Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: Father Ted 2 GAME THREAD

Options
1919293949597»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,413 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Necro wrote: »
    Did you get my PM, I reset your password

Didn't get pm?

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Neowise

Very enjoyable game, thanks for letting me sub in.

Lucy ww here, Liam, i believe i subbed in for you last game because your laptop was on the fritz, if that wasn't you then I vouched for in error.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Didn't get pm?

Sent again there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Neowise wrote: »
    Very enjoyable game, thanks for letting me sub in.

Lucy ww here, Liam, i believe i subbed in for you last game because your laptop was on the fritz, if that wasn't you then I vouched for in error.

Thanks for that Neo. Yup it was me. Bluescreens freezes or straight up dies. Bloody frustrating and apologies to all on one particular day all in all 102 of previous.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

So where's the march sign up thread??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

fixXxer wrote: »
    Well done everyone!

Except you trigger for shooting me in my sleep :pac:

I'd do it again in a heartbeat, my reason for that shot was that you had contributed nothing really up to that stage :pac:

I was still conflicted between Liam and Riona but thought I could read back this morning on them and separate them.

It worked out thankfully

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Trigger wrote: »
    I'd do it again in a heartbeat, my reason for that shot was that you had contributed nothing really up to that stage :pac:

I was still conflicted between Liam and Riona but thought I could read back this morning on them and separate them.

It worked out thankfully

Why didnt I read the thread properly!! If I just chanced going all in on what I thought was Liam claiming the BG role. If only!
    I am roaring laughing here reading the dead room last night with them all screaming at Trigger and Ecto to shoot me. I had convinced myself at that stage it was all over, and was even asking you to shoot me. And still nothing!
    Loved every second of it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Loved the game. Very interesting to watch and read back on.

Thank you mods, very much appreciated the effort you all put in, esp the morning newspapers.

Seems like ages ago Vale shot me.

Feels even longer than the past caught up with 2D.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,240 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think I am changing my name to alpha wolf slayer :p so take that Seth Rollins a new slayer, no one is taking that from me, getting on to Hairy Baby T Shirts to trademark Bishop Brennan getting slayed :D

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think I am changing my name to alpha wolf slayer :p so take that Seth Rollins a new slayer, no one is taking that from me, getting on to Hairy Baby T Shirts to trademark Bishop Brennan getting slayed :D

Excellent hit on Desmond.... what was your thought process.... always felt you were targeting me, hence why I wanted to rubbish Hello 2Ds claims which I felt were influencing you

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Excellent hit on Desmond.... what was your thought process.... always felt you were targeting me, hence why I wanted to rubbish Hello 2Ds claims which I felt were influencing you

It really was just gut but yes H2D was kinda getting to me

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Loved the game. Very interesting to watch and read back on.

Thank you mods, very much appreciated the effort you all put in, esp the morning newspapers.

Seems like ages ago Vale shot me.

Feels even longer than the past caught up with 2D.

And I'd do it again!!!!

Good game BJ :D well done outing me

All Eyes On Rafah

And I'd do it again!!!!

Good game BJ :D well done outing me

I was torn between you, Liam and LeVar..... felt you were the best bet after noticing nothing of note in your previous posts.

Hope you stick around Malcolm. The forum is better with you in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Well done everyone. Delighted with how the game ran. I love modding with Necro and Bags cos Necro does all the hard work and Baggsy asks the hard questions. I get to faff about making newspapers. They know well not to let me have the keys to the backrooms where the important stuff happens.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Well done everyone. Delighted with how the game ran. I love modding with Necro and Bags cos Necro does all the hard work and Baggsy asks the hard questions. I get to faff about making newspapers. They know well not to let me have the keys to the backrooms where the important stuff happens.

They were very interesting reads!

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Mollyb60 wrote: »

The were brilliant Molly, well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Most of the newspaper articles came from this blog I found and very much enjoyed reading. I only had to tweak them a bit to make them local.
    http://historicnews.blogspot.com/

History is weird.

Is it OK to ask a strategy question on here after the game?

In reading the dead room, all the experienced players said I should have munched Trigger this morning (I went for Frank the vigilante) - "you don't keep the peeked vilager".
    How I worked it out was if I went for Trigger, I still had the vigilante in play, with a bullet, which would not have gone in my favour - that's possibly 2 bullets - one for me and one for Liam. Also, I had eventually copped last night that Trigger was the BG - he had to have seen Frank's claim the night before and protected him (in my eyes) so would probably be protecting himself.

Neowise said:
    its possible that bg was on frank last night and is protecting trigger, but i'd still munch trigger anyhow, even if it failed. I'm not munching anyone else.
    frank can shoot more villagers, and tinfoil on liz could see her shot.

The vig could also shoot the wolf, so why would you go for the BG over the vig?

I could be wrong but its Basically keep the gun in play and push the alternates, the issue is, if you don't win that gun that's game over. So that whole theory rests on you winning that gun.

If Liam or liz win the gun, they shoot the other and Frank shoots you.. if Frank or me won the gun, you were a goner too I'd say after the previous night as the 2 options are Liam and Riona, that would bank on you pushing both the others without letting the mask slip.. experienced players would probably bet on themselves to do that..

Neowise definitely would

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I think the last day was always tough for you cee_jay with the vig, the BG and Liz all still alive - munching any of them still left two who were not likely to be lynched. The idea behind it is that Trigger was seer peeked clean as a whistle, but even killing him still left you with Frank who could possibly shoot you, and Liz to try and convince to lynch Liam.

Funnily enough the best tactic is generally said to be to kill the clear players, but I actually took the village seer to LYLO in a game where I was a wolf before - mainly because I had a power that would see me peeked as a villager on first glance.

It worked out ok because of other circumstances... but it all really depends on the scenario, no two games are the same so you didn't do anything wrong, you just have to go with what you think is the best idea - and if it works, all well and good - but then it probably never works again because these guys never forget :pac:

• Advertisement

See I played as if I wasn't going to win the raffle - and then there would be 2 guns in play pointing directly at me. I had already escaped that once, I couldn't imagine it again! I wanted only one in play - as I figured I had a better chance that way. Anyway, you live, you learn. I think there is a lot I can learn from in this game. I am not experienced enough at all - I know there is a lot to be said for analysing votes for example, but I just think it can all be read every which way!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

cee_jay wrote: »
    See I played as if I wasn't going to win the raffle - and then there would be 2 guns in play pointing directly at me. I had already escaped that once, I couldn't imagine it again! I wanted only one in play - as I figured I had a better chance that way. Anyway, you live, you learn. I think there is a lot I can learn from in this game. I am not experienced enough at all - I know there is a lot to be said for analysing votes for example, but I just think it can all be read every which way!

I think you were right to go for Frank tbh, Trigger seemed to be swayed more easily(no offence Trig :P) and I really do think had you not had an appointment today you probably could have dug up some stuff to help yourself today :pac:

You may not be that experienced but you really did do a fantastic job of planting seeds of doubt throughout the day yesterday, the sheer fact you got them to go after Liz is such an achievement in itself :D

LadySkunk wrote: »
    I think you were right to go for Frank tbh, Trigger seemed to be swayed more easily(no offence Trig :P) and I really do think had you not had an appointment today you probably could have dug up some stuff to help yourself today :pac:

You may not be that experienced but you really did do a fantastic job of planting seeds of doubt throughout the day yesterday, the sheer fact you got them to go after Liz is such an achievement in itself :D

Who exactly went after liz? All I seen was LeVar really who talked about the stuff I posted.. if you check my backroom (in between the endless gifs to the mods)you will see that was a play to see if anyone really jumped and pushed on that.

The doubt in my own mind was down to the fact that I had been on focusing Liam for most of the game and had convinced myself he was a wolf. That was all on me really, but that's still not to take anything away from CeeJay as she played a great game

I'd leave the wagonamics to the ones who love to do it and listen to what they say and hope they are not a wolf :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

But to be fair, Trigger not your fault Liam was a leader of men, powerful, eloquent, imposing, heroic, you couldn't help but focus on him

khalessi wrote: »
    But to be fair, Trigger not your fault Liam was a leader of men, powerful, eloquent, imposing, heroic, you couldn't help but focus on him

And very very Wolfie :D

You played brilliantly, I even think if I was still playing today I would take Liam out before Riona for lynch

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

You played brilliantly CJ when all your wolf teammates were dropping like flies around you :) You just ended up getting POE'd out of it at the finish but it was a brilliant game.

Thanks to the mods for running a wonderful game. i enjoyed myself on day1. i didnt believe i was getting lynched. Damn you beaker, but really it was my own fault for just howling from the outset lol :D

Rikand wrote: »
    You played brilliantly CJ when all your wolf teammates were dropping like flies around you :) You just ended up getting POE'd out of it at the finish but it was a brilliant game.

Thanks to the mods for running a wonderful game. i enjoyed myself on day1. i didnt believe i was getting lynched. Damn you beaker, but really it was my own fault for just howling from the outset lol :D

I didnt believe you were getting lynched either. I voted at 6 and left the thread.

I havent been a wolf in ages.... i miss how it feels

• Advertisement
Advertisement