 before being revealed - throwing shade
    Frank - 3 - 2 after revealed the one before "I have no good or bad reads on Frank"
    Riona - 1 "you leave my Riona alone" after reveal
    Liam - 3 - All throwing shade before reveal - one FFA
    Senan - 0
    Liz - 0
    Clodadh - 2 both throwing shade before reveal and in an FFA
    LeVar - 0

Just to go back on this and look at the posters that Vale called out with by name.

Liam, Lucy & Clodagh
    No certain hits like 2D has. Think he'd bet his house on BJ but I'm not convinced.

I am suspect of Lucy because of day one antics and player experience, but not set in stone.

Raised eyebrow about Clodagh

Also Liam is a curious one, very, very quiet

And I've zero read good or bad on you Frank.
    I'm thinking, clodagh, Liam, or lucy
    And what exactly have you done?

And I've done a lot more than Liam. Who is basically non existent.

Extra Lucy
    I'm not convinced about Lucy yet because of the Lucy 1.0 meltdown. No read on Lucy 2.0 other than seems to be wanting to be big on evidence.

Given that Skunk had found that the wolves had made no mention of any other wolves prior to their deaths, would Vale be silly enough to step away from that.

Possibly grouping one with 2 villagers could be a play, but i think for the minute we should look away from Clodagh and Liam, and then revisit further down the line if needed

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Gonna put a vote on Liam to lynch for the moment.

Thats ok i put one in earlier on you

• Advertisement

Are we going to hear your thoughts on that vote Liam?

Thats ok i put one in earlier on you

Should probably have mentioned it on thread when you did, no reason to be keeping quiet about what way you're voting at this stage, doesn't really help anyone.

Should probably have mentioned it on thread when you did, no reason to be keeping quiet about what way you're voting at this stage, doesn't really help anyone.

HAd vote in for lucy this morning changed it after she died

Frank WW wrote: »

Are you waiting until after the lynch to take your shot?

By my own POE as set out above, leaving Liam & Clodagh out, i would be looking at LeVar and Riona. Lucy wanted a shot a Riona so i will follow that thought process and throw a placeholder on there, she is due back in the afternoon so she may convince me otherwise. I'll declare if i have changed

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

From wolfy-ness to villagery-ness

Liam ; I do believe his laptop is on the fritz, I also think he's hiding behind that excuse, to distract from the fact he's a wolf who just couldn't be bothered to read the whole thread. Liam had one of the lower Day 1 posts and Rikand was very much trying to sway things away from the low posters. Has had his hackles up and a bit defensive at times when questioned, if I had a gun to my head, which I guess I do, Liam is the one I'd take a shot at.

Riona ; for all the reasons people suspect me of being a wolf, I have to apply that same logic to Riona, she's been fairly consistent throughout in not ruffling any feathers more than she has to, and there's nothing else that I can find either way to point me in one direction or another. There's not much between herself and Liam for me.

Clodagh ; Clodagh had one of the lower Day 1 posts and Rikand was very much trying to sway things away from the low posters. Rikand later suggests, that Clodagh could be a wolf (along with Senan and Sulli), but after Jake got bricked, I think the Wolves may have stopped trying to bus each other. She targeted Strawbs for the right reasons on Day 1, and as that essentially cleared her for the time once Alpha Strawbs/Desmond was killed, Clodagh has laid low since. There was a lot of heat on the known wolves though on Day 1 by that point, so I'm still sticking to the instinct that Clodagh leans village.

Senan ; Senan had one of the lower Day 1 posts and Rikand was very much trying to sway things away from the low posters. Rikand gets called on it being as good a strategy as any by Riona, and almost to deflect attention from himself decides to put a vote on Senan, possibly hoping a bigger target would appear, or to protect one of the other low posters (Clodagh, Lucy, Liam). Some back and forth with Senan and Rikand after that on Day 1, that Senan comes out of looking good in retrospect, and then Rikand doubles down on him being a wolf. Since then the posting has been all over the place, lots of shouting lock-clear and shoot Mary, but the shot on Lucy, although pre-mature, does have me now leaning village. I don't think a Wolf would've been that reckless.

Liz ; As frustrating as her tunnelling and tinfoiling can be, I definitely lean village on Liz for taking out the Alpha.

Trigger ; happy enough that he was cleared by beaker the seer, which was backed up by Skunk the drunk.

LeVar ; I am NRV, and that's it, better me being mistakenly taken out than a roled villager.

Frank ; no counter claims to the vig, so Frank is closest to lock village that we have

I don't know if the 4pm deadline is still in play or not. But think LeVar has summed some of my thoughts up nicely here.

For me:
    Clodagh: If she seems to be getting a bye because she voted for SM, then she definitely needs looking at further - her absence on the thread was quite significant, but it almost seems she never says anything until her name is called out (and I have mentioned this a number of times before today).

Liam: Like LeVar, a broken laptop is just a very convenient excuse, but I haven't really been able to pay attention to some of his posts today.

Senan: He jumped on my "clearing" of him, and then just went "Lock Clear" - don't know if I fully agree with a wolf wouldn't have been that reckless - I do think a wolf wouldn't shoot without village approval, but he has the on thread discussion to go oh look this is why I did it! Easy out.

LeVar: Similar in that I don't have much of a read here, but the whole "I'm a newbie" defense which was hinted at a few times is an easy out - I am also a newbie, but I haven't been using that at all. Orla was munched and we haven't asked ourselves why? She had LeVar down as a possible wolf. Is that why?

My vote is with Liam - who I would go with after that would have to go LeVar, followed by Clodagh to be honest.

I'm still on LeVar, Liam and Riona

Is boards going at a snails pace for anyone else?

Sorry just trying to find a post, and have another call in 2 mins :(

Riona WW wrote: »
    LeVar: Similar in that I don't have much of a read here, but the whole "I'm a newbie" defense which was hinted at a few times is an easy out - I am also a newbie, but I haven't been using that at all. Orla was munched and we haven't asked ourselves why? She had LeVar down as a possible wolf. Is that why?

Addressed this more than once. I've not used "I'm a newbie" as a defense, I've asked about some of the terminology on occasion, which is the biggest difference as far as I can see adjusting from an in person to a game to an online game.

Pick out some post where I've hidden behind "I'm a newbie", that's been other people putting words in my mouth.

• Advertisement

Addressed this more than once. I've not used "I'm a newbie" as a defense, I've asked about some of the terminology on occasion, which is the biggest difference as far as I can see adjusting from an in person to a game to an online game.

Pick out some post where I've hidden behind "I'm a newbie", that's been other people putting words in my mouth.

I'm trying to but I think our broadband has some issues, taking an age to open anything, and can't connect to my WebEx :pac:
    If you haven't I stand corrected, but I am trying to go back and look.

I still stand over why was Orla munched though? I need to find that list again to be sure, but I think I noted yesterday she had pointed towards you.

Liam though for my vote for now - that is gut feeling based on his posting.

Having that mexican standoff feeling from Resevoir Dogs
    CLEAR DON'T SHOOT

Frank RV
    JP Liz NRV
    Trigger NRV

SHOOT ANY OF THESE

Liam NRV Put myself here as only I know who I am so others will shoot me and thats ok as I am NRV better than RV voted for RiK caught a wolf

LeVar trying hard to stay under radar just doing enough not to be spotted also one of few players left who didnt vote for Rik and hid in vit
    Riona similar to above stayed under radar voted Clodagh 2 days running CLodaghand Lucy highlighted her
    Clodagh I think is NRV voted for SM WOLF
    Senan even though he shot NRV I think he is NRV

So Me Levar or Riona

Trigger wrote: »
    By my own POE as set out above, leaving Liam & Clodagh out, i would be looking at LeVar and Riona. Lucy wanted a shot a Riona so i will follow that thought process and throw a placeholder on there, she is due back in the afternoon so she may convince me otherwise. I'll declare if i have changed

I'm in a very similar mindset. Lucy, Riona, LeVar would have been my FFA for today. Lucy is gone so that leaves the other two and of those Riona has my vote right now.

Not clearing either Liam or Clodagh but based on voting patterns and some other stuff I saw on my read back earlier which I will try to get posted, they and Senan are bottom of my list.

Riona WW wrote: »
    I'm trying to but I think our broadband has some issues, taking an age to open anything, and can't connect to my WebEx :pac:
    If you haven't I stand corrected, but I am trying to go back and look.

I still stand over why was Orla munched though? I need to find that list again to be sure, but I think I noted yesterday she had pointed towards you.

Liam though for my vote for now - that is gut feeling based on his posting.

Apparently she did, I think I saw one post where she mentioned my name in amongst a couple of other names. Hardly a campaign against me, and didn't even notice until it was pointed out by yourself.

CLEAR DON'T SHOOT

Frank RV
    JP Liz NRV
    Trigger NRV

SHOOT ANY OF THESE

Liam NRV Put myself here as only I know who I am so others will shoot me and thats ok as I am NRV better than RV voted for RiK caught a wolf

LeVar trying hard to stay under radar just doing enough not to be spotted also one of few players left who didnt vote for Rik and hid in vit
    Riona similar to above stayed under radar voted Clodagh 2 days running CLodaghand Lucy highlighted her

So Me Levar or Riona

tenor.gif?itemid=15805326

I don't understand how voting for Clodagh 2 days in a row is of any relevance - I still think Clodagh's posting and sudden appearances on the thread when her name is mentioned is very suss. Voting for SM means SFA - SM was in no danger of being lynched that night, and SM voted for her back also if I remember correctly. That is a bit of a wolf move to be fair. Neither of them were in any danger, so vote for each other, and then when one of us is found out, we can point back to that? Also I don't think I have stayed under the radar - I think for a while I was in the Top 3 posters on this thread.

I'm still voting for Liam though.

S02E09-Cd9fREUG-subtitled.jpg

I know how we can solve this! We all post a picture of our hands! We will find him by his hairy hands!

CLEAR DON'T SHOOT

Frank RV
    JP Liz NRV
    Trigger NRV

SHOOT ANY OF THESE

So Me Levar or Riona

Claiming myself or Riona are flying under any other radar when you've seemingly not read the thread fully or properly because your laptop is dodgy is probably the funniest thing I've read all game.

Keeping my vote on Liam for now, unless I'm convinced otherwise.

Claiming myself or Riona are flying under any other radar when you've seemingly not read the thread fully or properly because your laptop is dodgy is probably the funniest thing I've read all game.

Keeping my vote on Liam for now, unless I'm convinced otherwise.

Remove "other" from the first sentence. Adding words accidentally, as all wolves do (expecting Liam or Liz will claim this as fact somehow) :D

CLEAR DON'T SHOOT

Frank RV
    JP Liz NRV
    Trigger NRV

SHOOT ANY OF THESE

Riona similar to above stayed under radar voted Clodagh 2 days running
    CLodaghand Lucy highlighted her

So Me Levar or Riona

tenor.gif

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Senan WW

I feel a vote on ASLB is due. I get a wolfie tingle from his smooth responses.

Advertisement